Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

we can't say no

FancyAppy
July 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM
This horse was sent to slaughter auction and bought by a woman who could not walk away and leave him there. Bless her for that. She has been caring for him for 2 months, trying to put weight on him, treat his shipping fever, have proper farrier work done etc.She was putting her soul into saving this starved horse.
I answered her add about a registered mini horse. We wanted to purchase another as a friend for Nestle as Boo and Lightning have become fast friends. {I wrote about these guys in my thread Linin a rescue mini horse} I felt poor Nestle was being left out.
So I went to look at the mini and saw this horse standing in her field.I asked about him and she shared his sad story. I could see she really loved this horse.He looked so skinny and dull. I can not imagine how bad he had looked when she rescued him.
I could not stop thinking about him.
We have so much grass, we have lots of feed and supplements..we could get him on his feet again...I kept thinking about him.
So I called her I don't want the mini but what about the pinto?.....She named an outrageous price...and ...I paid it and brought him home.
He he is nameless with horrible feet, ..hair and coat in such poor condition that he is bald in spots, barbed wire knotty scarring all over his hind legs,a gimpy front leg and the most beautiful sweet face and tender eyes I have ever seen on a horse. He speaks right to your heart with those eyes.
Bless her for saving him, thank God for putting him in our path so we can complete her work.
I wonder if Nestle will mind if his new friend is 4 feet taller that he is?
Maybe he won't notice.:)

aslan
July 31st, 2008, 08:01 PM
once again your an :angel:. he is beautiful, scars and all. Have you chosen a name. I saw him and the first thing i thought was " Serenity". I don't think Nestle will mind the height difference much.

TeriM
July 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Awww, good story, you have a great heart. He actually looks quite young to me, any idea of his age? How about "Pal" for a name :D.

aslan
July 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
lol how bout tollhouse, then it would be nestle and tollhouse.:D

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Fancy, you have an incredibly beautiful heart and soul. It's people like you that give me hope for human kind.

He's just lovely. Since he doesn't have a name and you wanted him as a friend for Nestle, how about naming him Hershey?:D

14+kitties
July 31st, 2008, 09:12 PM
I see no scars when I look at him. I see a gentle soul who just wants some love. Thank you for giving him that love despite the cost. :cloud9:

Frenchy
July 31st, 2008, 09:21 PM
:cloud9: you are an angel !

He's too cute :lovestruck: just needs tender loving care and has find the right place for that !!

:thankyou:

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM
Thank you all for your comments.This guy really got to me, We had no intention of bringing another full size horse home. We had just sold a nice mare which got us down to 4 large horses which we were happy with.So this whole thing is illogical and did not fit into our plans at all. We adore our mini animals and were allowing ourselves one more mini horse and that was it...no more!No more big horses..hahaha.
God has blessed us with plenty of pastures with enough grass for 20 horses . We work hard and can afford the extras for him but I am alittle upset with myself for following my emotions and not my brain. Not upset that he is here ...I am very happy he is here...but I worry that my love for animals and desire to help the desperate ones will get me in over my head. I have to learn to say no to myself.We are in a good place now but honestly if I did not control myself I would bring something...dog, kitty, farm animal...home every week.I really have to get a leash for myself.
Do any of you ever feel this way? Afraid of yourself?:)
The bottom line is that I can not bear to see them suffer..the starved ones get to me the most...it breaks my heart and I feel like I can not walk away once I have seen it.
So I need to just stay home!:)
Here is the horse with no name settling in yesterday.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:29 AM
Terri...
vet just left and thinks he may be 3 so you are right he is young yet. His hair is dry and brittle and comes out in your hand as you pat him.We are putting him on some high protein feed with digestive additives and a drop of corn oil for good measure.
He hates his vitamin supplement so that will be a challenge to get in him. I have to move him to a different field as Lightning , bless his heart, is chasing him all over the place. He is running off more calories than he can afford trying to escape Lightnings mini horse fury.I have a pic of Lightning chases him.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Asian..thank you so much. I needed your encouragement today..I love your suggestion of a name. He seems very serene, his eyes are telling me ..don't worry I will be ok, stop worrying...I need to take his advice.
Here is Lightning...isn't he looking good?..I can stop worrying about him finally.He is ok.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Ancient..I love that suggestion. Terri suggested Pal, Asian suggested Serenity. I think between all of us we can find a name for this guy.Thank you again for your kind words.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
14 kitties.....what a touching beautiful thing to say about him. Thank you for your post. I needed to hear that.
And thank you for all you do for so many kitties out there. You are an angel.

Love4himies
August 1st, 2008, 07:46 AM
He does look like a very gentle soul that just wants to be loved. He is so beautiful :cloud9:

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Frenchy..thank you so much for your encouragement.This horse has been a throwaway his whole life.
You do so much for the dogs that you foster, adopt and re-home. Thank you for being a part of saving so many lives.
Here he is saying Yuck to his vitamin dressing on his feed...saying" mom I am hungry but not that hungry!"

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Fancy, I think we all share that feeling you have. Yesterday I took Czarina to the vet just to have her teeth looked at, and they had two little kittens in the waiting room needing homes.

I sat there and tried not to look, but the little calico girl was asleep and she looked like this little angel. I told myself no no no, you can't. Then started thinking of ways I might be able to make it work with 7 cats.

When I went into the exam room my vet had mentioned something about them, and I told her not to even suggest my taking them. She looked at me and said if I wanted them she'd be talking me out of it because she knows 5 for me is the limit. She started telling me next time I see kittens to use the logical side of my brain. She said "Your gang is healthy, and look at how much you spend even for just general check ups. Imagine if you had 7 8 9 cats? And what if one got sick? Food, litter, and once you start having so many cats you can't really even enjoy them and you don't give them the attention they need. They start to suffer for it."

She was right. I don't have the room. If I did and if I had more money, I'd probably have a couple more, but right now I'm fine. I have my gang, and I'm able to give them each attention and love.

You have been given a great gift and are able to save these guys. Don't feel like you are the only one who feels guilty because you want to save them all. We're all with you.:grouphug:

badger
August 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Do any of you ever feel this way? Afraid of yourself?

Oh yes, many of us have this impulse. The brain seems to close down and the need to save goes into overdrive. Even though rescue is a beautiful thing, I needed to wake up my brain eight or nine cats ago :laughing::sad:

That said, your new 'child' is beautiful, even in such a pitiful state. We demand endless pictures of his progress.

What, no molasses?

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM
:sorry::offtopic:badger, was it you who added your mothers kitties to your bunch? If so, I hope that's going well.

Sorry, Fancy. Oh hey, so have YOU thought of any names for your new lovely addition?

Chris21711
August 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Here is the horse with no name

I don't know how old you are FancyAppy but in the early 70's there was a song by a group called America, the song was called 'A horse with no name'. Maybe you could call him America.

You are truly an Angel for all the rescue work you do and he is one lucky pinto to have you for a guardian. Kudos to you :grouphug:

jessi76
August 1st, 2008, 09:55 AM
what a gorgeous new addition to your family!!! congrats!

The world could sure use more people like you and your family. :angel:

Rottielover
August 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
He is gorgeous, I love serenity.... If I had the space and the place, and the money, and..and...and...I would end up like you.
Look Roxy was supposed to be just a foster, LOL

Congrats on you 2 saving that poor guy

Dog Dancer
August 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
He's beautiful, bless you for being so weak as to rescue him! You are his earth angel for sure. I like all the names being offered up. Serenity, America, Hershey, they're all great. I'm sure in a couple days a name will pick him. Keep the pics coming.

aslan
August 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
hey fancyappy, there is a very cool website that gives you greek names and their meanings like Spiro= spirit, hmmm i kinda like "spirit"

Akakios=innocent
Chara=happiness,joy
Panos=all holy

lol, i can relate with ignoring that evil side of the brain. no doubt once we make the move that side is gonna be in overdrive.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Ancient..thank you for your insightful and very helpful reply. I will keep this handy to reread as it really is so true. I really appreciate you sharing your vets words .
Thank you for this post.It really was very helpful to me.:):):)

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Oh yes, many of us have this impulse. The brain seems to close down and the need to save goes into overdrive. Even though rescue is a beautiful thing, I needed to wake up my brain eight or nine cats ago :laughing::sad:

Thank you for the smile and insight. Yes we are all big hearted softies. I am relieved to know I am not the only one who can't say no.Pictures? well you know my threads..I always have loads of pics! lol. Here is the new guy with goats and donkeys. I don't think he ever saw them before and was quite mystified by them.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
love4him,jessi,dogdancerRottiloverChris
Thank you all so much for your responses. You really brought my spirts up today. thank you so much.I think we have had some great names offered up here and I said this morning that this poor horse would not go one more day without a name. I really like all the suggestions .
Chris oh yes I remember that song well..America was one of my fav bands,
Really dogdancer I think you are right , the name will pick him.Here are some more pics of him and our other rescue Lightning.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Asian..what a great site..thank you!Spirit is a very fitting name..he has the spirit to survive , the spirit is in his eyes.
Here is a pic of him right after he was delivered. The other owner had him in a show pony pose and it is a hint of what a spirited, beautiful horse he will become.

mollywog
August 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
very beautiful horse and heartwarming story. :cloud9:
Have you narrowed down your list of names yet? my only suggestion for a name is "Nuit" which means Night in French. I once knew a horse with that name, a beautiful quiet horse, and I thought the name suited her quite well. Spirit is a lovely name as well.
Is he saddle broke? Do you plan on using him for riding?

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM
He's gorgeous now, but when he puts on a few pounds he's going to be REALLY gorgeous!

I like Spirit too.

FancyAppy
August 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Molly. Thank you for the suggestion. Nuit is a truly beautiful name.
He is not broke to ride. He is only about 12 hands tall which is technically a pony. But he is a paint/saddlebred cross so he should have been very tall.
. Because of chronic malnutrition his growth was stunted. he will never reach his parents size so will always be a pony.
He appears gaited and I am only 5 feet tall so I think if he looks and feels good next spring I will train him for me to ride. My riding horse Auggie whom I love dearly is such a bumpy ride . This little guy just glides when he moves.It is quite pretty.So if I stay short...hahaha..I should be a perfect fit for him.

chico2
August 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Fancy Apps,Serenity,Spirit or whatever it will be(love Serenity),his story brought me to tears,even the thought of all those others at the slaughter-auction.
But this beautiful young boy was very lucky,first with the lady who rescued him secondly coming to your animal-haven.
We will all love to see him as he recovers from his ordeal,so please don't forget lots of pics(of the others too).
Love you for being such a wonderful person,thank you:grouphug:

Chaser
August 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
This lucky boy looks like her is settling in very well and making new friends :lovestruck: I like "Spirit" a lot.

SolaMio
August 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
He is beautiful, FancyAppy.. And your comment about him being a throwaway his whole life almost made me tear up. What beautiful colouring. I would like to someday, far away have a horse (as in, when I retire).

rainbow
August 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
in the early 70's there was a song by a group called America, the song was called 'A horse with no name'.

LOL....when Fancy Appy first said he was a horse with no name that song has been playing in my head. :D

Fancy Appy, as others have said "once again you are an angel". :angel: He is beautiful and will thrive with your care. :cloud9: I also like the name Spirit for him. :lovestruck:

And, I just have to add, what an amazing difference you have made to Lightening from the day he first came to you. :thumbs up He is gorgeous. :lovestruck:

FancyAppy
August 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Chico, thank you for your kind response. Everyone here really lifted my spirits with the replies you all left. I was feeling like a crazy person, buying an overpriced ,untrained, lame horse out of a strangers field. I was starting to think I had a mental problem..but now I see I am not alone with my impulse to bring home the forgotten, unwanted, hungry and sick. It is called compassion and it is lined with love. So none of us are crazy here...just crazy animal lovers! hahaha!!Thanks again for your kind words.I appreciate it so much.
Here are some more pics of our furry family.

FancyAppy
August 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
SolaMio ...I see a horse in your future. When you retire and you will love having horses...notice I said horses not horse...hahaha.
Chase_Mom
We decided that the name that picked our new horse is "Spirit".Spirit captures his essence, not that he is spirited and wild but more of a serene spirit that shows in his old soul eyes.He has suffered and still his spirit shines on. It is perfect. All the suggestions are great but Spirit seems right for him. What do you think?
Here are some pics of Spirit with our elderly horse Espree. Espree has taken Spirit under his wing and Spirit feels safe at last. Lightning was tormenting him to no end. So now he and Espree are in their own field and Spirit can finally relax.
See the size difference...Spirit is a horse but he is very petite all over from never eating enough. He is built like a deer. I really think he will fill out and be very handsome .
I am glad he is here...

ancientgirl
August 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Aww, Espree is such a great big brother. I'm glad he is helping Spirit along. That name is lovely and it does suit him. I know he is happy knowing he's safe and loved.

FancyAppy
August 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Rainbow...me too...I have to find an America CD now so I can listen to the song .Thank you so much Rainbow for your comments. You are an :angel: also for all you do for our furry friends.
TY for noticing how Lightning has improved. It only took 9 weeks to get him pretty much back to normal. Boy can that guy run...and eat...and poop! hahaha
..and what a character.he is a little lover, a puppy-horse. He has brought me so much joy...Boy do I love this horse.I could not even get mad at him for tormenting Spirit, he was just "protecting" boo and defending his kingdom...afterall he is king of his pasture:)
here he is being cute.

chico2
August 2nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Fancy,Lightning is beautiful,you've done a great job with him and Spirit bonding with Espree,is just wonderful.
I just love stories like yours and you are not crazy,you are compassionate and loving,helping those who cannot help themselves:thumbs up

FancyAppy
August 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Chico...Lightning is so much better. He progressed so quickly. The vet was so pleased last week. Now that his strength is back, his true personality is emerging..he is an attention hog, wants loved on all the time...even butts the goats out of the way if I am petting them and not him.He has learned how to unlatch his pasture gate so we had to bungee cord it close. We came home from the movies last week and here was this little white fireball running down the driveway to greet us. He , of course had let everyone else out too..so all my new landscaping???????goat-snack.
Thank you again for your encouragement and kind words.

FancyAppy
August 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
Here is Spirit this morning eating a carrot...I can't wait till he puts on some weight...he likes to eat though. He hardly pulls his head up out of the grass to take a breath.
Eat all you want Spirit..you don't have to worry about ever being hungry again, dear one.

14+kitties
August 3rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Fancy, I am quite sure in your loving hands Spirit the name will live up to the spirit in his eyes. He is such a beautiful boy.
All of your pets are well loved and you can tell. Keep up the great work! And no crazies there at all. :thumbs up

aslan
August 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Wow, when i mentioned the name spirit, i meant it pretty much the way you are using it, no matter what the poor soul kept plugging along, not losing hope, being gentle, etc. Now he's found the perfect furever home, with a name that shows what a kind spirit he is.

allymack
August 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
. The other owner had him in a show pony pose and it is a hint of what a spirited, beautiful horse he will become.

I was going to say is he naturally standing like that? cause if so amaing pony right there, but then you htink..what pony normally stands liek that. What a beautiful boy he is! :cloud9:

I have to agree with Aslan! Spirit is such a great name an dit really looks like it suits him. You are such an angel for taking all of these animals!!

He looks like he will be a great saddle horse!

rainbow
August 3rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Lightening has sure come a long way since first arriving at your home :thumbs up ....what an amazing difference in him :cloud9: and he sounds like quite the character. :D

I'm glad you chose the name Spirit as it really suits him to a tee as he is beautiful both inside and out. :lovestruck: I'm looking forward to seeing pics of his progress as he thrives under your care. :goodvibes:

rainbow
August 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask.....since Espree and Spirit have bonded does this mean that Nestle is still going to need a buddy? :fingerscr :goodvibes: :D

chico2
August 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
I am such a sentimental old fool,just looking at Spirit makes me cry,but they are happy tears,happy this gentle beautiful horse was saved from the slaughterhouse.
Nothing but love now,love all the food he can eat and a wonderful life.
OMG,I am getting all mushy:shrug:

I would have loved to come home to Lightning greeting me and the goats having a party in my garden:laughing:
Luckily they did not run away,they know a good thing when they have it:thumbs up

amaya
August 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hi FancyAppy,

What a wonderful thing you have done. He is beautiful!

I know what you mean about the just one more. My donkeys arrive thursday (yippee!!!) and no matter how much I tell myself, that's it, must stop there, at least for now, I have a wandering eye, catching sight of all the needy, suffering masses. I know I always will. Luckily my partner keeps me grounded on this issue, as he knows it's sometimes hard for me to keep boundaries if I just go with my heart alone.

We don't take them all in, because it's impossible. Yet when the sky does open and suddenly there seems to be room in our universe where there seemed to be none, I believe it must be because it's right and they are meant to be with you.

Lucky Spirit! You heard him call.

krdahmer
August 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM
It is so wonderful that he was put in your path... he's in the best possible place! He's gorgeous too, I love his dark tail and legs. :lovestruck: (Oh and along the Nestle/Hershey line of names... I like York... for his colouring and well it just seems like a good horse name, sort of strong.)

And I agree I think most of us here feel that we should be reigning ourselves in... but then you just can't walk away sometimes knowing that if you don't take just one more that that one may be the one no one else will help and I know it tortures me to think of what will happen to them. Like Chico said, when you mentioned that there was an entire slaughter auction... well lets just say there were tears for the others..:sad:..plenty of them. I really want to foster again, but I have to keep reminding myself that we are barely staying afloat here as it is, and that I don't have proper space. And even then some days I can talk myself into it regardless of all that.:o

I am so filled with joy that there are so many people on here who are able to help so many! It's my goal to be able to do the same!

I hope he keeps getting better and better! :goodvibes:

Ford Girl
August 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Awww, I just saw this post, what a wonderful story, you are truely an angel. :angel: And these beautiful creatures have a fighting chance now that they are in your pastures. :cloud9: It looks like a wonderful place where they can be free to be themselves without worry.

I cant think of a better place for these guys then with you and your other animals. Spirit is a fabulous name - it was meant to be.

PS - I love those silly goats of yours. :lovestruck: Cracks me up everytime I see them!

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 02:07 AM
FancyAppy thank you for all you've done & continue to do for Spirit :grouphug: :thumbs up

I've noticed in some of the pics his back looks properly aligned (withers & rump of near the same height) but in others his withers are much higher than his rump - where his back looks noticably slanted down toward the rump ~ is that just the angle of the pics?

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Ancient..Espree is a very good foster parent. He is an old horse with a very gentle soul. He is taking very good care of our little guy. Espree has been with us 10 years. We boarded him along with Auggie before we bought our farm.We adopted him knowink he needs long term medical care. He has been a wonderful horse and with the care of a good vet he has thrived over the years. He is really a very sweet old man and he seems to have taken a liking to our boy Spirit.

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 05:10 AM
14 kitties, asian,chico.fordgirl,krdahmer
Thank you all so much.
I worry about all my little creatures..I loose alot of sleep ..When we bought the farm it was not our intention to adopt/rescue but that is what evolved.
As we shopped for horses to bring to our farm to ride ,we accidently came across so many animals in need. Just like Spirit who was standing in a field when I went to see the mini.
It is chance I suppose but we saw so much suffering we ended up many a time bringing goats/horses home because we could not leave them where they were, So our focus is so different now than when we first came here. We wanted trails and fancy indoor riding arenas. Now we want a small efficient recovery/medical type building with rehabilitation features , safe farrier and vet areas, etc....and as far as riding and training horses...well that is all in the past .we found our whole focus for the farm has changed ...so have we . And we are really ok with all of it.
Animals have changed all our lives..Is it a curse or blessing that we all love our furries so much?
I hear you all laughing and saying "it is both!" :):):)

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Asian..I thought all the names suggested were fantastic and very fitting in each way but as soon as you mentioned Spirit I knew that was right. It seemed to fit him perfectly and it fit me too.
I feel these animals have awakened my own spirit, long dormant . Career, responsibilities, etc all chip away at our spirits a bit but our pets have such restorative powers and fill our spirits back up. Boy I bet that made no sense at all. LOL.
"Spirit" is perfect and I am glad you suggested it.

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 05:41 AM
alleymack,growler
Thank you for your encouraging replys.

Alley the lady who rescued him was going to train him as a show pony next year and hopefully sell him to a show family...she had big plans for him which influenced the high price I had to pay for him to get him out of her field. So when she brought him over to us she put him in alot of poses to show me his potential.
But honestly all I care about is getting him fat and healthy. He is such a wreck , I can't see a show pony,....I see a sad ,tired , bony little horse in need of a rest from everything.He never has to be anything...just be happy, thats all.

Growler..you have a great eye. He is very high withered . He is so emaciated and has lost so much muscle form in his hind quarters that it makes his high withers look even more pronounced. I feel when he fills out he will look more balanced but will never have "good" confirmation, but I don't think he will look as terribly off balance as he does now...I think even a month of good eating will give him some more hip to make him not look so slanted.
He is such a good boy growler..he really has my heart..stole it the minute I saw him.:):)

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Amaya..ty so much.
You will love your donkeys. our adopted pair are a riot. ornery, wicked little terrors that are so affectionate..You must start a thread here and share lots of pics when you bring them home.
Here are my two snooping around in our yard.

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Chico..What a nice reply.TY!
We , animal lovers, are all sentimental old fools, I think. thank goodness for that!:)
Yes , it really warms our hearts to see this big furry family when we come home at nite. Everything, the stress of the day, just melts away.There is a certain peacefulness and serenity that comes with being with our furries. It really does make me very sentimental and emotional. more than I have ever been.
Maybe it is poop fumes rotting my brain, but then again, maybe my heart is happiest here.
Here is the greatest source of my "sentimental old foolism", my pride and joy,..my bad, bad goats

FancyAppy
August 6th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Oh, I forgot to ask.....since Espree and Spirit have bonded does this mean that Nestle is still going to need a buddy? :fingerscr :goodvibes: :D

LOL haha..of course he does!..hubby says no more but he has given up on me controlling myself but he says it anyway..it makes him feel better. Here is poor lonely :) Nestle..still in need of a buddy.:) and Boo and lightning who are glued to each other all the time,...see Nestle really does need a buddy doesn't he?....
Repeat after me....no he does not, no he does not.....do not bring anyone else home...repeat after me..........

chico2
August 6th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Fancy,of course Nestle needs a buddy,everyone else has buddies:thumbs up
I so love to look at your pics,to me you live a dream come true as do any of your fortunate animals.
Able to rescue needy goats,horses,donkeys and keep them on your farm ,what else could you possibly want..
Until watching Animal-Planet and coming on this Forum,I never had any idea there were farm-animals needing rescue,the same as cats/dogs.

Love4himies
August 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, I think Nestle needs a buddy, everybody else seems to be paired off. And hey, what's one more?

I love the picture of Spirit and Espree with their legs up at the same time, was Spirit imitating Espree?

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Your posts bring both a smile to my face and tears in my eyes. To see these wonderful animals having such a great life when they've begun so badly.

And you and your hubby are angels. To have changed your direction to one of caring for the needs of these animals and others is the mark of an inspiring soul.

rainbow
August 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, Nestle needs a buddy and I have no doubt that he will have one soon. :goodvibes: You won't have to go out looking as I think that whoever it will turn out to be will find you. :cloud9:

I love looking at all your pictures. :lovestruck: I go back and look at them over and over again and daydream about how I would love to live your life. :cloud9: And the goats always bring a smile to my face with their adorable comical expressions. :D

krdahmer
August 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Maybe it is poop fumes rotting my brain
:laugh: Oh well that would explain a lot for all of us then.... lol! :laughing:

Until watching Animal-Planet and coming on this Forum,I never had any idea there were farm-animals needing rescue,the same as cats/dogs.

Me neither!! And now that I do, hubby is having less and less trouble talking me into moving to the country! (although I don't think he'll be happy with why I am caving! :rolleyes:)

chico2
August 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah Dahmer,that's why hubby gave up on the idea of moving to the country,it would just be too expensive,oh and I would have to have a couple of Donkeys,a couple of goats..etc,etc,plus all the wildlife,feral cats....OMG
Also,we are unfortunately too old now:wall:

You know,I too get all teary eyed looking at all of Fancys animals,they are just so darn lucky to have found :angel2:to love and care for them.

growler~GateKeeper
August 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM
He is such a good boy growler..he really has my heart..stole it the minute I saw him.:):)

It's not hard to see why :lovestruck: he's so sweet & love the markings :lovestruck: