Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A new kittie has started to show up for dinner

clm
August 3rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
This one is a little black and white kitten. Looks to be about 3 months old. About the same size Gabby was when she came looking for a home.
Why on earth do people let kittens that size out on their own. :yell: This area is full of strays. Don't people realize how dangerous it is. It's dangerous enough for an adult, but a kitten. :wall: This is the second evening he's come around. Cute as a button. He huddled up beside my big indoor outdoor cat Max and ate his dinner with the best protector he could possibly have. :D
I'll have to keep an eye on this little one to make sure he does have a home. He's skittish, runs off as soon as I go out the door, but he'll come around.
So my cat feeding colony now consists of my big indoor/outdoor big black Max, a grey tabby we affectionately call Big Face (persian head and face on a shorthair body), a long legged black and white I call Boots, a pair of long haired tabby persians I call Mutt and Jeff and a mostly white with grey tabby blotches on it that I've yet to name. Now I think Boots and the White and grey tabby may have homes, and of course my big Max has a home when he wants it, but the rest do not. I really hope this little guy does.

Cindy

14+kitties
August 3rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
I swear people are :loser:s!

Thank you so much for looking after them. We need more like you to pitch in.
You are an :angel: to these poor babies.

allymack
August 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Thats so great of you to be taking care of this little one.

hazelrunpack
August 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Do you think he was let loose by his owners, clm, or born outside and just coming around for food? Poor little guy!

Have you picked out a name for him? If he and Max really hit it off, you may have another house guest. :D

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Oh dear ! :frustrated: always the same people who picks up after the :loser: pet owners :frustrated:

If he ran from you , sounds like he didn't have too much of human interaction ... but I could be wrong....

thanks for looking out for him clm ! :2huggers:

ancientgirl
August 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
*sigh* It just never ends does it. At least this little guy/girl made his way to your home and he can get some food. If he does have a home his owners are idiots. Why even bother to have a kitten if you are going to let it loose into a dangerous world like that?

chico2
August 4th, 2008, 08:37 AM
clm,thank's for what you are doing for these little guys,it's a never ending sad story:cry:
Some people in the town-house complex across the street from me,moved saturday,I have a sick feeling they left their little white kitten behind.
I will definetly grab him if I see him..
I am lucky,don't see any strays around here,it would drive me bonkers:yell:

clm
August 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Have you seen the white kittie Chico2? I guess you'll have a second white kitty if they have eh?
I really hope they weren't that stupid.
As angry as people get about seeing ads from people moving who want to find their cats a new home, the ones that move and leave their animals behind are even worse. I know for a fact that's how Max and Big Face came to me. Gabby I'm not sure, she was only 3 months old at most when she showed up at my house in the dead of winter crying and hungry. Skinny and starved for affection, I don't know if she did belong to anyone in the neighbourhood or not, but the condition she was in and the fact she had no desire to leave my yard was enough to make me decide that if someone did own her, they didn't deserve to have her anyway. She's now a very happy indoor kitty sister to my 2 other girls.
I suspect that's what's happened to that pair of persian tabbies I have got here now too. They're very pretty cats, now that their matted winter coats have finally been shed, but they've been on their own for a while now, and they're pretty wild. People figure that cats are capable of fending for themselves and that's how they justify just leaving them I guess. If they only saw how their kitties look after being left for a while until they get to someone who will care for them. If they only saw how skinny and attention starved some of these poor things are. How happy they are to get a little affection and some food and shelter. I often wonder if these people, once they've moved to their new house. Do they run out and get themselves another kitten.

rainbow
August 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM
As angry as people get about seeing ads from people moving who want to find their cats a new home, the ones that move and leave their animals behind are even worse.

I agree. :sad: :wall:

I often wonder if these people, once they've moved to their new house. Do they run out and get themselves another kitten.

I bet most of them do. :frustrated:

Clm, thanks for looking after all the strays. :angel: I think it's about time for new pics of the kitties again too. :D

chico2
August 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
clm,no I have not seen him and I look day and night,he would most likely be sitting by their door,so I am hoping they took him:pray:
What about the Persian tabbies,what's going to happen to them??
They are not in your house are they???
I know we talked about them before,but my memory draws a blank(happens often:laughing:)

I have no idea why people think cats can survive on their own,I know none of mine would,I just hate the throw-away attitude so many people have regarding catshttp://bestsmileys.com/angry1/25.gif

clm
August 6th, 2008, 11:51 PM
clm,no I have not seen him and I look day and night,he would most likely be sitting by their door,so I am hoping they took him:pray:
What about the Persian tabbies,what's going to happen to them??
They are not in your house are they???
They actually look a lot like Maine Coons. They're looking much better than they did when they first started coming around. These 2 are very very skittish. They won't run now if they're far enough away from the door when I go out. They know what time breakfast and dinner is, so they're out there like the rest waiting. They don't fight with the others and all of the cats recognize Max as the pride leader, so they have a good example. He's tough as nails, but the most gentle loving cat when it comes to people or kids. I can't bring any more cats in the house. My 3 girls and Max along with the 2 dogs is all my poor little house can take, but they'll have shelter and food for as long as they want to stay outside here if they want. I've got Big Face to the point where she'll come up to me when I bring out the food now, and she was as skittish as these 2 when she first started to come around, and she's not a young cat, I'd say quite senior actually, so lots of time and patience and I might just get them to come around. I should be able to get Big Face to the vet this fall if she keeps getting more trusting. I'm going to sit outside with her this weekend for a while and see if I can't get her to let me pet her. I think she's almost there. If Max is around and swarms all over me for affection like he usually does that'll help her relax a bit more too. I really want to get these 3 to the vet for an exam and their shots. Now if Big Face ever got to the point, like Max did where he asked to come into the house and she's had her shots, you bet I'd let her in. I actually think she'd convert to being an indoor kitty, unlike Max, because I think she's an older cat, I wouldn't hesitate to let her come in if she got to the point where that's what she wanted.
I know we talked about them before,but my memory draws a blank(happens often:laughing:)
:laughing:Me too, why is it I can remember things from years ago, but ask me about something that happened 5 minutes ago and I can't. :laughing:
I have no idea why people think cats can survive on their own,I know none of mine would,I just hate the throw-away attitude so many people have regarding catshttp://bestsmileys.com/angry1/25.gif

I don't know why either. I couldn't imagine why anyone would leave a cat behind when they moved. It's a whole different way of thinking that I'll never be able to understand. I'm so happy hubby loves animals as much as I do. He has more houses to build before winter this year. :laughing:

chico2
August 7th, 2008, 07:25 AM
clm,I don't doubt you will do the best you can for these cats:thumbs up
I also could not take in a stray,Rocky would turn in to a killer cat:yell:
But I know if this little white cat is still around,he/she would be highly adoptable,our HS would take good care of him.
My hubby likes animals too,loves our 3 but another cat in the house,no:sad:that does not mean he would not help any animal in trouble.
Oh and by the way,Maine Coons are my absolute favorite cats,big and beautiful and usually they have a very laid back temperament..