Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat advice

randy197109
July 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know if i'm in the right area but here goes I have a 6 year old i just recently got a puppy and for some reason he's hiding upstairs when i do bring him down to eat and do his business he urinates all over me or my wife .any advice would be great thanks in advance.

ancientgirl
July 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Your title says cat advice, but you say you have a puppy. Can you clarify?

14+kitties
July 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Are you saying your cat is hiding upstairs? What kind of an intro did you do with them? There are tons of sites on introducing a dog into a home with cats. I did the opposite and after trial and error it has worked out. There are lots of other members who have both and can give you lots of great advice on how to handle intros.

Kitty is feeling very very stressed at the moment. He is feeling put out. Cats don't like having their routine changed. It can stress them quite a bit, as he is showing you. Can you put a litter box upstairs for him? Also, can you bring his food up. He will eventually come back downstairs. He just needs to know that you still love him and are not going to replace him. It isn't a bad idea to have a litter box on each level of the house anyway.
Good luck!!