Hmm can't reach from here.....

Maybe this spot is better ;)

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I can has milk :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

TeriM
August 5th, 2008, 01:05 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Awesome pictures of beautiful Duffy :cloud9:.

Chaser
August 5th, 2008, 01:09 AM
LOL....sneaky kitty.....:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2008, 01:26 AM
:laughing: anytime I pull out one of those glasses, she thinks there's gonna be milk in it :D :cat:

14+kitties
August 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
So Cute!! :cloud9:
Is Duffy one of the lucky ones not lactose intolerant? I don't like the runny poos after my guys get into it. :yuck:

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
That second one is cute. She's got this sad look like she wants it so bad! Then the third one made me nervous! All I could see was a tipped over glass.

I've only ever let one of my gang try milk, and that was before I knew about the lactose intolerance. Poor kitty Vlad.

bendyfoot
August 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
:laughing: I think I have Duffy's evil twin at my house. She looks a lot like Boo and steals milk in the same cunning fashion.:laughing:

NoahGrey
August 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Please do not fed your cat milk. It can cause D'rea. The only time milk is good..is milk from their mom, when they were kittens. Cows milks, etc is not good for them. To hard on their stomach.

ACO22

Jim Hall
August 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
sorry aco i have fed my cats half and half for years not much but they have had no prblems with it MS DU expects it almost evry night and will miao if i dont give it to her .

Chris21711
August 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Please do not fed your cat milk. It can cause D'rea. The only time milk is good..is milk from their mom, when they were kittens. Cows milks, etc is not good for them. To hard on their stomach.

ACO22

Growler is a Cat Nutrition Guru ACO22, I think she would be fully aware of that.

Chris21711
August 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
She is looking oh so good Growler :lovestruck:

Jim Hall
August 5th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry Growler She Is Soo Pretty

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I love the way she sizes up the glass carefully from all directions and lays her plan before moving in for the kill...er...the laps. :thumbs up Good girl, Duffy! :cat: :D

krdahmer
August 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Aw I see you don't mind a little kitty slobber in your beverages either eh growler?! ;) :laughing: I can barely finish my cereal here without Windy and Palomine vying for the first licks at the leftover milk. They never get much, but just enough to think they are being really sneaky, and having a really special treat!

(and around here even guests have to watch a glass of ice water... Smoke and Fagan and Asker are always on the lookout for an unattended one of those!)

So nice to see Duffy in action... loved the way she sized it up first.... plan of attack is always important!:lovestruck::cloud9:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
:laughing: anytime I pull out one of those glasses, she thinks there's gonna be milk in it :D :cat:

Good thing you don't drink too much Vodka :laughing:

Smart Duffy staying healthy drinking her milk :thumbs up

NoahGrey
August 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I think it is well known that most cats are lactose intolerance. And I said it can cause D'rea.
Anyway..it is known that it is hard on their stomach and is the least thing to give...but what do I know...I am just a registered Vet Tech and a Animal Protection Officer who works with animals on a daily basis.

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/askdr/milk.htm

ACO22

Chris21711
August 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I think it is well known that most cats are lactose intolerance. And I said it can cause D'rea.
Anyway..it is known that it is hard on their stomach and is the least thing to give...but what do I know...I am just a registered Vet Tech and a Animal Protection Officer who works with animals on a daily basis.

ACO22

I am not disputing your credentials at all. You have been a member of this forum for quite some time now and no doubt are aware of Growlers knowledge. I thought that ACO stood for Animal Control Officer :confused:

chico2
August 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Aww Growler Duffy is soo cute,does not look a year over 5:lovestruck:
As for the milk,I've never tried milk with my current guys,but my 3 before them(peppi,cookie and sammy)always got a little bit of milk,with no problems.
Growing up,my cat always drank milk and ate only fish:shrug:
No cat-food in those days,my mom used to cook fisheads(for free at the fishmarket)and that's all he ate and drank:shrug:

Jim Hall
August 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
ohh fishehads Yummmmmm

Du gets her half and half the more fat in the diary the less lactose and her shredded frisky salmon every night so far no runs

its not a lot of milk maybe an oz pr so but she loves it

sugarcatmom
August 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Love the pics, especially the second one with Duffy's eyes all big, surveying the situation. She's such a special kitty, I say if she wants milk, then milk she should get!

