Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jindo Dog Korean Dog Help!!

jindo4life
July 13th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Sup guys, while my friend has a jindogae[a korean intelligent dog] who is 6 months old and wants to give it to me for free! Im not sure because I hear these dogs are super loyal and would run away and do bad things to be with their REAL owner. Im wondering if 6 months is young enough so that i can train it and it will be attached to ME. or im wondering if 6 months is to old and it will still be bonded with its old master. PLEASE respond A.S.A.P .. a dogs life is on the line!!

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Jindos are rather primitive dogs with very strong prey drive, and they do get very attached to their owners.

Since this dog's life is on the line, and you want to take it, you may as well give a try! At 6 months old, I'm sure this dog can bond to you. Do you have the time to spend training, exercising and bonding with this puppy?

Go to Google and type in "Jindo dogs" and you'll get a ton of information. People seem to either love or hate these dogs. They're different, that's for sure! You may be one of the people to love them!:)

cmt489
July 13th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Jindos can successfully be rescued/adopted out but it does take a little more work than with a dog like a golden. The only thing I STRONGLY urge you to do before you commit to adopting this dog is to be sure that you are aware of all of the pros and cons of Jindos (we don't want to see this poor soul in rescue again). Remember, while loyal, they tend not to be good with other dogs, have a high prey drive and are generally not good off leash. They are a lot of work but, to those that love them, well worth it! :p

Good luck!!

Michelle

heidiho
July 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM
What do these dogs look like??

Princesss04
July 13th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Go to www.google.com and type it in and it will show you pictures (that is what I just finished doing? hehehehe :D )

jindo4life
July 13th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Yea guys thanks alot for your feed bak helped me ALOT.. now all i need to know is.. WHAT is good for my jindo?

heidiho
July 13th, 2004, 12:56 PM
awww they are cute,but then what dog isnt....