Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's been a while...

Gail P
August 2nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
My old computer crashed, got a new one up and running now but I'm into my busy season so I haven't been on for quite a while. Anyhow, here's a few pics of Flurry the mud puppy. What a mess but doesn't he look pleased with himself? Luckily, he's just as happy to lay in his pool in the backyard afterwards so the mud washes all off before he comes in the house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0115.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0114.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0113.jpg

Dracko
August 2nd, 2008, 02:18 AM
I can honestly say my dog has never been inclined to play in the mud. :fingerscr Gotta say Flurry looks pleased as punch with himself.

Gail P
August 2nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
I can honestly say my dog has never been inclined to play in the mud. :fingerscr Gotta say Flurry looks pleased as punch with himself.

Very pleased. He's not so much about play as lay in the mud, cooling his tummy. Though he does seem to like to make off with Lightning's frisbee and take it into the mud, often leaving it there covered in mud or sunk to the bottom of the puddle. :evil:

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Hey, welcome back, Gail P.

Flurry looks like he's enjoying himself....you can almost hear his hot belly sizzling softly in the cool mud. :D

Our dogs will play in the mud but it has to be a little drier than that. They don't like water. Thick goo is okay, though. :rolleyes:

So do we get pics of the rest of your gang, too? :o

rainbow
August 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Awwww......cute pics of handsome Flurry. :lovestruck: I love the second pic where he looks totally exhausted getting a drink of muddy water. :D

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
But it's a beauty mud bath ! Smart dog :D

allymack
August 2nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
he sure does look mighty pleased with himself. What a cutie he is too:cloud9:

chico2
August 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
OMG:laughing:but Flurry looks happy as punch:laughing:his beautiful fur all muddy:yell:

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
:laughing: Mud puppy is right :laughing:

:yuck: having a drink :D silly boy :pawprint:

Does he ever roll in the puddles? :D

Gail P
August 5th, 2008, 01:09 AM
The wetter and muddier the better, but no he doesn't roll in it. He just flops down and cools off (and then goes into the chicken coop and lays down in the shavings - Flurry's version of tar and feathering - mud and shavings :rolleyes: ) He loves water though, and has started to occasionally copy Thunder and jump into the horse trough, besides always laying down in his pool and rinsing the mud off. Took 5 of the dogs for a swim today and that was interesting. The spot where I usually go there was a lady with her 2 kids so I drove to the next closest spot I know of and it was deserted. The current is really strong there so the dogs got lots of exercise. I kept throwing sticks in upstream, the dogs would lunge and dive after them and then get washed down past me and fight their way over to the edge and then beg to do it again. The first time Flurry got caught up in the stronger current he looked a bit worried, trying to fight it but then he figured out that he could swim downstream and across and he came bouncing back to me waiting for the next throw. Everybody's sleeping well now. :sleepy:

Chaser
August 5th, 2008, 01:13 AM
LOL...tar and feather - too funny! :laughing:

Flurry is SO adorable :cloud9:

TeriM
August 5th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Love those pics :laughing: :cloud9:,

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Mud & shavings :laughing: I'll bet that makes for some interesting brushings :rolleyes: :laughing:

How do the horses like the added ingredient in their water? :laughing: Ever had one refuse to drink muddy water?

Gail P
August 5th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Mud & shavings :laughing: I'll bet that makes for some interesting brushings :rolleyes: :laughing:

How do the horses like the added ingredient in their water? :laughing: Ever had one refuse to drink muddy water?

I don't brush him. He's smooth coated so the shavings fall off pretty quick and the mud either washes off in his pool or dries and falls off.

He doesn't really add mud to the horses water, he's only been in that a few times. Thunder on the other hand, is in the horse trough on a daily basis. He does track mud in on his feet, but at least he doesn't lay in the mud like Flurry. When he gets out the water looks disgusting, but then it settles with all the dirt at the bottom and nice clear water. Horses don't seem to care.

14+kitties
August 5th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Silly, cute Flurry! :cloud9: What a way to cool down.