Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly on vacation

mollywog
July 26th, 2008, 11:12 PM
So I am visiting my family right now, and Molly came too. She is loving it because it means she gets to spend lots of time with her "cousins"... my parents 13 year old Malamute x Jake, and my sisters agility all-stars, Border Collies Jersey and Dallas. The only downside is that she is TERRIFIED of my parents 2 Siamese! Won't go anywhere near them or even look at them!! They are the bosses around here!
I will post more pictures tomorrow... tired now.... must sleep!
1. Molly and Jersey sitting pretty

mollywog
July 26th, 2008, 11:17 PM
1. Molly terrified and cornered.....
2. the she-devil (Phoebe) that cornered her just by looking at her!
3. Molly and her friend Oakley cooling off after a long hike

Dracko
July 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
:laughing: I know I shouldn't laugh about the fear of the cats but obviously your dog doesn't really the size different. :p Has she had negative encounters with cats in the past?

mollywog
July 26th, 2008, 11:31 PM
oh don't worry Dracko, we laughed too when we found her in there huddled in the corner... she was being so quiet, we had no idea that she was even there!
She came from a foster home with cats, and apparently got along well with them, so I'm not really sure!? I guess it could be worse, everyone just keeps to themselves here!
A couple more pictures....
1. Phoebe and Simba doing what they do best :sleepy:
2. Molly and old wise Jake

Chaser
July 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM
So adorable! :cloud9: Molly's looking great as always, and her doggy pals are awfully cute :lovestruck: Those Siamese are absolutely gorgeous too!

Dracko
July 26th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Those cats are simply beautiful. Look like my Mochie. Are they siblings? And do you think they know Molly is afraid of them? Do you think they torment her cuz of it or do they avoid her?

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Ah, poor Molly! :o She's looked meezers in the eye and come away humbled... :cat: One of them must have told her that they were in charge. She obviously believes it! And she's being very respectful of their authoritay! :D

But it does look like she's having fun so far! Can't wait to hear about the rest of Molly's vacation adventures! :thumbs up

mollywog
July 27th, 2008, 12:05 AM
No, the cats aren't siblings. They are 1 year apart, aged 10 and 11. The female (Phoebe) is the "boss" around the house and is sure to let everyone know... very vocal. If Molly gets too close to her, she's not afraid to let her know!
A couple more pictures of the meezers.....
1. Phoebe- the Queen Bee!
2. Simba- he is much more laid back and quiet.

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2008, 12:14 AM
OMG, look at that face!!!! Queen Bee indeed! :laughing: Have you ever seen a more regal expression?

And Simba is more the Prince Albert...laid back and letting the Queen take control. :thumbs up Follow in the wise kitty's footsteps, Molly...he wouldn't want to tick off the Queen, either! :D

Beautiful cats, mollywog! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Oh, wait...my bad...:o....Prince Albert is in a can...:laughing:...what's Queen Elizabeth's husband's name? Prince Phillip? Duh-Oh...hazel is definitely senile tonight! :headslap: :rolleyes: Well, whatever his name is...that's who I meant :D

rainbow
July 27th, 2008, 01:32 AM
:laughing: That pic of Molly in the corner is hilarious. :D If she's used to cats maybe it's the blue eyes that scare her. :shrug:

Phoebe and Simba are gorgeous. :lovestruck: And I love the pic of Molly and Jake together :cloud9: ......he really does look wise. :cool:

rainbow
July 27th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Oh, wait...my bad...:o....Prince Albert is in a can...:laughing:...what's Queen Elizabeth's husband's name? Prince Phillip? Duh-Oh...hazel is definitely senile tonight! :headslap: :rolleyes: Well, whatever his name is...that's who I meant :D

LOL.....yes, Queen Elizabeth is married to Prince Philip :D and one of their sons is Prince Albert :D but who is Prince Albert in a can? :confused:

mollywog
July 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Prince Albert in a can?? I am confused!!:shrug:

wdawson
July 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
nice pics , i love the swimmin in the river one.

