Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here we go again - Anyone want a kitten?

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM
My FH came home around 11 PM last night from work to tell me that he saw a little kitten on the road on the way home - across the street from our house. We go outside, and sure enough, we see these two little sweeties.

Here's a bunch of pics of them - it was pretty dark when I took them so they might look a bit more ragged than they are in the daylight. They were really hungry.

They took off after they ate, so they are somewhere in the neighbourhood today - hopefully sleeping :shrug:

More on the way

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Here's some more of them, including a couple of close ups of each little calico cutie. It was dark, so I don't think the one's little face would look so sad if it didn't have a bright flash in it.

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
A few more.

Isn't she cute?
FH - Kitten whisperer
Chowing down

chico2
July 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM
OMG PHoozles,they are out there on their own:sad:
They are adorable,but unless they have a mom out there somewhere ,they are probably not going to survive.
I am not blaming you,I know you have enough,but if you have a good shelter or rescue,I think these two cuties would be adopted quick.
Wish I could take them:shrug:

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I know - I couldn't do anything - we went in to tend to Alley who was kind of freaked out and they took off :shrug:

I think their mom might be the tortie I often see by my house.. If I see them around tonight, I'll find a place to put them.. poor things - they're very sweet and friendly.. :sad:

14+kitties
July 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Ain't it fun? :rolleyes: I still have 4 in the house I need to find homes for. It's getting harder every day. And I know there are at least three more. She moved them so I have to find them, and soon. I suspect by now more than that. And I have Minimo. The fun never ends.
These two are beautiful, as all cats are. Is there any no kill shelters around or a rescue or two? They will probably be full up at this time of the year too. So sad.

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
No - there aren't any no kill shelters around here.. There is one cat rescue about 45 minutes away (where we got Alley from), but I heard they were full.. I might try them anyway - I can't afford to bring in any more..

I'm getting really sick of my neighbourhood :wall:

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Those are beautiful kittens and will be adopted easily. They won't survive on their own:sad:

Chaser
July 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Crap! I really want a pair of kittens and would take those two in a second.....IF I had a full-time job! We've already got two dogs stuffed into our apartment, so Chase_Dad would freak if I even mentioned it :sad: We can't afford any vet bills other than Chase's as it stands right now, so it would be so irresponsible to take them in.

If this was all of six months in the future and we were renting a townhouse instead I would absolutely help them. Poor kitties :cry:

Luvmypitgirls
July 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
OMG! Well if you lived near me I would take them in a heartbeat!
I would love to have them:sad:

Chris21711
July 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Oh Phoozles, it just seems neverending, they are little beauties :grouphug: hugs to you for caring.

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM
These two little girls would get adopted very quickly.. I will try and catch them tonight - I hadn't even seen them before yesterday.. They are adorable, and they're a matching set! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
The are little beauties! I can't believe how friendly they are! :goodvibes: for catching them easily and finding them good homes.

mollywog
July 26th, 2008, 11:19 PM
they are stunning. I am sure they would get adopted in a heartbeat. With eyes like that, how could anyone say no!? :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Chaser
July 27th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I can't stop looking at the pictures....I REALLY want these cats :sad:

rainbow
July 27th, 2008, 01:09 AM
OMG....they are just the sweetest little ones. :cloud9: Thank you for taking care of them. :angel: :grouphug:

FancyAppy
July 27th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thank you for caring about and feeding these beautiful kittens.

phoozles
July 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I can't stop looking at the pictures....I REALLY want these cats :sad:

I can head through Hamilton on my way to Barrie right after the long weekend ;)

Chaser
July 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I can head through Hamilton on my way to Barrie right after the long weekend ;)

LOL...I wish! My boyfriend would have a heart attack if I even mentioned the possibility!

:fingerscr a home can be found for the little cuties!

wdawson
July 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
kittens usually get adopted quick.

chico2
July 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Phoozles,maybe you could drop them at Hamilton Humane Society,or even here at Oakville,where I know they will not kill them.
It's enough to make you cry,thinking of these little girls out there on their own.

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Phoozles, they are so adorable! Thank you so much for helping them. I hope you are able to get hold of them. I hate this. It's like a never ending cycle. Taking them to a rescue where you know they can get some exposure and be adopted. I have no doubt they will find homes fast!

Good luck!!!:fingerscr

Frenchy
July 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
omg they're so cute :sad:

babymomma
July 27th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I hope you can take them in and find them homes. Because if not they will just breed over and over and over (with other cats and maybe with each other:eek:) And then BAM, More unwanted stray kkitties :sad: Thanks for keeping a eye on them and feeding them!!!

Chaser
July 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Phoozles,maybe you could drop them at Hamilton Humane Society,or even here at Oakville,where I know they will not kill them.
It's enough to make you cry,thinking of these little girls out there on their own.

I second this idea if you are able to do it.

growler~GateKeeper
July 28th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Awwww baby calicos :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

:sad: out there all alone :sad:

:goodvibes: :fingerscr good luck for catching these cuties & mamacat too