Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few of Czarina

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Here she is a couple of days ago. I let her wander around for a bit in the evening. She's been wandering around all day but she lunged at Maks and her swat connected today. He was already nervous about some moving I did this morning and spent the better part of the morning and afternoon in the closet. I felt bad for him and didn't want him stressed out any more so I lured her back into the kitchen with treats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/001-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/002-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/003-2.jpg

Lately she's been allowing the others to get close and she even sort of does a nose touchy them, but within seconds the hissing and then swatting starts. :rolleyes: *sigh*

babymomma
July 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
wow, What a cutie.. She has beautiful markings!!

chico2
July 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ancient,she seems comfortable though,other than the swatting.
Does she give any indication she wants out?

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Chico, she seems comfortable to me. I've been allowing her out of the kitchen, because she tries to follow me out. But I do feel like after a while she wants her privacy.

She doesn't really sit near the door or anything or meow in anguish begging to go out. I did have to go to Target earlier so I struggled a bit on whether to put her back in the kitchen so I left her out, since they were all napping. I put the screen to block the front door and when I got back they were all still in their napping spots.

Then of course came the Maks incident so she went back in the kitchen. But before I began to lure her with treats, she was already heading that way. So I think she does see that space as her safe area.

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
The swatting is OK, she is letting them know that she is still scared and doesn't want to socialize right now, that is their way of communicating. She is not aggessive like Sweet Pea who runs to attack Puddles when she sees her.

Sweet Pea would do the same type of thing to the foster kittens, they would back off for a bit, then they would ask her to play again, so I am assuming the lunge and swat is not that scary between cats.

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
She is so pretty, ancientgirl and I think she is now ready to stay inside.

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
The swatting is OK, she is letting them know that she is still scared and doesn't want to socialize right now, that is their way of communicating. She is not aggessive like Sweet Pea who runs to attack Puddles when she sees her.

Sweet Pea would do the same type of thing to the foster kittens, they would back off for a bit, then they would ask her to play again, so I am assuming the lunge and swat is not that scary between cats.

Ah, okay. She doesn't run after any of them, if anything she'll make her point and then sort of skip away. LOL, well not really skip.

I guess I'm just so afraid of her making the resident gang afraid to be in the same area. The first time around, when I had her inside, even when she was put away in her area they would spend most of their time upstairs. At least this time around, they do stay put for the most part. I just don't want anybody to be afraid of anybody else.

Even though she swats at Maks, he does keep going back to her. I think she's particularly nasty with him because there is a cat just like Maks outside :sad:. It breaks my heart when I see him because he reminds me of my little guy. But he's very feral. But I get the feeling Czarina might think Maks is the other cat. He just wants to be friends with her.

As for her being ready to stay inside. She's really got no choice. That old hang is downstairs to stay and as soon as she sees Czarina she'll start messing with her again.:frustrated:

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
If he keeps going back, then all is OK, as long as he listens, there shouldn't be any problems.:thumbs up

Sweet Pea actually runs after Puddles with her fur fluffed and attacks.:frustrated:

14+kitties
July 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I don't know ancient. It kind of sounds to me like Czarina is making HUGE leaps and bounds!! I think it's fantastic! No one is leaving the room this time to get away from her. She is staying/sleeping/playing in the same room as the rest. And there is minimal swatting. I think it's marvelous!!! :thumbs up

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Next challenge: All five in one picture.

rainbow
July 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I also think she is making a lot more progress this time around. My female still hisses and growls at my male if she doesn't feel like being bothered. As long as it doesn't escalate I just let them sort it out. :shrug:

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2008, 08:18 PM
It's not a total cover but hey, she made the attempt and it wasn't ALL exposed!

I think as long as I don't see any all out war, like with Vlad and Oksana I'll be okay. But even Vlad and Oksana now and then groom each other.

She's out again right now. So she was out this morning for a few hours and I'll leave her out until we go to bed in about an hour. Then tomorrow I'll do the same. Now that she's found out she loves treats, it's easy to get her in the kitchen. LOL, she's even figured out what the shaking of the treat jar means.:D

Oh, and a picture of all 5 might be a ways away. Heck ,half the time I can't even get 4 in one shot.

Love4himies
July 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Now that she's found out she loves treats, it's easy to get her in the kitchen. LOL, she's even figured out what the shaking of the treat jar means.:D

Bribery, the best way to get a cat to do what you want it to.:laughing:

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Yes, and I'm not above bribery!

I don't know how this will play out but um...Maks just pooped in her litter box.:eek:

14+kitties
July 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Bad Maks!! It may be a good thing. As long as she doesn't start using some other place it's ok. This could be a way of getting her used to his smell. REALLY used to his smell!! :yuck:

phoozles
July 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
:laughing: You guys crack me up..

Wow, what progress! Yeah, Jake swats at Alley almost every day :laughing: It's usually after she puts him in headlock, which is EVERY SINGLE TIME I go in the kitchen to feed them.. She's odd :D

That's so great, ancient - all your hard work is really paying off! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Next challenge: All five in one picture.

That would be wonderful! :thumbs up :D

I love her one peach-colored footie, AG! And she really does seem to be relaxing more and more. Before you know it, she'll be making nice-nice with all the others as if she's been there for years! :cat:

FancyAppy
July 27th, 2008, 06:21 AM
She has such a beautiful coat. I think she is a very pretty cat. You are doing such a great job with her as she grows into the family. Your are giving her all the love, patience and time she needs. You are a terrfic cat mom.

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hazel, I love her patches of peach. I love the one she's got on her jaw. Her colors are so fascinating to me.

Fancy, thank you. It's hard, I won't lie. There are moments when I wonder if she will ever be comfortable here, but I take comfort in knowing others have managed to do it, so it is possible.

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2008, 10:35 AM
:laughing: You guys crack me up..

Wow, what progress! Yeah, Jake swats at Alley almost every day :laughing: It's usually after she puts him in headlock, which is EVERY SINGLE TIME I go in the kitchen to feed them.. She's odd :D

That's so great, ancient - all your hard work is really paying off! :thumbs up

The odd thing is, Vlad and Oksana are constantly fighting. Actually it's Oksana that just doesn't want to be messed with so I'm always having to break up fights. I hate it, but I don't feel as wary because they have grown up together and know each and knowing Czarina has probably been in much worse survival type fights makes me nervous. But I don't really know that she has been in fights for a fact. She really doesn't look like she has. :shrug: Anyway, the few times I've seen her swat she backs away so there's no follow through. Just more warning.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Bad Maks!! It may be a good thing. As long as she doesn't start using some other place it's ok. This could be a way of getting her used to his smell. REALLY used to his smell!! :yuck:

I had to clean it out. His poop really smelled up the place. Which makes me wonder. I've been giving them Wellness for a couple of months now and I thought giving something like that would keep the poopy smell down:confused:

wdawson
July 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
ahh what a cutie