Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bark Busters

water101
August 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I was looking into using bark busters services to help us control our boarder collie's barking at the door and people apssing by oputside as well as being a little unfriendly to strangers.

Has anyone ever used this service or is there a better one or training I could do to help our 4 year old with her problem. We walk her daily to try and socialize a little more but she can't go near anyone as she growls and barks too much.

We are in the Toronto area.

Thanks
Water

ashtoreth
August 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54929

see this post :)

water101
August 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Ok so those reviews are great. Does anyone know of any good training in the Brampton/Mississauga Ontario area that will help with our issues.

Thanks

allymack
August 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Sorry i dont know any trainers in the Ontairio area at all. But it does sound like were having similar problems. Is your dog clicker trained? this might be a help untill you can find a good trainer. Ou and it would be great if oyu could share what you learn :D

water101
August 7th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I have hired an independant trainer to come to the house. She will be working with both dogs including our puppy. It is a 10 week 1 hour per class per dog. The price was good and they come highly recommended. I will update the changes in our Collie.

kiara
August 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have picked up their flyer for a friend who has two big dogs, totally out of control. She works full time and has the summer off. She seems overwhelmed. I don't know anything about this company and methods of their training. They claim to be the largest dog training company in the world, (originating in Australia), with trained therapists. They provide an in home training program. Their no is 1-866-418-4584 www.barkbusters.ca I don't know if I am allowed to put their no. on an open forum. They also provide a written lifetime guarantee ( which I think should speak for itself ) My friend is planning to call them and I will see if they helped her.

BlueBreeze
August 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I took my dog to a behaviourist in Guelph as she's very timid and also quite reactive. She has a few issues, but her barking when someone comes to the door has greatly decreased. :)
I know a couple of trainers east of Toronto and could ask them for references for your area.

Another board I'm on had a lengthy post about BB.---nothing postive.

George61
October 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Bark Busters can take anyone who has the $30,000 to spend and within a few weeks turn them into a "Dog Whisper"!!

BenMax
October 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I was looking into using bark busters services to help us control our boarder collie's barking at the door and people apssing by oputside as well as being a little unfriendly to strangers.

Has anyone ever used this service or is there a better one or training I could do to help our 4 year old with her problem. We walk her daily to try and socialize a little more but she can't go near anyone as she growls and barks too much.

We are in the Toronto area.

Thanks
Water

Please DON'T DO IT. Please source out another option/training service.

BenMax
October 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Ok I am a :loser: this is an old thread! Sorry everyone - don't panic.