Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy thrown off overpass in Atlantic City,NJ

kathryn
July 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7083066&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Animal cruelty investigators are hoping you can help them track down the person who threw a dog off of an overpass.

They can't understand what motivated someone to throw a six-month-old Boston terrier to its death Thursday night.

Nancy Beall, director of the Atlantic County SPCA said the dog hit the top of a car and was killed. She got the call the following day to pick up the remains.

"Pretty disgusting -- right up there in the top ten, that someone would do this deliberately," said Beall who has been saving animals for the past 18 years.

Beall said Monday night that no one had come forward with a missing dog, and the animal had no microchip or collar. She has given the puppy a name.

"Angel, because she fell from up there," Beall said.

She also had strong words for the person or persons who committed the act.

"Look at Jeffrey Dahmer. That's how he started," said Beall.

Various animal groups have put together a pot of reward money for any information leading to an arrest and conviction. So far, the reward offer is at $1,550.

If you have information or think you saw something, you are asked to contact the Atlantic County SPCA at 609-927-9059 or 609-926-9325.
:rip::angel2:

That's a really busy road.. I use it very often for traveling. I can't imagine what it would have been like if the poor puppy had landed on my car :( So sad.

(in all honesty, I think animal cruelty is actually going down.. atleast where I live... so lets all hope we catch this lunatic and this kind of stuff will stop happening.)