14+kitties
July 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Very nice pics. I feel so sorry for Molly in the corner. :sad: She is smaller than I thought she was but still beautiful! :cloud9:

mollywog
July 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks everyone!
Yes, she is quite small, less than 30 lbs. I think similar in size to a Manchester Terrier?? She's 9 months old now so I'm not sure how bigger she will get.... she doesn't seem to be "filling out" at all though! skinny minny!

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
She'll start filling out once she's gained her full height...probably any day now. She's such a cutie! :lovestruck:

How much longer does her vacation last? :D

Oh...and... :o Prince Albert in a can is, I believe, pipe tobacco... :o hazel's memory plays weird mind games with me...my Dad used to smoke a pipe

Frenchy
July 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM
oh don't worry Dracko, we laughed too when we found her in there huddled in the corner... she was being so quiet, we had no idea that she was even there!

:laughing: Poor Molly :laughing: she's so cute in the corner , I guess she taught if not moving , the evil cat wouldn't notice her ? :D

Jake is a beauty :lovestruck: and that river .... :cloud9:

mollywog
July 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Fortunately, since I am a teacher, Molly and I are on vacation all summer long! But we are here in Thunder Bay area visiting my family for one more week.
A few more pictures from today.....
1. Jake roaming the beach
2. Molly swims!!!
3. ....then gets cold and shivers and needs mom to warm her up :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
July 28th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Great pics :cloud9:

Molly looks pawsitively tiny next to Jake :lovestruck:

Jake, Jersey & Molly are all gorgeous :lovestruck: pups but we're missing Dallas :rolleyes: :D we'll need more pics :D

Love the meezers :lovestruck: :lovestruck: hehe they're always the bosses

mollywog
July 28th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Yes, Jake and Molly are like opposites... big and hairy/ tiny and sleek! Jake weighs about 90 lbs and Molly is 28 lbs! But for some reason Molly bosses him around and even sits on him! :frustrated: He is wayyy too tolerant and gentle with her!

ok Growler, ask and you shall receive!
I didn't realize that he was the odd one out here!!
introducing..... Dallas :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 28th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Aww Dallas :lovestruck: just adorable :lovestruck: markings much like Spatx' Nova :lovestruck:

Hehe Molly sits on Jake cuz he makes a nice big soft fluffy chair :D :laughing:

ok Growler, ask and you shall receive!

I ask for a million dollars :D

:p had to try didn't I :laughing: :crazy:

mollywog
July 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
hahaha Growler, sorry..... but I can give you more pictures, and they are priceless!! :laughing:
1 & 2: The dogs enjoying the local swimming hole......
3. Dallas has the right idea on a hot day! :cool:

mollywog
July 28th, 2008, 08:34 AM
and 2 more- the girls.........
1. Jersey and Molly
2. Molly :p
ok... phew.... I'm all outta pictures.... for now! :crazy:

Frenchy
July 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
:laughing: love the last pic , she's sticking out her tongue at you :laughing:

Dog Dancer
July 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
What great pics - all of them. Molly must be loving her mommy time.

allymack
July 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
those are great pics! moly looks like she is having a great time visiting all of her cousins!:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
July 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM
:laughing: Mollywog, you're right they are priceless :cloud9:

Love the last one of Molly :lovestruck: she is so cute I could just squish her........in a good way :D :laughing:

Oh and love the Molly in the corner pic too cute :cloud9:

Are Jersey & Dallas siblings?

mollywog
July 29th, 2008, 12:24 AM
nope, Jersey and Dallas are not siblings. Jersey is the "superstar" of our family... next week she is going to the National Agility Trials in Sussex, New Brunswick! :party:
Dallas was rescued at age 3, he was being bred by a BYB who had him chained up outside all the time. :sad: and because of that, combined with the fact that he is a working dog, he has developed obsessive behaviours such as chasing his shadow for hours on end, or going crazy when you turn the ceiling fan on. Poor guy! But he has come a long way in the 2 years that my sister has had him.

growler~GateKeeper
July 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Well they sure look like they could be :cloud9: with similar markings :lovestruck:

:clap: WTG Jersey! :highfive: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Aww :sad: poor Dallas :grouphug: I'm very glad your sister rescued him knowing his condition & has help him overcome where he started from :thumbs up :grouphug: for her too :goodvibes: