Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help regarding Nutrience pet food

Bearsmom
July 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Greetings all: I've had Molly (our St. Bernard pup) on Nutrience Large Breed puppy food, purchasing a bag just before we went on vacation.

As soon as Molly started this food, she began to get severe diarrhea, and began refusing the food. After 2 days of diarrhea, she refused to eat it. Sooo, I thought I'd take her off the food and went to a large pet food supplier. I asked the store clerk about suitable food for such a giant dog, and she asked what I was feeding Molly. I told her and she said that they had had a HUGE number of the bags returned with all returnees complaining their dogs had severe diarrhea after eating this food.

I still have the half-bag of her food, but am wondering where to proceed from here? I can't seem to find any contact info on the manufacturer...anyone?

PS Molly is on her new food and no problems since we switched her.

Chaser
July 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Here's a link to an online form you can use to complain/demand a refund:

http://www.nutrience.com/english-eu/contact.cfm

I have to say I'm not surprised you had problems! May I ask what Molly is eating now?

Bearsmom
July 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
She's just started on Advantage for giant breed puppies and LOVES it.

Why are you not surprised about her other food?

Thanks for the link, btw.

jake and oliver
July 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I've found that if you just change a dogs food it will get diarreha but if you slowly introduce the food into the dogs diet by mixing it with the old food the problem can be avoided

Bearsmom
July 28th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'm aware of that. This diarrhea did not involve any sort of change of food. None whatsoever.

Chaser
July 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
IMO, Nutrience is not a great food and lacks quality ingredients.