Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pyramids & Sphinx

onster
August 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM
A few pics from today...it was awesome as we went early morning (arrived at gate at 6:40 when it opens at 8am) and we were practically alone. Last time `i went I was too young to appreciate it. wow :cool:

onster
August 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
More....

onster
August 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
more...:thumbs up

onster
August 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
a few more...

onster
August 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Last 3 :D

Hope u guys enjoyed it, im so beat just got back from playing squash and I think i might die :o

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Wow! :eek: Impressive even in pictures--must be awesome in person! Can you go inside the pyramids, onster?

So did the sphinx pose you any riddles? :D

Chaser
August 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Great pictures - those pyramids look amazing!

Pit Bull Love
August 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Wow! That is wild!

Frenchy
August 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
woohoo ! I was waiting for those pics ! :thumbs up

WOW !!! I never thought the "blocks" were so freaking big !!! So onster , how do people from that area think it was build ? As for myself , the only thing I can think of , seeing how big those blocks are ... aliens http://bestsmileys.com/aliens/14.gif

:o

what other reasonable explanation ? :confused: I mean they didn't have Red Bull back then :shrug:

kathryn
August 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
So are you in Egypt... right now??? And you find the time to share your beautiful pictures with us? :crazy:

Or do you live there?

Anyways, neato pictures! I wouldn't go to Egypt though. It's really awesome looking, but frankly it looks to hot there :laughing: And barely any shade I see! Well I guess since erm, it's a desert....

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Very very :cool: :highfive: :thumbs up pics

Love the sphinx :cat:

Pyramids are way too cool :cloud9: :lovestruck:

So would someone be allowed to climb to the top/near to it of the outside of the pyramids (providing they had the time & energy of course :laughing:) or are you not supposed to climb up the outside higher than the entrance way? I would so be tempted to go as high as possible :D Must be a wicked view from up there :cloud9:

rainbow
August 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Onster, those pics are absolutely amazing :cloud9: .....thank you so much for posting them. :thumbs up

rainbow
August 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Oh, btw, did you ride a camel yet? :D ....if so, we want pics. :thumbs up

Love4himies
August 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM
The building of those pyramids just baffles my mind. Thanks for sharing, onster. :thumbs up

onster
August 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Can you go inside the pyramids, onster?

Yep, the one pic with the hole in the pyramid, u can see my bro in those ppl he went in the pyramid...I didnt cuz its very cramped, hot and u cant go back cuz theres ppl behind u and I have asthma so I didnt want to feel "stuffed" in a hole lol

woohoo ! I was waiting for those pics !

WOW !!! I never thought the "blocks" were so freaking big !!! So onster , how do people from that area think it was build ? As for myself , the only thing I can think of , seeing how big those blocks are ... aliens

what other reasonable explanation ? I mean they didn't have Red Bull back then

lol

basically extreme intelligence, dilligence, manpower & old fashioned hard work :cool:

So are you in Egypt... right now??? And you find the time to share your beautiful pictures with us?

Or do you live there?

Anyways, neato pictures! I wouldn't go to Egypt though. It's really awesome looking, but frankly it looks to hot there.. And barely any shade I see! Well I guess since erm, it's a desert....

Yes am in Egypt on holiday...I am egyptian. I do have free time to post pics...it is a holiday afterall :p It is hot now but weve got ACs and actually there is lots of shade :thumbs up Just not at the Giza plateau where the pyramids are cuz they didnt build anything immediately next to it. Other than that, there is shade and parks and trees, lol....the nile vally is very fertile :thumbs up

[QUOTE=growler;636027]

So would someone be allowed to climb to the top/near to it of the outside of the pyramids /QUOTE]

Your not allowed to climb them now but once upon a time you could. I guess for safety reasons its not allowed anymore but you can climb to the hole in the pyramid which is the entrance inside in the one pic...

onster
August 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM
nope didnt ride a camel yet :p

Thanks guys...glad u liked the pics!:thumbs up

Frenchy
August 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM
basically extreme intelligence, dilligence, manpower & old fashioned hard work :cool:

That would be the boring explanation :rolleyes: :laughing:

Still seem impossible to me , look at the size of it :eek: must be so cool to stand beside it :cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Wow, those are amazing pictures. You can barely see the Sphinx's face though. But it is a few thousand years old so I guess I can't expect much huh :laughing:

Those stones on the pyramids are huge! I've seen people climb to the top of one of them, but I can't imagine doing that. I'd probably have a heart attack!

krdahmer
August 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Those pics are awesome.... thanks for sharing again... it's like we're all there with you!

Brandykins
August 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Awsome !! It must have been wonderful to be actually there. To think after all the centuries that have past since that era, that the pyramids and the sphinx are still standing!! Great piccies.

Take care. :thumbs up

Byrd
August 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Yep, the one pic with the hole in the pyramid, u can see my bro in those ppl he went in the pyramid...I didnt cuz its very cramped, hot and u cant go back cuz theres ppl behind u and I have asthma so I didnt want to feel "stuffed" in a hole lol

I've been in, it's amazing. Very cramped going up, even for little 5' 1" me, but once you're in the Grand Gallery and then the King's Chamber.... OMG super amazing!!!!

You're not allowed to take cameras in, but they never said anything about cell phones. ;) The first one is the chute, the second the Grand Gallery... with me in front.