Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for Miniature Pinscher Pup CKC. Help please. :(

gotloveforall
July 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Kk. I understand now. After reading all of your posts thoroughly and researcing albeit more I get that the benefits outweigh all else.

So, can someone point to a few Min Pin CKC breeders in the GTA or surroundings?
Can't seem to find many online.
Any database I can find online?

I appreciate all the responses so far! :-D :D

Hello everyone. This being my first post, let me introduce myself.
I love having pets. Over the past few years though, I was unable to keep anything large due to school, work and other activities. Life has finally slowed down now that I'm out of college and have finally gotten to working from home.

I have had many pets throughout my life. From Fish to Dogs and Cats.
I just recently downsized my 500gallons worth of aquariums.
Setting up a custom built portion of my room into space for a Chameleon. Should be done by next summer.

Thats what I think is the problem with me, if it is a problem at all. I'd like to keep many pets at once. But I have done this before, with no problems whatsoever. Only the upkeep time was tremendous. Just the water changes alone on the aquariums was about 4 hours weekly.

Still, I have decided to go back to my old ways now that I have nothing to worry about since I'll be home nearly 24/7.

What I am in need of you folks is this. Helping me find a CKC Miniature Pinscher pup, female, that comes WITHOUT a non-breeding contract.
Reason being I want a pup from a reputable breeder who is CKC registered.
I also do not want to spay the dog. Please bear in mind, I have no intention of breeding her. I just find that spaying or neutering animals is cruel. I just can't bear to see her look at me for the rest of my life is any way different.
Yeah, I'm weird that way. :crazy:

So can someone please point me to anyone who will sell me a CKC reg'd female pup comes with no contract?
I live in Brampton, Ontario but will travel really, really far to get this pup for myself. As far as Buffalo or equivalent if need be. :)

Looking for a Black & Rust female.

Below is the ad I have posted on numerous classifieds sites for a few months now.

Hi. I have a lot of time now that I am working from home.
I had a Miniature Pinscher when I was a child but sadly had to give her away when we moved.

I am looking for a CKC reg'd female pup. Black and Tan.
Only one that can be registered to breed. I have no intention to breed her whatsoever. I just find it cruel to have pets spayed or neutered.
I am willing to pay more for her to come not spayed.

Sure, I can find regular Pinscher female pups, but I have seen over the years many of my friends purchase many dogs for pets off of uncertified breeders and face many health problems.
This is why I would much prefer to purchase a CKC certified female pup that comes with breeding papers..
I am in no hurry to find a puppy. I am willing to wait for months if necessary.

Please contact me through email. You may leave a contact number if you'd prefer.
Thank you for you time.

gotloveforall@gmail.com

mafiaprincess
July 31st, 2008, 07:32 PM
I would suggest getting dogs in canada, calling breeders and trying to create a friendship. They will likely want to co-own the pup if any agree due to the lack of spaying to protect their lines if they agree at all.

Personally if I was a breeder and had come across your ad, I'd run. No matter how well worded it is.. that's not how you go about locating a well bred pup... and it may turn breeders off.

The reason you have for not spaying may not go over well either. I agree that newer studies find the benefits and risks more even now than ever. So some people are choosing not to. 'Cruelty' may not go over well.

MIA
July 31st, 2008, 09:10 PM
I don't quite understand what is cruel about spaying considering what other issues can arise by not spaying if you are not intending to breed or show. I just had a rescue that was 8 years old not spayed and if I didn't spay her she would have died from pyrometra within a few months, which a dog gets from not being spayed.

I strongly suggest doing some research about spaying and the benefits of health for the dog and talk to your vet about why people do spay as it's not just for population control.

Purpledomino
July 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have to agree with the responses that you have here. Spaying your dog is far from cruel, and I would like to know why you feel it is. Subjecting your girl to the very real possibility of mammary cancer and pyrometra would be much more devastating to her than a spay operation. Enduring heat cycles is not going to be pleasant for your dog or you either. You will be limited in that you will always have to be careful about male dogs. All of my dogs are altered, and NONE "look" at me any differently. My youngest Minpin was neutered two days ago...and you wouldn't know it, and he certainly doesn't associate his short hospital stay with anything I did to him.

I also agree that you are going to have a more than difficult time finding a RESPONSIBLE CKC breeder that will let you have one of their puppies without a non-breeding contract. This contract is in place to ensure that the integrity of the breed is upheld, and the animal is not bred irresponsibly. Usually purebreds lacking some confirmational requirements for showing or breeding are sold as pet quality, and they must ensure they are not promoting faults by breeding them.

I think you would be wise to do some more research on this, and in my opinion (and I'm sure many others) you will have a healthier and happier dog if you spay her. :thumbs up

the gang
July 31st, 2008, 11:22 PM
i would just like to tell you!!!! i have 5 min pins yup you heard right 5, and they all all---- rescues, which some people did not want, so i now have them , the last one was only 3 months and dumped , and yes every one has been fixed, see i work with a couple of rescue groups, and there are far to many animals dumped, min pins are a differant breed, you must ----- do your homework on them, we just got another one in rescue 1 week ago, and i will prob. be taking that one too, as far as not fixing your pet, i think that is hamful to your pet as a owner!!!! on that note think hard, good luck brenda and the pins

gotloveforall
August 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Kk. I understand now. After reading all of your posts thoroughly and researcing albeit more I get that the benefits outweigh all else.

So, can someone point to a few Min Pin CKC breeders in the GTA or surroundings?
Can't seem to find many online.
Any database I can find online?

I appreciate all the responses so far! :-D :D

pitgrrl
August 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
The thing is, many ethical breeders don't advertise on line. If I were looking for a pup from a breeder, I'd start going to events, like conformation shows or sporting competitions (do Min Pins do that kind of thing? I really don't know :laughing:) and start meeting breeders.

Then you can get a feel of the type of dogs people are producing, what kind of breeding practices they have, etc. and they can get to know you. It's not like buying a car after all, so some personal investment of time is likely going to be necessary to find what you're looking for.

allymack
August 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM

Does this mean your going to spay her?? if you are good on ya !:thumbs up it really will prevent her from getting many harmful illness's.

They way i found my breeder wad i wenton good and looked up Registered dog breeders in Nova Scotia. This way oyu know for sure they are registered, but i still feel very strongly that oyu hsould go check them before you consider buying a pup from them.

mafiaprincess
August 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Canadian Min Pin Club
http://www.cdn-miniaturepinscherclub.com/

Members in Ontario
http://www.cdn-miniaturepinscherclub.com/members.html

Conformation Shows in Ontario
http://ontario.canuckdogs.com/shows.htm

Leadbelly
August 25th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I bought Cholita a CKC registered female Miniature Pinscher from a breeder in Brantford, Ontario. She came, CKC registered, tail done, dewclaws removed, microchip-ed and her first set of shots. And there was also no non-breeding contract to deal with. ( Although at five and a half months I did have her spay, for her well being )

Below you will find a few pics of Cholita, to give you an idea of what the breeder has been working on for the last fifteen years. She is seven months old, weighs about seven and a half pounds and is between ten and eleven inches high. Cholita is very fine boned and all legs.

BenMax
August 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
My Min Pin is a rescue! She was sterilized, vaccinated and heart worm tested before adoption.

Brenda and the 'gang' are right - they are very different than any breed I know.

Rescue min pins are just as good as any. I would recommend this route any day.

Love4himies
August 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I agree with BenMax, rescued animals can be the most loving and loyal pets.;)

I would think it would be very difficult to find a rep breeder that doesn't have a no breeding contract. They don't want their pups to end up in puppy mills.

Leadbelly
August 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
There is no dog cat or any other animal that is not a rescued, be you buy it from a pup or you take some other person's problems for nothing. I figure I have about $2000 invested in Cholita, and it was worth every dime.

I have spent hours training her as I got her a day before she was eight weeks old. min pins are like no other dog with minds of there own and it takes twice the time to train one to be a great dog then any other breed I have ever owned.

But in the end you will have a dog like no other, in a group of 20 dogs Cholita is always the star, know matter the breed. She is pretty, sleek, smart and has a personalty to match. There is no trick and then some one could ask of a dog, she can not do with ease.

min pins are not for everyone, you get what you put into them. One should read up and get to know as much as they can before getting one.

Bill

BenMax
August 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
A rescue to me (puppy or not) is any dog that is dire need to be rehomed that is either with a rescue organization, shelter, pound etc. Always up for debate I guess.

I have had success training this girl. At first she was mistrusting and shy, not clean in the house, not socialized. I have another dog that is well balanced and he helped me tremendously with getting her out of her shell. After only a very short time, she is now trained sit, lie down, stay come and drop it. She is also leash trained and walks perfectly at my side. She is clean in the house however picked up on chewing a little (minor).

To my surprise I found her very easy to train - as I never usually work with small dogs. I thought it would be far more challenging.

So regardless of breed I suppose - there are exceptions to the 'rules'.

I found her to be such a great little treasure with a big personality. I would not change a thing.