Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 year old cat with odd reaction

Tiwilliger
July 31st, 2008, 07:34 AM
Hi there, this is a question about my 3 year old indoor cat Tiwilliger.
Last night Tiwilliger was standing on his 4 paws on a chair I was about to sit on, I lightly tapped his bum region to nudge him off the chair and a very small amount of feces sqirted onto my leg :eek: (sorry for the visual). He seemed fine and went on his way and I did not find any diarrhea or anything like that in his litter. This has happened maybe twice in the past when he was a tiny kitten and maybe when he was 2 years. Any ideas as to what this could be?
Thanks so much!:cat:

Winston
July 31st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Welcome....has he had any issues with anal glands? can you see any redness in the bum area?

Cindy

Tiwilliger
July 31st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome :)

No issue with glands no, and no redness on the bum either.

badger
July 31st, 2008, 07:57 AM
Could be a one-off, I guess, you startled him and :eek:. Does he live inside, exclusively? If not, and it happens again, maybe you could have his stool checked for parasites. That's the only thing I can think of, other than anal problems. Be on the lookout for other behaviours - constipation, scooting his bum, excessive licking.
I think you just scared the bejeesus out of him :laughing:

Tiwilliger
July 31st, 2008, 10:16 AM
He's exclusively an indoor cat, yes. Well I hope I did just scare him!:laughing: I guess I'll just keep an eye on things for now!!

krdahmer
July 31st, 2008, 11:28 AM
That happens every couple of months with Palomine, it's not poop per se... more of a putrid smelling liquid with chunks in it. :yuck::yuck: He only seems to do this if we touch him like you said around his bum to nudge him off something... unfortunately here usually it's us and it gets on us! But also like you, there seem to be no anal gland problems, scooting or pooping issues... so we figure it's a 'stay away from my knickers' warning of sorts. :shrug::laughing: And man it works....

14+kitties
July 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM
That happens every couple of months with Palomine, it's not poop per se... more of a putrid smelling liquid with chunks in it. :yuck::yuck: He only seems to do this if we touch him like you said around his bum to nudge him off something... unfortunately here usually it's us and it gets on us! But also like you, there seem to be no anal gland problems, scooting or pooping issues... so we figure it's a 'stay away from my knickers' warning of sorts. :shrug::laughing: And man it works....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for THAT visual! :thumbs up

Tiwilliger
July 31st, 2008, 01:08 PM
Good to know it happens to others atleast!
I'll let Tiwilliger know, he won't be so embarassed that he pooed on me :cat: