Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grooming / Bath time

crazyhorse
August 8th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hello all.
I am hopping to get a few tips for bathing/grooming Molly (Springer Spaniel) cause boy does she need one (I hope changing the dog food helps). She is very good at bath time. As long as cotton balls don't go in the ears (I'm going to try wash cloth against it and see if that helps.
She loves her daily brush . I was wondering about trimming around the paws and ear plucking. Any and all extra advice and tips would be great. Thank you.

aslan
August 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
well atleast you are off to a good start that she likes baths. For her paws play with them a little bit( like massage) carefully scissor clip them. If she starts pullin her paw stop and pat her and talk soothingly, once calm start again. Plucking her ears, sprinkle a little baby powder(non-scented) onto the inside of her ear( Not in her ear) it absorbs the oil, makes it easier to get ahold of the hairs. It is easier and faster to just use your fingers.

crazyhorse
August 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you I took your advice and started playing with her paws she was fine so I started trimming around her paws. I did her back ones and she was good.

aslan
August 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
you're quite welcome anytime. Once she is used to you doin her feeties. you can get a very small clipper at walmart. It is battery operated and fits in your hand, it's for doing the paws,face and ears. Not so intrusive and noisy, works well too.