Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Baby Is Pooping Blood

MommaKittyTo3
July 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi there,

my youngest cat Tonka is 2yrs old and we have had him since he was 4 months old, ever since we got him his stools are very soft and always coated in blood plus when he is done & gets out of the litter box a glob the size of a quarter is on the floor from when he jumped out. I have had him into 2 vets, first vet said he was healthy, fine & had a slight heart murmur, the second vet said he had undigested food & other particles in his stools. Tonka is I swear part dog he eats anything he loves to chew on boxes, kids toys, rubber and alot more, I am just tired of having the runaround from a vet and I cant afford anymore money I have already forked out over $500 on him just for the vet to say he is healthy. They want to do an internal exam but I cannot afford that, that is alot of money. Within the last year his eyes have changed to be like almost cross-side looking, he does tricks, but does not listen at all lately, Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why 2 yrs later he is still doing it??

Jim Hall
July 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I dont know what to tell you except any vet that would tell you blood in stool means a healthy cat is nuts

sugarcatmom
July 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
My first question is what does Tonka eat?

MommaKittyTo3
July 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
My first question is what does Tonka eat?

Tonka is on Nutrience Diet, as for other things he loves chewing on boxes, toy trucks, wood & thats all I can think of that I have seen him chew on

sugarcatmom
July 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Tonka is on Nutrience Diet, as for other things he loves chewing on boxes, toy trucks, wood & thats all I can think of that I have seen him chew on

I'm willing to bet that the Nutrience is at least part of the problem, although his penchant for eating foreign objects may not be helping:laughing:. If you check out my post to you here (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=631272&highlight=nutrience#post631272) in your intro thread, there are some links you should read. Basically, dry food is the source of a whole host of problems for cats and the first thing I'd recommend is switching all of your kitties over to a good grain-free wet food. That should also help in the weight loss department. And here's one more link for good measure: http://www.catnutrition.org/index.php