Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lionel Groulx Metro-URGENT!

poodletalk
August 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I had to take a metro to work today, inside Lionel Groulx metro, before you go down the stairs to catch the Cote Vertu Metro, there's this street kid with a grocery cart with three puppies in a big plastic milk container, they were yelping and yelping!

The street kid is VERY smelly, he has three rottie mix's, the mother dog is with him she looks like a small white husky mix.

He's asking 100$ for each, but if you take all three, you can get them for 50$
If I had my car, I would have taken all three and the mother as well.

Can anyone help? Can anyone get these pups away from him? My hands are tied, I don't have my car and I'm leaving to go to Ontario. Anyone?

krdahmer
August 7th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Could animal control take them? I do believe that because you have to provide shelter... if he is homeless that would be grounds to take the dogs. I live to far away!!! :sad:

Love4himies
August 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Very upsetting. I hope somebody has taken those dogs to a safe place.

Frenchy
August 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
omg Poodletalk :sad:

rainbow
August 7th, 2008, 03:20 PM
OMG.....I hope someone can take them soon before he moves on to a new location. :pray: :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

chico2
August 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Awww Poodltalk,you are having a really bad week,aren't you,one incident after the other,you must be a wreck:sad:
Yesterday on the news,they showed Squeegy(sp)kids in Toronto and almost everyone of them had a dog:shrug:
I would not deny homeless people an animal to love,but these kids admitted to being drug-addicts:sad:

I hope someone will step in and take these poor pups:pray:

poodletalk
August 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I hope someone will step in and take these poor pups

I tried Chico, I emailed an organization that helps street kids in Montreal, I asked them how can we help Street Kids not to sell their dog off springs for profit? I haven't heard back from them.

I just came home, I took the same Metro route didn't see him. I feel bad for the dogs and him! He's young about 23 years old, he obviously has some serious problems and he smells so badly!

In my office, all I could smell is him...I didn't eat lunch today I thought I was going to through up with the smell.

Soon as I got home, I took a shower and through my clothes in the washer. I can only home someone helps the pups and him.

Frenchy
August 7th, 2008, 03:51 PM
They get their females pregnant for profit ? :frustrated:

Those pups must have been too young to be separated from their mom , and the poor mom :sad:

rainbow
August 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hopefully someone came along and rescued those poor pups and their mom from him :fingerscr :goodvibes: and he didn't just move on to a new location. :sad:

poodletalk
August 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
The mother dog is very skinny, the pups looked healthy.

There is an organization that helps street kids in Montreal to get their dogs sterilized but the street kids have to pay a little fee.

Also, sometimes future veternairians, do their estage hours helping sterlize and take care of street kids dogs.

Street kids also breed their dogs to "give" the pups to their friends, but this case the guy was desperate for the money.