Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

P&B Enjoy Sunsets and Puppy Cups!

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 12:07 AM
It was a hot day, but a beautiful evening, so we went to Lake Calhoun for an evening walk and to enjoy the lake and sunset. Also a perfect opportunity to test out their new cooling vests! :)

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Such a beautiful sunset tonight!

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
A few more at the park! :)

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 12:11 AM
And then a special stop on the way home!

Petey licks his lips in anticipation while Belle wastes no time trying to jump out. :)

Puppy cups!!!!!!

YUMMY! :)

We walked about three miles and the vests stayed nice and cool the entire time. Belle was still panting, but their bellies remained cool, so they did help! It was in the low eighties when we were walking. What a beautiful evening!

Pit Bull Love
August 3rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
Awwwww...... what cuties! :D

Luvmypitgirls
August 3rd, 2008, 12:43 AM
I love the puppy cups that's cute! Lucky dogs!

Both of them are very cute too:flirt:

Glad they had such a great time and the cooling vests kept them cool.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Beautiful sunsets to compliment Petey and Belle. :cloud9:

I see you use a coupler....does it work well with them? :)

JanM
August 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
What a gorgeous setting! I'll bet the dogs liked the ice cream the best though:D

FancyAppy
August 3rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Heaven on earth...breathtaking sunset , even in the pics. Must have been even more so in person.
The puppy cups are so neat..what a great idea.
Petey and Belle are so cute. They really look like they are good friends.

14+kitties
August 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Beautiful sunset! Petey and Belle always look so happy. Must be the company they keep. :thumbs up

Pipercats
August 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Beautiful shots .. looks like a great time was had by all.

allymack
August 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
great pictures!

what a beautiful sunset. and what adorable little puppies to go along with the lovely sunset. they sure look liek they enjoyed their puppy cups:cloud9:

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Puppy cups!!!!!!

Now my guys just saw this and are giving me dirty looks , they said these look much better than the small ice cream cones they had for Chloe's b-day. :sad:

No more Petey and Belle pictures for them. :cool:

TeriM
August 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hehe, love the puppy cups pics :cloud9:. Petey and Belle look wonderful and the sunset was beautiful :cloud9:.

Chaser
August 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Wow nice sunset! And what gorgeous dogs...I love their collars :lovestruck:

glasslass
August 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
At first I thought they had life-vests on. But they're for keeping them cool? I haven't seen those before. Sweet puppies!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
August 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
WooooHoooooo! I think I managed to download most of the pics over the protests of my modem! :thumbs up :laughing:

Beautiful sunsets! And Petey and Belle are looking soooooo good!! :thumbs up

Did the cooling vests work, Smiley?

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
Beautiful sunset shots :thumbs up

Belle & Petey seemed to enjoy their vests, good to hear they work :highfive:

I guess judging by Petey's reaction they know what "puppy cups" mean :laughing:

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Beautiful sunsets to compliment Petey and Belle. :cloud9:

I see you use a coupler....does it work well with them? :)

Thanks guys!!!

Rainbow, I love using a coupler with them for "group" outings. :) They walk well on it and it's easier for me to just have to hang onto one leash. The one annoyance is that they do get tangled from time to time though. but overall, I really like using one! :thumbs up

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Now my guys just saw this and are giving me dirty looks , they said these look much better than the small ice cream cones they had for Chloe's b-day. :sad:

No more Petey and Belle pictures for them. :cool:

Oh, Frenchy, I'm so sorry I missed Chloe's b-day!!!! Did you post pics? I tried to look just now, but didn't see any. I'm so sorry about that! The ice cream cones sound adorable!!!!

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
At first I thought they had life-vests on. But they're for keeping them cool? I haven't seen those before. Sweet puppies!:lovestruck:

These (http://www.coolvest4dog.com/) are the cooling vests I got for them. But yes, they are meant to help keep dogs cooler and to help prevent overheating. It covers their vital organs and helps to keep them cooler. This was our first time using them, but I was happy with how they worked! Belle's was a little too big, but even in the heat and humidity, after three hours, the vests were still COLD to the touch and the dog's bellies stayed cool too. Awesome! :)

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
WooooHoooooo! I think I managed to download most of the pics over the protests of my modem! :thumbs up :laughing:

Beautiful sunsets! And Petey and Belle are looking soooooo good!! :thumbs up

Did the cooling vests work, Smiley?

Oh GOOD! I tried not to post as many this time so you could see them, LOL! :)

So far so good with the vests! I got some stares and some chuckles by people around us though. I'm sure they had no idea what they were for. :) Ah well! :) Belle does NOT handle heat well so this is a GREAT thing for her to have especially! If it's over 80 degrees, she can't go more than 5-10 minutes without collapsing on her belly. With the vest, we went for over an hour no problem! :thumbs up

Smiley14
August 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Beautiful sunset shots :thumbs up

Belle & Petey seemed to enjoy their vests, good to hear they work :highfive:

I guess judging by Petey's reaction they know what "puppy cups" mean :laughing:

LOL, oh yes, they love those puppy cups! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
Oh, Frenchy, I'm so sorry I missed Chloe's b-day!!!! Did you post pics? I tried to look just now, but didn't see any. I'm so sorry about that! The ice cream cones sound adorable!!!!

Smiley14 here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54323 & http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54328

Smiley14
August 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Smiley14 here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54323 & http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54328

OH, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris21711
August 4th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Beautiful pics Smiley 14 :thumbs up