Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tommy update

Tommysmom
August 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
It's been a while since I posted any pictures of my little booger. We took him out to a bike path field near our house - last year he was TERRIFIED to go here... well, last year he was terrified of everything, really! He absolutely loves his walkies now, races to the door at any time of day as soon as you say the word, so we thought we'd see if he felt any better about the field this year.

Can we say 'I love acupuncture'? Seriously. I no longer have the same dog I used to have. Please note, the tail actually appears in the 'up' position... that was very rarely the case until just a short while ago!

Tommysmom
August 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
A few more, just because we're so happy to see him like this:lovestruck:.

aslan
August 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
wow, he looks sooooo good, yay for acupuncture. I have to say i love the second picture.

Frenchy
August 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
yea Tommy ! I'm glad it worked out for him , he does look happy :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 07:44 PM
The first picture has to be my favorite. He looks like he's really enjoying himself. What exactly are you doing with the acupuncture? I must have missed that post. If this is the result of that then I'd really love to hear about it.

Tommysmom
August 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
The acupuncture is really for his tummy issues... which, according to the holistic vet, is due to a deficiency of his spleen chi - if you believe that stuff:shrug:. According to her, and what I've read, his shyness and fear and most of what I'd assumed were personality traits are all part of this ailment. Ever since we started acupuncture, Tommy's been happier and more brave and curious about everything around him... he's just a totally different doggy:lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
The acupuncture is really for his tummy issues... which, according to the holistic vet, is due to a deficiency of his spleen chi - if you believe that stuff:shrug:. According to her, and what I've read, his shyness and fear and most of what I'd assumed were personality traits are all part of this ailment. Ever since we started acupuncture, Tommy's been happier and more brave and curious about everything around him... he's just a totally different doggy:lovestruck:.

That makes sense. I can see if he has tummy issues he is feeling icky and not wanting to be social. I'm not very social when I've got stomach issues too.

I think as long as it's working for him then go for it. I like to give things like that the benefit of the doubt. Yay for acupuncture!

allymack
August 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Aw, tommy is looking so good :cloud9: Is great to hear that he will go through the bike path now!

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Great tongue-action shots, Tommysmom! :D He's such a handsome Dude...and he looks so happy!! :flirt: If that's the result of acupuncture, I gotta get me some of that! :o

rainbow
August 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
WOOO HOOO for Tommy :highfive: and YAY for acupuncture. :thumbs up

He looks so happy exploring :cloud9: and I love the third pic. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Very happy to hear the acupuncture is working so well for Tommy :highfive:

Great to see him happy, relaxed & confident :thumbs up