Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Pictures and an update on Kia

Pipercats
August 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I have a few pictures that we took of Kia and the furry mob last night. We brought in fresh catnip from the garden, here is the result.

Also a quick update. As many here saw last week, we adopted Kia from a shelter. She has adapted amazingly well to her new home and feline brothers. In the short span of a week, we have gone from the usual little spats of hissing and growls to - you know .. you guys are ok. She has been nose to nose with all our cats as well as Cleo our puppy with no problem and I expect they will be curled up sleeping together in no time.

As for personality - Kia loves heights - it is common to find her perched up top of the kitchen cupboards keeping an eye on things from on high. She follows us around the house like a puppy and definitely wants to be involved with anything here people do. She loves to cuddle into the crook of your legs when you stretch on the couch for a nap or curl up on the fuzzy blanket. She is a talker and has been giving a lot of silent meow's. She is energetic and flies like greased lightning when she gets rolling with her stuffed mice or fuzzy kitty balls. She loves her canned Evo and Whysong and is sure to let you know that even before that first cup of coffee in the morning that she does want her breakfast. I believe that much of the behavior is typical of the Bengal breed.

Enjoy the new pic's

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Wow, she's already looking pretty relaxed! She's such a beauty! :lovestruck:

Is the other cat in that first pic black and white, or dark gray with a white undercoat? He's got beautiful fur!

Pipercats
August 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks Hazelrunpack

The first cat on the left is black and white - thats Loudmouth. The second is Cabot our Manx. He is a medium grey with some sand colored stripes under his chin. His under coat is light gray almost white. He is a sweet little guy who we also adopted from a shelter about a year ago. Aside from no tail, his hind legs are kinda wonky. When he walks, his hind feet splay out to the sides sort of like Charlie Chaplin. We suspect that when he was inside momma, his back feet were crossed.

Bill

Opps .. If you are refering to the first picture .. that is Fozzy .. he is a smoke color .. Black with a dove gray under coat. He is just gorgeous.

chico2
August 2nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Pipercats,it's amazing how quickly Kia fitted in,usually it takes much longer.
Your cats must be really laidback,beautiful for sure...:lovestruck:

Pipercats
August 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks Chico .. To be sure, our crew is very laid back. It is surprising actually. We had a similar discussion with the guys at Metropet Market where we get our food. Usually the transition bringing a new member to the family takes a fair bit more time. We have had the same reaction from our boys when be brought Cabot home. No issues and within a week or so, they were curled up sleeping together. There are times that I think it is just good karma doing the right thing at the right time giving these babies a new home.

Bill

rainbow
August 3rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
All of your kitties are beautiful :lovestruck: and glad to hear that they get along so well together. :cloud9:

FancyAppy
August 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
all your kitties are precious. I am so glad Kia is settled in well. I love your names..Loudmouth especially.:)

14+kitties
August 3rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Great that she settled so quickly! You are extremely lucky to have such success in introducing new kitties.:thumbs up It doesn't always work so well. :rolleyes:

Pipercats
August 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Fancy and 14+ .. we have been exceptionally fortunate when introducing new kids to the family. We must be doing something right - that or the kids that decide to adopt us are making it easier themselves.

Loudmouth came by his name honestly. When he was a kitten, he would scream for attention, food, whatever .. you would hear him and think - there goes the little loudmouth again. Well the name stuck. Its funny how that happens.

All the best.
Bill and Terri