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
ohh fishehads Yummmmmm

Du gets her half and half the more fat in the diary the less lactose and her shredded frisky salmon every night so far no runs

its not a lot of milk maybe an oz pr so but she loves it

I read somewhere that some people their cats heavy cream instead of milk. That must be why.

I know mine love the taste of it, but the poops isn't fun. I can always give them a tiny bit of cream or half and half as a treat. I'm talking like less than a teaspoon. A mini teaspoon.:D

rainbow
August 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM

Only Growler would drink milk out of a beer glass. :laughing:

Very cute pics of Miss Duffy :lovestruck: and I say if she can tolerate the milk let her have it. :thumbs up

rainbow
August 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM

ACO22

From the Cornell website....

Cats can probably tolerate a little milk

and that's probably all Duffy is getting. ;)

allymack
August 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Aw, pretty little Duffy:cloud9:

If the milk isnt harming Duffy in any way, i am sure its fine to give her a little bit..i mean its not like growler let her drink the whole glass..

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 12:03 AM
So Cute!! :cloud9:
Is Duffy one of the lucky ones not lactose intolerant? I don't like the runny poos after my guys get into it. :yuck:

Thanks, Yes Duffy & my :rip::cat: Mischief have had a little bit of milk their whole lives & have never had any digestive upset or diarreah :D

:laughing: I think I have Duffy's evil twin at my house. She looks a lot like Boo and steals milk in the same cunning fashion.:laughing:

:laughing: :thumbs up

ACO22

Thank you for your concern. Duffy has never had any issues with having a bit of milk on occasion, she also takes probiotics daily so she's covered on that end. :)

Love the pics, especially the second one with Duffy's eyes all big, surveying the situation. She's such a special kitty, I say if she wants milk, then milk she should get!

Thanks scm, I especially like the 1st pic :D Duffy says thanks too :cat:

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
She is looking oh so good Growler :lovestruck:

Sorry Growler She Is Soo Pretty

Thank you both :D

I love the way she sizes up the glass carefully from all directions and lays her plan before moving in for the kill...er...the laps. :thumbs up Good girl, Duffy! :cat: :D

She is a planner always checking her angles :evil:

Aw I see you don't mind a little kitty slobber in your beverages either eh growler?! ;) :laughing: I can barely finish my cereal here without Windy and Palomine vying for the first licks at the leftover milk. They never get much, but just enough to think they are being really sneaky, and having a really special treat!

(and around here even guests have to watch a glass of ice water... Smoke and Fagan and Asker are always on the lookout for an unattended one of those!)

So nice to see Duffy in action... loved the way she sized it up first.... plan of attack is always important!:lovestruck::cloud9:

Kitty slobber, kitty fuzz, doggie slobber, doggie fuzz :shrug: eh who cares, it's in my drinks, it's in my food I wouldn't have it any other way :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 12:14 AM
That second one is cute. She's got this sad look like she wants it so bad! Then the third one made me nervous! All I could see was a tipped over glass.

Haha not to worry she has never knocked anything over :D

Good thing you don't drink too much Vodka :laughing:

Smart Duffy staying healthy drinking her milk

:laughing: she won't even drink water out of my glass, only milk

Aww Growler Duffy is soo cute,does not look a year over 5:lovestruck:

And she doesn't act a day over 5 :D

Only Growler would drink milk out of a beer glass. :laughing:

Very cute pics of Miss Duffy :lovestruck: and I say if she can tolerate the milk let her have it.

:laugh: Well I don't drink beer so why not :p

Aw, pretty little Duffy:cloud9:

If the milk isnt harming Duffy in any way, i am sure its fine to give her a little bit..i mean its not like growler let her drink the whole glass..

