Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our newly adopted Bengal and her new Family.

Pipercats
July 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Group.
Friday we adopted a female Bengal from the shelter in Estevan, Sk.
Here are a couple pictures of her as well as one of her new extended family. The first pictures are of Tia on the cat tree in our living room. The third picture is of Cleo - on top of the couch and then from l-r Fozzy, Foster, Teddy and Loudmouth.

14+kitties
July 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM
First off - thanks for adopting from a shelter! Tia is such a cutie! Love her colours. :cloud9:
And wow! That is one full couch of fur flying fluffiness!!! OMGosh!!! :cloud9:

Pipercats
July 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks 14+kitties.

We picked Tia up on Friday about noon. We had a 2hr drive back home. We let her out of the carrier for the ride. It was entertaining to say the least. She chattered and chittered and talked pretty much the whole way. I am sure she was telling us her life story, as well as wondering "are we there yet"

When we saw her for adoption at the shelter, we could only wonder why she was there in the first place. Tia has been with us for almost 2 days now. She is loving, friendly, inquisitive, active, entertaining and a true joy to have in our lives. We are overjoyed that we can provide her a new happy forever home with a new family.

After just this short time - we can honestly say our lives are complete because our hearts have been touched by a Bengal.

Take Care
Bill and Terri

meg4050
July 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Aww Tia's gorgeous!!

Poor Cleo stuck on top of the couch :laughing:

Toonces
July 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM
What a beautiful family you have:cloud9:

Sylvie
July 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a Bengal. What a Beauty. And yes, thankyou for adopting from the Shelter.

What a great family :grouphug:

kathryn
July 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM
That's one strange looking cat ontop the sofa in that last one...

:p

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
You're a wonderful person for rescuing so many little ones like that. Tia is beautiful, as all of your furries. And Cleo! She looks a little out numbered:laughing:

Myka
July 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Bengal's are very strange kitties. You will be surprised how different she is from your other housecats. They are lots of fun, but they seem to do best with another Bengal buddy.

FancyAppy
July 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Thank you for adopting. You have a fine looking family..the sofa pic is wonderful..

chico2
July 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Pipercats,Wow,what a beautiful kitty-family you have and I love Bengals,a neighbor(now moved)payed $3000 for a Bengal-kitten,strange to find one in a shelter.
Oh,and poor Cleo,hope she loves all those cats and they love her:lovestruck:

Pipercats
July 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone.

Its funny .. I suspect Cleo thinks she is a cat .. she has right from day one.
She eats cat food - dog food - forget it.
Sleeps with the cats
Plays, romps and wrestles with them. And wont let the neighbors dog come anywhere near.

We are looking forward to the uniqueness of Tia .. Today Terri told me she helped making blueberry pies - provided she got a piece of chicken for the effort :D - I know she will add a very unique vibe to our home, that's for sure.

As for adding another Bengal - time will tell - I think we are at our limit - but then again who knows what the future will bring.

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Your new addition is stunning! :lovestruck: I've never seen a bengal before.

Nor have I ever seen a more well-decorated couch! :laughing: Does Cleo ever cuddle on the cushions with the kitties, or does she always get surveillance duty and have to stay high for a better view?

Dracko
July 27th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Piper, I live in S'toon. Nice to see another Saskatchewanian on here. :thumbs up

Your new kitty is very pretty and I am looking forward to hearing how a Bengal is different from other breeds.

clm
July 27th, 2008, 11:14 PM
What a colourful couch full of kitties you have there. The Bengal is very pretty too. Love the puppy on the back of the couch. :laughing:

Cindy

Love4himies
July 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM
What a beautiful couch you have :cloud9:.

Tia is beautiful, bengals do have such nice markings.

Tia was probably telling you her life story and letting you know what she expects from you, the foods she wants, her quiet times so she can nap, etc. etc. :laughing::laughing:.

rainbow
August 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
What a beautiful fur family :lovestruck: .....looking forward to seeing more pics of them. :goodvibes:

Pipercats
August 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks Rainbow .. I have posted some new pic's taken last night.

rainbow
August 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Super :thumbs up ....I'm just a wee bit behind lately and trying to catch up. :o

Luvmypitgirls
August 2nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I almost didn't see the pup on the back of the sofa!

What a gorgeous group of fuzzybutts you have:flirt:

Congrats on the new addition, she is beautiful, and thank you for adopting her and saving her life!:grouphug:

Pipercats
August 2nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Luvmypitgirls
Here are the new pictures:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55068

These were taken after Kia being in the house for only a week.