Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy gotcha day Bailey !!!!

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
5 years ago , August 1 2003 , was a friday and I was going on vacation. Freshly moved in my first house , had been looking at rescues websites for months to adopt a dog. No breed in peticuliar. Then , on a shelter/pound website , saw a description of a stray red golden who had been found. No pictures ... called the lady , begged her to wait for me (it was morning , I could only leave work at 5 pm and this was a 2 hours drive) I finally came back with Bailey at 10:30 pm that night. Gave him a bath because he was soo dirty ... and fell in love with my first dog (as an adult I mean) , my own dog :cloud9:

I can't believe this was 5 years ago ! The lady at the shelter didn't know anything about him , I just took a chance and took him home. And I'm glad I did , Bailey is such a ham :lovestruck:

So happy gotcha day Bailey , mom loves you very very much :cloud9:

and yes , they will all get special treats tomorrow :D

diandpat
August 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!!! Five years sure flies by.

Frenchy, I am surprised at you, of all people...NO PICTURES?????

You both hit the jackpot...enjoy the day!

luckypenny
August 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!!!

I'm sure Bailey is glad you brought him home too, Frenchy. That must have been the best day of his life! :cloud9: Big hugs for Bailey!

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!!! Five years sure flies by.

Frenchy, I am surprised at you, of all people...NO PICTURES?????

:laughing: I'm at work but just took one I posted in an old pic thread :

aslan
August 1st, 2008, 12:19 PM
Happy Gotcha Day BAiley.....
you've enriched each others lives tenfold.

Love4himies
August 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM
Happy gotcha day, Bailey! Hope mom spoils you with treats when she gets home.:cloud9:

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Oh and , that would make him 10-11 years old this year ..... hard to believe !

14+kitties
August 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!!!
I hope you know how lucky you are! I am sure you do!! :cloud9: Mommy was also a lucky lady when she found you!

Umm Frenchy - Does this mean it's only been five years since you've been crazy? :p

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Umm Frenchy - Does this mean it's only been five years since you've been crazy? :p

I had cats before :p :crazy:

14+kitties
August 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
You got me!! I have had animals of some kind or another my whole life. Guess I can't blame my craziness on them, can I? :rolleyes:
That's ok, we still love you and Bailey was still the luckiest pup in the world five years ago when you walked in that door!! :cloud9:

Chaser
August 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey! :cloud9:

Rottielover
August 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
OK ok, I really have to get my butt there...I have stuff for them :).
so what you doing tonight :)

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
happy gotcha day, Bailey!!

Five years! Wow, that's a long time to make someone happy, Bailey! :cloud9: Good boy, Bailey! :angel:

Frenchy, give that boy a cookie! :dog:

pitgrrl
August 1st, 2008, 02:05 PM
happy gotcha day Bailey!!!!

Now would you please post more pictures of him, the poor guy needs his own photo thread!:rolleyes:

rainbow
August 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Happt Gotcha Day Bailey !!!

Mom better spoil you good today and take lots of pics. :goodvibes:

TeriM
August 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Happy Gotcha Day to Handsome Bailey :lovestruck: Hope you have a great day with no thunderstorms!

clm
August 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Now would you please post more pictures of him, the poor guy needs his own photo thread!:rolleyes:

Yes, Ms Frenchy. *tap, tap, tap* Where are our Bailey pictures!?! :frustrated: I was expecting loads of them by now... :p

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM

I thought the only fluffy dog you liked was Chloe ! :D

Yes, Ms Frenchy. *tap, tap, tap* Where are our Bailey pictures!?! :frustrated: I was expecting loads of them by now... :p

I can't download any pics tonight , tried in the August challenge and it's not working (new wireless keyboard and mouse suck) makes my computer real slow :shrug:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 10:44 PM
I can't download any pics tonight , tried in the August challenge and it's not working (new wireless keyboard and mouse suck) makes my computer real slow :shrug:

Well, that's a bummer. :frustrated: I'll send along some virtual setter spittle to rub on the keys... The Pack is positive that that will help! :dog: Gotta warn you, though--I've been using the same stuff on my phone lines for years now and it doesn't seem to help much :o

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Well, that's a bummer. :frustrated: I'll send along some virtual setter spittle to rub on the keys... The Pack is positive that that will help! :dog: Gotta warn you, though--I've been using the same stuff on my phone lines for years now and it doesn't seem to help much :o

I don't think the drool would help Hazel , to see results , I would need to have the whole pack at my house :shrug: :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 10:51 PM
:D It'd be awfully crowded! No, really!! I'm sparing you the agony of mayhem and chaos by keeping them here. :thumbs up You'll thank me later... :laughing:

aslan
August 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
I don't know hazel i think you should send them to her just so she can see for herself..:D

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
I don't know hazel i think you should send them to her just so she can see for herself..:D

Yesss , that's it , I have to see for myself :D

aslan
August 1st, 2008, 10:54 PM
lol, you owe me one now frenchy.

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
lol, you owe me one now frenchy.

:laughing: let's wait until the pack is actually at my house :D :pray:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 10:58 PM
Well, we've discussed it and if you really think it will help, the Pack is willing to come.

When does the bus arrive?

:p

Frenchy
August 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
When does the bus arrive?

:p

wooohoo ! Take your pic , in which the pack would be more comfy (oh and you can come too !! pawty !)

http://bestsmileys.com/cars/11.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/cars/15.gif

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cars/11.gif

This one, definitely! :thumbs up :D

diandpat
August 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Thank you Frenchy for the picture...he really is a sweety. I think I would have to snuggle him for hours if I met him!

growler~GateKeeper
August 2nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Bailey!! :lovestruck:

Winston
August 2nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah Bailey! Happy Gotcha Day!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/14.gif

TMac
August 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Bailey! You are a beautiful boy. Tell your mom you would like extra cookies and a faster computer to share all your photos. :thumbs up

Pit Bull Love
August 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Awwwwww........ how cool is that!? Congrats to you both!

breeze
August 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry I'm late in wishing you Bailey

Happy gotcha day!!!!!!!!

and Frenchy for giving Bailey a forever home....

hugs and cuddles Bailey..

from me to you :grouphug:

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone ! Unfortunatly , Bailey was a bit constipated this week end we didn't do the ice cream cone treat. But he's feeling better this morning so we will wait a couple of days to make sure , and then they will all have their cones :p

Bailey says thanks for all the wishes and hugs :cloud9:

wdawson
August 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
happy belated gotcha day

Chris21711
August 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
HAPPY BELATED GOTCHA DAY BAILEY :thumbs up

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY TO YOU TOO FRENCHY -since it was your first day of actually having your own dog and what a handsome dog he is. :cloud9: