Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy toys

ashtoreth
August 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
We are now on the buying toys process for Titus (only 11 days before we get him home!!)

I was looking for Kongs, everyone loves kongs eh? anyhow, I saw puppy kongs... anything different about them?

We're looking around for toys, but theres a few new one since I last shopped for them heh. Anything better than others?

aslan
August 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
hi astoreth, the pup you're getting is a springer spaniel right. The puppy kongs are a little softer than the regular kong. Puppies teeth aren't as strong as an adult so the toys have to be softer.

Chaser
August 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Lots of new people getting puppies - it's hard to keep track but I think you are getting a husky???

Anyway, the puppy kongs are good and I also really liked the Nylabone Puppy Teething Keys when Chase was a pup. You'll probably want to get size Large for both to be safe. And keep an eye out for incoming adult teeth. They can come in surprisingly fast, and once they have a couple big teeth the "puppy" toys are NOT safe anymore and you'll want to switch to the tougher black Kongs and Nylabone Durables bones.

Oh, and get a Cuz (they're round squeaky rubber balls with little "feet" on the bottom) - LOTS of fun for all dogs!

aslan
August 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
ooops my bad you're right chase_mom...it is a husky puppy.

ashtoreth
August 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
hi astoreth, the pup you're getting is a springer spaniel right. The puppy kongs are a little softer than the regular kong. Puppies teeth aren't as strong as an adult so the toys have to be softer.

nah, husky ^^

ashtoreth
August 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Lots of new people getting puppies - it's hard to keep track but I think you are getting a husky???

Anyway, the puppy kongs are good and I also really liked the Nylabone Puppy Teething Keys when Chase was a pup. You'll probably want to get size Large for both to be safe. And keep an eye out for incoming adult teeth. They can come in surprisingly fast, and once they have a couple big teeth the "puppy" toys are NOT safe anymore and you'll want to switch to the tougher black Kongs and Nylabone Durables bones.

Oh, and get a Cuz (they're round squeaky rubber balls with little "feet" on the bottom) - LOTS of fun for all dogs!

alright, figured as much ^_^

I'll definately check for the nylabone and cuz, thanks ^^