Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help with Thunderstorms

Sylvie
August 8th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Hi there, I know that you think this question has been beaten to death, but
my vet just advised me to use Excel Calm-Quil Calming Tabs. Has anyone used them and if so have yu had any luck?

Also, I was just at the pet store and they suggested HomeoPet Anxiety TFLN, has anyone used this one and any luck So confusing :shrug: wht to use.

I just got some of the HomeoPet TFLN and gave it to Briar and now he is acting like I have poisened him :eek::yuck: Don't care if it works. It would be better than drugs. Any help would be appreciated :D

Frenchy
August 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I've tried Clomicalm from the vet , it takes an hour to do something , by that time , thunderstorm is over :shrug: now I have Rescue Remedy , I found it works faster and better. :thumbs up

Sylvie
August 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I have tried the Rescue Remedy and it doesn't do anything for him. :yell:

We'll see what happens with this new one, we never stop trying.:frustrated:

Frenchy
August 8th, 2008, 11:00 AM
we never stop trying.:frustrated:

Next step : put on some 70's old disco music , get naked and dance in the living room ....

ok ok I tried that and it didn't work but maybe your dogs have a better sense of humor than mine :laughing:

Chaser
August 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Just sending :goodvibes:and hoping something works for you!

SuperWanda
August 8th, 2008, 11:48 AM
What about a CD with thunderstorm sounds? I have never tried this myself but think it could work. My two are really affraid of storms but last year when we had a number of storms they almost seemed to get use to it when they were hearing the thunder more often.

Winston
August 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hey there Sylvie! did you try that stuff for Briar for the storms today? is he still being poisoned....I think you can put it in his water too!

clm
August 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Next step : put on some 70's old disco music , get naked and dance in the living room ....

ok ok I tried that and it didn't work but maybe your dogs have a better sense of humor than mine :laughing:

:laughing: If I did that the dogs would be even more scared. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
August 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM
:laughing: If I did that the dogs would be even more scared. :laughing:

Cindy

:laughing: but your neighbors would get a good laugh :D

Dingo
August 9th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I was just reading an article in some dog magazine about this, and one of the things they suggested was melatonin.

Sylvie
August 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice.

French: Next step : put on some 70's old disco music , get naked and dance in the living room ....

O.K. I tried that and they all ran out of the room whining and barking :laughing:

I used the HomeoPet Anxiety TFLN yesterday and it seemed to take the edge off, which I find better than drugging him. Will keep you posted if it keeps working.