Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sadie: Not necessarily your dog

Cactus Flower
July 12th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to tell you a funny story.
But first- an introduction: My name is Sadie. My real name is Sadie. When people ask my name, I always get either one of two comments:

1. "Sadie? I had a dog named Sadie!"
2. "Sadie? I had an aunt named Sadie!"

I've heard it a million times over.
Anyway, I used to be a bartender. One night a customer was being particularly belligerant. He kept asking me REALLY LOUD questions and drawing more attention to me than I wanted. He was trying to embarass me through several courses of crude dialogue. He finally asked my name, and I told him.
"SADIE??", he questioned.
I answered him: "Yes. Sadie. And I know, you either had an aunt or a dog named Sadie". This man was determined to embarass me. He raised his voice even louder and said "NOOO...actually the best sex I ever had was with a 'Sadie' ....". I replied "REALLY? Was it your aunt or the dog?". Everyone laughed and he finally shut UP.

So there it is, just for giggles.

*special wave to Luba and her Sadie*

Luba
July 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Oh thats so funny! I'll think of you when I call my dog HAHA

Sadie was the name of a Cree Indian lady who was a midwife that delivered my mother ;)

You can name a pet of yours after me to get me back lol!

Lucky Rescue
July 12th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Believe it or not, *I* have an aunt named Sadie. :D

Cactus Flower
July 12th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Interesting, Luba.......I am from Canada and have had personal involvements with the Cree....

Cactus Flower
July 12th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I believe it, Lucky.

But you know the "I had an aunt.." or "I had a dog" or even "I had an aunt who had a dog"...references don't bother me. It's when they burst into that song by the Beatles........

Lucky Rescue
July 12th, 2004, 11:12 PM
It's when they burst into that song by the Beatles........

LOL!! I wasn't going to mention ol' Sexy Sadie! :D

TalonsMa
July 21st, 2004, 12:11 PM
Ha ha ha that's cute :)

Catt31
July 21st, 2004, 04:13 PM
OMG, toooo funnyyyyyyy!!!!! YOu must have had to have tons of come backs like that to guys in the bar eh??? Just to shut them up!! MEN!!! :rolleyes:

Luba
July 21st, 2004, 04:33 PM
Which song are we talking about? The Beatles have a 'sadie' song?

melanie
July 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM
oh sadie, i bet taht loser walked out of the bar with his head down, go you good thing.

Luba, the song
one of my favs-a bit goes
sexy sadie
what have you done
youve made a fool of everyone

well i dont think that is to bad, hey claim it is in reference to your genius and brilliant skills for making men look stupid, and alluring appearance. ohhhh i love that song, i love paul mcartney, have since i was a small girl so spunky......for my seventh xmas i got the album 'give my regards to broad street', by paul, i still have it and listen to it occassionally.
and sadie, i have never know a sadie other than the song, the other song 'sadie the cleaning lady', and luba's girl, and of course you. :D :p

Luba
July 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM
Well I gotta find this song now :D thank u

melanie
July 21st, 2004, 05:54 PM
im pretty sure that it is found on the White Album. lovely song very pretty :D