No I don't but not for lack of trying on her part :laughing:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my purrty grrl

Seriously though she only gets a minute or two to get in a few mouthfuls, and not very often at that. :cat:

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I can barely finish my cereal here without Windy and Palomine vying for the first licks at the leftover milk.

Oh yeah and about the cereal :rolleyes: she eats that too while it's in my bowl & I'm trying to eat it - doesn't matter what kind of cereal I get - Duffy has to have some :laughing: :cat:

krdahmer
August 6th, 2008, 02:11 AM
:laughing: I have to lock Palomine up to get to have any of my rice crispies!! They really are just too cute sometimes! :lovestruck:

Love4himies
August 6th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Awwww, Duffy, what a smart kitty you are to finally figure out how to get some milk.:cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
On the rare occasion I have vanilla ice-cream, I let Vlad have a bit of it. LOL, the other day I just found myself not even worrying about his slobber, I just had the rest from the spoon when he'd finished.

Heck, there's cat hair all over my place, on my bed, bits of litter on the bed, I've even found a stray hair in my mouth now and then. Meh, what's a bit of kitty slobber and hair in your milk too.:D

Growler, you have probably posted this before, but what kind of probiotics do you feed Duffy? Is there a particular brand you use and how much to you give her? I'd like to start giving my gang some of those.

breeze
August 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
such a pretty duffy..:cloud9::cloud9:

love the picture with her head in the glass...:lovestruck::cloud9:

NoahGrey
August 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I thought that ACO stood for Animal Control Officer :confused:

Yes it does. My job title at the previous spca that I worked for was 'Animal Control Officer'. I came onto this forum when I was working there. My job title at the spca that I work for now is 'Animal Protection Officer'...But I am registered on here as ACO22, from when I was classified as an Animal Control Officer.

ACO22

Jim Hall
August 6th, 2008, 12:32 PM
how do you ;ike your new job ?

I always wondered how folks in your jobs deal with the stress ?

Chris21711
August 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yes it does. My job title at the previous spca that I worked for was 'Animal Control Officer'. I came onto this forum when I was working there. My job title at the spca that I work for now is 'Animal Protection Officer'...But I am registered on here as ACO22, from when I was classified as an Animal Control Officer.

ACO22

So now you are an Agent/Investigator?

NoahGrey
August 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
how do you ;ike your new job ?

I always wondered how folks in your jobs deal with the stress ?

Jim, I have to say that I work for one of the best spcas that I know of. We don't euth for cage space/healthy/sound animals. Every animal that comes though our doors gets the best care. We work with Toronto Wildlife Center and the Owl Foundation.

My job is a passion of mine. While it is emotionally draining, it is a very rewarding profession.

How do I deal with stress...I am still trying to figure out how you do that *L*. As you know the profession is not a 9-5 job. You work dayshift, nightshift, on-call, weekends, holidays. I know in my case, one of my biggest problems is mentally I take everything home. I think about the wildlife that I brought in and hope that they recover to better health, so that they can be released. The stray that I hopefully can catch tomorrow and so on.

I see alot of bad things on a daily basis and quite honestly since coming into this field have lost my respect for humanity and quite frankly sometimes hate the human race.

With the bad, there is good. I get to see the terrfied stray that was so deyhrated and emansicated grow stonger everyday, while gaining trust in humans. Then see it get adopted into a loving home. The wildlife that after rehabbed, gets released back into the wild. Dogs that are so scared, when they are first brought in, they crower in their cages. As time goes on..they greet you with a wag from the tail. All od the sick/inkured animals are humanely put down and no longer have to suffer.

Everday I make a difference in a animals life. Whether domestic, wild, livestock, exoitc. I am in love with my job.

ACO22

NoahGrey
August 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
So now you are an Agent/Investigator?

No, not yet. Hopefully soon. All of the other officers are though. Course is coming up soon.

ACO22

chico2
August 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
ACO,thank's for explaining your job.
It takes a very special person to do what you do,I am sure it's both heartbreaking and rewarding.

rainbow
August 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Yes, I agree, and good luck on the Agent/Investigator position. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Awwww, Duffy, what a smart kitty you are to finally figure out how to get some milk.:cloud9:

Thanks L4H, she's always been very clever finding ways to get what she wants :D

On the rare occasion I have vanilla ice-cream, I let Vlad have a bit of it.

Growler, you have probably posted this before, but what kind of probiotics do you feed Duffy? Is there a particular brand you use and how much to you give her? I'd like to start giving my gang some of those.

:laughing: You should see her when there's ice cream around :lovestruck: :cat:

Duffy has used Wysong Pet Inoculant (http://www.wysong.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WOTTPWS&Product_Code=PI011&Category_Code=SUP&Product_Count=10) is a good one, liquid must be refridgerated, directions as per bottle. Now she is taking PB8 (http://www.nutritionnow.com/PB8.htm) capsules 1 in her breakfast & 1 in her dinner, she's about 11-12 lbs. Both were vet recommended :)

such a pretty duffy..:cloud9::cloud9:

love the picture with her head in the glass...:lovestruck::cloud9:

Thanks Breeze, Duffy is a very special little girl :cloud9: She's gotten very good @ drinking out of a glass even when I have to tilt it so the liquid is closer towards her :D

14+kitties
August 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah and about the cereal :rolleyes: she eats that too while it's in my bowl & I'm trying to eat it - doesn't matter what kind of cereal I get - Duffy has to have some :laughing: :cat:

:laughing: I have to lock Palomine up to get to have any of my rice crispies!! They really are just too cute sometimes! :lovestruck:

I have that problem too! Jade and Teegan like to come up and share my cereal in the morning. They aren't too crazy about oatmeal though. Just the cold stuff. Too bad I usually have oatmeal. :rolleyes:
I think if Duffy can handle milk Duffy should get her milk. My Pepe :rip: got milk once or twice a week for almost all of his 19 years. He was pretty happy. It sure doesn't seem to be hurting the pretty girl! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Growler. I'm going ot check out the PB8 stuff. Seems like that would be easier to give my gang.

Chris21711
August 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM
No, not yet. Hopefully soon. All of the other officers are though. Course is coming up soon.

ACO22

I believe you are in Ontario, the courses are in September at the Provincial Offices, maybe you would like to hook up with my daughter, she works there.

Chris21711
August 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks L4H, she's always been very clever finding ways to get what she wants :D

So that's how she found you is it Growler :lovestruck::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
So that's how she found you is it Growler :lovestruck::laughing:

Funny you should say that.....her vet told me the other day that it's like she was "picked out of the CATalogue" just perfect for me :laughing:

:lovestruck: :cloud9:

NoahGrey
August 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I believe you are in Ontario, the courses are in September at the Provincial Offices, maybe you would like to hook up with my daughter, she works there.

My supervisor is sending me. Yup, in September in Newmarket.

ACO22

Brandykins
August 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Lovely piccies, especially the first one! What a beauty!! Also loved the one with the wee one's head in the glass! So cute!

Take care :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks Brandykins :D

FancyAppy
August 12th, 2008, 12:51 PM
so cute! My husband loves to share his milk with our kitties. it is a riot watching them get to it...and they have lot's of fun figuring it out.
Really cute pics.

phoozles
August 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Sweet Duffy :lovestruck:
I've got a milk hog too :evil: Alley.. she actually grabs the empty milk bags and brings them into 'her' room - if it's a full bag, she'll puncture it to get the milk inside :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
August 13th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Sweet Duffy :lovestruck:
I've got a milk hog too :evil: Alley.. she actually grabs the empty milk bags and brings them into 'her' room - if it's a full bag, she'll puncture it to get the milk inside :rolleyes:

:laughing: That Alley such a silly grrl :cat:

Crestedcrazy
August 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM
:thumbs up awww such a smart kitty!