Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We found him!! - Lost cat - St. Leonard (Vallery and Provencher)

marko
July 11th, 2004, 11:19 AM
We lost our yellow cat Zak last night in St. Leonard Qc. Right near Vallery and Provencher (right near the Pierre de Coubertin School.)

If anyone has any clues it would be most appreciated.
Please call Marko at 514-999-0202

Lucky Rescue
July 11th, 2004, 11:44 AM
OH Marko - I"m so sorry!! Poor Zak!!

Have you tried going out in the middle of the night, into alleyways etc and calling him?

Most cats will hide during the day but may come out when it's quieter. He probably hasn't gone far!

Please let us know if you find him.:(

Luba
July 11th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Zak you get home right now mister or no catnip for you for a month!!

Marko you must be going crazy nuts about this!!

He's probably sleeping somewhere and will come home after this long nap (I HOPE)

marko
July 11th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!

It happened yesterday evening while we were out, Zak managed to pry a window open :(

We went out last night at midnight and tried calling him....
We spent hours today putting up his picture on polls all around the area.

And I will try again later today and tonite.

Thanks!
Marko

Luba
July 11th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Marko make sure you add to these sites as well:
www.lostandfound.ca

www.canadastrays.com

www.petfinder.com

Opened the window all by himself, cheeky little bugger huh! Wow sounds like he can get on Dave Letterman when you get him back!

Sending pos vibes to ya Marko I know how you're feeling

chico2
July 11th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Marko,he's a beautiful cat,we'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for some good news :(

Luba
July 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Any sign yet Marko?

marko
July 12th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I think there's a 50% chance that I spotted him. (I say 50% since it's after midnight and the light level is very low plus there are other strays around) But when I called his name and approached he took off.

Is it possible that he's enjoying the freedom and would prefer to stay outdoors than come to me? I'm guessing that this might be the case? What do others think?

He's been indoors for over 7 years straight...but does love the outside due to the fact that he did spend a bit of time outdoors before we adopted him.

Thanks for the help!!

Marko

glasslass
July 12th, 2004, 02:27 AM
I was gone today and am just catching up reading the posts. Sorry to hear about Zak! Guess it can happen to anybody. I hope you're able to get him back quickly. Have you tried enticing him with food? By now, he's missed his normal mealtime and should be ready to appreciate some of the amenities he has at home. He's a beautiful cat, what a proud, slightly arrogant face! I can imagine him hiding under a bush and watching you search for him.

Luba
July 12th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Geeze Marko so close but yet so far! Atleast you know he's still okay and that you saw him, much more then anyone else could hope for.

Are you putting food out for him? Do you have a trap/crate?

marko
July 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM
We found Zak today!!!! :)

He did hiss at my wife though when she went to pick him up (read corner him where he had no real choice ;) )

I cannot tell you the tears of joy we both shed when he finally came back home safe. MUCH better than the tears of sorrow we both shed yesterday!!!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Marko

------------

You just never know how much you love something until it's gone.

chico2
July 12th, 2004, 04:41 PM
WoW,two happy cat-was-found-stories in one day,wonderful news :D :D

Luba
July 12th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Thats fantastic news Marko, very happy to hear it :D

Zak hissing at mama you bad boy, oh your furball friends are gonna give it to you good! But I bet you have some story to tell :p

Princesss04
July 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM
:D That is such WONDERFUL news! :D

Lucky Rescue
July 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
I was afraid to read this, but am SO happy to hear the news!!
http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/graphics/emoticons/nanana.gif http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/graphics/emoticons/nanana.gif http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/graphics/emoticons/nanana.gif

glasslass
July 13th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Happy news! :D Watch him carefully when you go out the door. He's apt to make a dash for it again til he settles back in.