Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think they're trying to kill me.

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Okay not really, but twice now it's happened to me. I'll be asleep and one of my crazy kitties either jumps on my face or whacks me!

A couple of weeks ago, either Maks or Kiska, it's hard to tell them apart in the dark, charged at my neck and woke me up. Okay, no problem.

Now, last night I wake up because Vlad thumped me in the face. I think he hit my eye too because it feels all funky. I look at him and he's like nothing happened. WTH?

He slept like a log next to me most of the night, then he wakes me up with a thwack? :frustrated:

Oy, somebody is not getting treats tonight.

Frenchy
July 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I remember reading cat and dog diaries ... cat trying to kill his owners/kidnappers :rolleyes: by walking in front of them hoping to make them fall , well , both mine do that !!! :eek:

Maybe they like your smell too much ? :laughing:

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
LOL, I read that too. As it is I have to walk down the stairs very carefully. I wake up some nights and Vlad or Oksana is just sitting there...staring at me. At least Oksana purrs, Vlad just sits there...and stares. :laughing:

Dracko
July 30th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I had to move my bed to another place cuz the cats kept jumping off the window ledge above the bed ON TO ME! :eek:

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
:laughing: Dracko, Maks has already figured out he can jump from the dresser to my bed with nooooooo problem. As a matter of fact he did so a few nights ago.:eek: Scared the bejeezus out of me.

Love4himies
July 30th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Ouch, Vlad jumping on your face. He probably doesn't realize he has grown since he's been 6 weeks old :laughing:

cpietra16
July 30th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Do you snore? maybe you woke him up, and he wanted to wake you up with a little nudge..the onlytype of nudge a cat knows????

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
L4H, LOL, no he most certainly is not 6 weeks old.

cpietra16, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thinks I was choking LOL, and he was trying to snap me out of me.

Love4himies
July 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
cpietra16, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thinks I was choking LOL, and he was trying to snap me out of me.

:laughing::laughing: he's a hero.

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
:laughing::laughing: he's a hero.

And here I am thinking he's trying to kill me.:cat:

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, AG, give the poor boy a little appreciation for coming to your aid! :laughing:

Here, we have to worry more about smothering than percussive blows... :rolleyes:

Lise
July 31st, 2008, 12:53 PM
One of our cats broke my nose.Actually I tripped over her in the dark and fell face first into a wall.Lots of fun explaining two black eyes and broken nose to my freinds and work.

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 01:50 PM
OH no! It's hard sometimes getting them out from under your feet. I almost fell on my butt last night because Maks kept telling me "Hurry up mom, I'm hungry!"

Jim Hall
July 31st, 2008, 02:47 PM
lol stepping on cats tails at 0 dark thirty in the am is always a wake up call too manda likes sleeping right in the bathroom doorway good god is that a loud scream!!!

cpietra16
July 31st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ancientgirl,..I was kidding....I think its just a random act of "I Love You" and it just happens to be when you're asleep...cats have a bad sense of timing...or..they do most of thier hunting at night and you may just be too much of a good morsel not to try....trust me when they are older you'll look back and laugh and missing these precious moments...:D

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 03:16 PM
It's funny you mention sense of timing. You know, Vlad rarely purrs. The few times I've heard him purr, other than when he was a itty bitty kitty, is when I wake up in the middle of the night. Not long ago I woke up to find him licking my hair and purring.:cloud9:

I moan and groan about their antics, but there are moments when I just laugh and think to myself, "enjoy this time." One day, many many many years in the future, I will wish they were still with me to do these things.

Jim Hall
July 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
as i said on another post i would give a lot to have DU wake me up by licking me any time

ancientgirl
July 31st, 2008, 07:34 PM
Aww, Jim, it'll happen one day when you least expect it.