Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czarina's space, dinner time and that's not Goldilocks

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I don't think I've ever posted any pictures of Czari's kitchen space.

Here's Vlad demonstrating his big sisters room.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/017-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/019-1.jpg

Here's the gang having dinner:D I've been trying to feed them all in the same area hoping Czarina begins to feel more comfortable around them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/024-1.jpg

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Here's another shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/026-1.jpg

She wasn't anywhere I could see her so I walked upstairs and here she was :laughing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/027-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/028-1.jpg

Winston
August 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ancient! that is AWESOME!!!! :thumbs up Now ! does that look like a comfy kitty! even though she has the kitchen! she does not seem to be too worried! :D

I am convinced that she is feeling at home now! doesnt mean I think she can be fully trusted when your away... but to see her have these times while your around can only gain her confidence!

Like I said shes just a crabby little one and like a child has to gain your trust!

LOVE THE PICS!

Cindy

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks Winston. I agree with you, I don't trust her to leave her alone with the others for any longer than an hour or two. But letting them eat in the same room might help her trust the others a bit. I was thrilled to see she felt comfortable enough to sleep on my bed.

Tommysmom
August 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Ancientgirl, the progress you have made is absolutely amazing! I can't believe this is the same kitty you tried to bring in before. I know it's not perfect yet, but it seems like it's really moving fast over there (although I'm sure it's seemed so long a process to you!)... she's looking very comfortable with the rest of the gang:lovestruck:.

Winston
August 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Good idea about the feeding! can only make her more comfy! Although I may even watch that for a bit..just in case one gets curious or something and it starts a fight! food can be a motivator sometimes! but what a great feeling you must have! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Tommysmom, it feels like forever frankly. LOL, and yes, it's hard to believe she's the same kitty from the first time around. I knew if I was going to try this agian, I needed to be more prepared. I don't think it will ever be perfect or even as perfect as I want, but I'll take semi perfect for now :D

Winston, I kept a watch on them. The others are really good at sticking to their own plates, and each others. They leave her alone for the most part when they're all eating. I set their plates down first then hers. In the morning she gets hers first and they get second lol, so it works out evenly.

I'm very happy to know she's here and safe. I was smiling from ear to ear when I saw her on the bed, and I get choked up when I see her playing. For so long she was sleeping on dirt beds and having to find shelter from the rain or the extreme heat. She didn't know what a toy was. She has all that now and I'm thrilled to no end to know she feels safe just like the rest of the gang.

dogcatharmony
August 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Oh she is just gorgeous!!! And she looks right at home curled up on your bed. Awesome job:thumbs up

Frenchy
August 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
:laughing: I love the last pic , she looks like a bi**** queen :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Frenchy, I've got two of those now.:laughing:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Frenchy, I've got two of those now.:laughing:

I can see they are both still alive so good job ! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM
That's awesome, AG! She looks right at home in the dinner pictures! And definitely at ease on your bed! :laughing:

:highfive:

:grouphug:

krdahmer
August 5th, 2008, 10:38 PM
That is really awesome... but I have to say... I can't get over how small Kiska is! She really is a tiny miss!:lovestruck: And you have a dishwasher!!! I am soooo jelous! ;)

Dracko
August 5th, 2008, 10:57 PM
OMG! I can't believe she was just lying up there on your bed like that. So great. You watch, one day you'll go up and she'll be on the bed along with another cat or two. Most likely she'll never want them touching her or cuddling up but obviously she's tolerating them being fairly close.

rainbow
August 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
WOOOO HOOOO ....you must be so proud of Queen Czarina. :lovestruck: :thumbs up

The last pic really shows her tortitude. :D :cloud9:

Love4himies
August 6th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Wow, they are eating in the same room at the same time :thumbs up:highfive:.

Czarina does look like royalty on your bed:laughing:. I bet she doesn't want the outside life now.:cat:

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hazel - That's twice now I've caught her up there. :D

Krdahmer - Kiska I don't expect to grow much more. Oksana is a petite girl, but Kiska is slightly smaller than her. She and Maks are both kind of long in the body, especially Maks. He's a long thin little guy. He's a little bigger than Oksana, but still he looks smaller sometimes because of his body. I don't expect him to grow much more either. And you could probably have my dishwasher, I don't cook enough to need it.

Dracko - You are likely right. She's still not totally trusting of them, since she's still hissing and swatting and now actually going after. But since she does tolerate being around them and eating around them I figure at some point she will realize they mean her no harm and she can let her guard down. It's funny, whenever I set her food down Maks spends a few minutes just looking back at her. I think he wants to be friends with her but he's a bit afraid of her since she does nothing but hiss at him. My poor little guy.

Rainbow - I'm extremely happy she's comfortable enough to make herself at home the way she has. I see that as a sign she is no fearful of her surroundings. And she's got tortitude to spare!

L4H - I pray every day that little by little she will forget her life outside and come to believe she's always been with us. I know she's got to be happy to have food twice a day and clean water, a comfy little bed to sleep in as well as comfy spots here and there to nap the day away.

I feel bad for the others still outside, but at least I have been able to help one. Maybe someday I can help more.

I have to thank each and every one of you. You can't imagine how helpful it has been for me to have you all here. Your encouragement and support is a big part of how far I've come with Czarina. I've still got a ways to go, but little by little, day by day I feel more confident it will all work out.:grouphug:

krdahmer
August 6th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Awww :2huggers: :D It's our pleasure... just keep the pics coming!! ;):lovestruck:

chico2
August 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM
OMG AG,I can't believe she is there eating with the others,that is just fantastic news,you've done sooooo good:thumbs up
Her on your bed is unbelievable,OMG that makes my heart flutter:cat:

14+kitties
August 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
:thumbs up :grouphug::highfive::cloud9::D:)

Such a good job you!!! She is doing wonderfully!!

Every day it will get better. There may be small setbacks but I can see she is home to stay.

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Chico, 14+ she really is making some amazing progress. LOL, unfortunately, she's going to learn the hard way she's got to come when the dinner bell rings. Maks is eating all of her food. :laughing::laughing: When I put her in the kitchen tonight I'll open up a little can and give that to her.

Some days of course are better than others, but I have those with the others too. Today Vlad is in rare form and just messing with EVERYBODY! He's had a few swatting matches with Czarina and has tried to tackle Oksana several times. I had to get a hold of him and just hold him and say no to leave her alone a few times, just to calm him down. He's got her so terrorized.

BUT, I did spot a little section in the Whole Foods with all of the Bach flower essences so I'm going to get some for him and the girls.

Anyway, I was quite happy to see her up on my bed. She's certainly home that's for sure!:D

Love4himies
August 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
You are doing a wonderful job, too bad she can't talk, because I am sure she would be thanking you from the bottom of her heart. Not only does she have a warm bed and regular meals, she doesn't have to be on guard, 24/7 wondering if there is a predator or another cat waiting to pounce on her.

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
You are doing a wonderful job, too bad she can't talk, because I am sure she would be thanking you from the bottom of her heart. Not only does she have a warm bed and regular meals, she doesn't have to be on guard, 24/7 wondering if there is a predator or another cat waiting to pounce on her.

Thanks. I'd like to think she feels that way. I did this at the right time too. There is a lot of renovation going on in my complex. They've been redoing the walkways and now they are planting a lot of new trees. Her old stomping ground next to Miguel's office is all full of dirt and trees waiting to be planted. If she'd still been out there she might have disappeared to a whole different place in the complex or worse, she might have gotten hurt.

This all happened at the right time. I don't think neither of us were ready back in December the first time around.

As for pouncing, well Vlad is the only pouncer around here and lately his favorite subject is Oksana :frustrated:

chico2
August 7th, 2008, 07:04 AM
AG,ever now and then Rocky will go after Chico,usually when Chico gets the zoomies,it gets Rocky all excited,it's almost as if Chico wants him to chase him.
But when Rocky gets too close then Chico will growl and whine,like right now...Rocky is on my lap and I can hear Chico running like crazy,area-rugs flying:laughing:
So,here goes Rocky after Chico:cat:

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Chico, I just hate to see him being a bully. Oksana will be just walking by and he'll pounce on her. And now Maks is doing the same thing :frustrated: This morning she was doing nothing other than just laying next to me and there goes Maks.

*sigh* I know it's inevitable that in a 5 cat household there will be some problems, but it's like a domino affect. Vlad messes with Oksana, Maks messes with Oksana, Oksana messes with Kiska and so on. I sometimes just wish Oksana would give him one good thwap and he'll just leave her alone.:rolleyes: