Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czarina's vet visit.

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 08:47 PM
Well, I took my new girl to the vet because I wanted to have her mouth looked at. She's got really really nasty breath. I mean the others have tuna breath, but it's not as bad as Czari's.

The vet said she's got a bit of tarter and a little irritation on her gums. So she put some enzyme gel and gave me something called Biotene. It's this odorless liquid you put in the water and it keeps them from getting tarter buildup and any other kind of mouth issues. It's supposed to take the place of brushing teeth.

I'm to take her back in about 3-6 months to get a cleaning. It's no hurry so I've got time to save some money. I'm going to give them all the Biotene in the meantime.

In other news, I went to Burger King and I had a VEGGIE BURGER!!! AAAHHHH!!!!http://www.mundogasol.com/foro/banana.gif

I thought it was very good and it didn't taste like the usual veggie burgers I've had. I think it's because of the condiments and usual fixings. So now I an have the illusion of a whopper and not feel guilty. Wooohooooo!

TeriM
July 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Great, now I want a Whopper :frustrated: :D.

Glad Czarina is doing well :thumbs up.

Jim Hall
July 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM
was she good at the vets or did she put up a fight?

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Sorry Teri :D

Jim, Czarina is actually better, so far, than the others when she goes to the vet. She doesn't put up a fight or anything. The vet picked her up and even cradled her in her arms. Now I'm thinking she allowed this because she was a little scared, but still the the others do their best to get away from anybody that touches them when I take them.

The only time she hissed is when the vet tried looking in her mouth. But she was okay after and let her slather that enzyme gel in her mouth.

TeriM
July 31st, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hehe, my psycho tortie :lovestruck: is like that to. When she is at the vet she is terrified and they can do anything at all to her without complaint. She seems to save her wacky nastiness for her best loved persons at home :rolleyes:.

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM
OMG yes, that's exactly how it is!:laughing:

Jim Hall
July 31st, 2008, 10:04 PM
smart cat figures well the stranger may bite back but the suckers at home never will

14+kitties
July 31st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Good girl Czarina!! You made your momma proud!!! Hope you got extra treats tonight. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Oh yes, she's the first one in line for treats :D

I had also asked the vet about the amount of food I was giving them. I told her the measurements and then said I give them each about 8-10 treats nightly and she said that between the food and treats she thinks they are getting enough. Especially if their weight's are steady.

krdahmer
August 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Aw glad to hear Czarina'a visit went well! I actually have the gel stuff for Buddy's teeth to put on here at home, because even after the dental cleaning and extraction he still had red gums. So I put it on a couple times a week. Never heard of the one you put in the water. (course my little picky pants won't drink water unless it's been thoroughly brita'd! :rolleyes::laughing:)

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM
This stuff comes in a gel too, I think that's what the vet put on her. I could get the gel on the others with little problem, but no way I'm going to try that with miss hissypants.:laughing: