Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Names

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry im posting so many threads:o... But i need some help in the naming process. This is how her breeder describes her - " Ophelia(sp?) Is the bully out of the 5 puppies. She was always the one that was headbutting her brothers into the walls. She is not aggressive, just bossy. She Is by far the smartest puppy i have ever came in contact with (I have been breeding for 25 years, and ive been around alot of puppies) , that is why i was going to keep her. she is also very sturdy(or stable, not sure what the word she used was) and would make a great breeding dog,another reason i was going to keep her. He is already 4 lbs at 12 weeks old and is going to be a 'bigger' girl. She is very pretty and lovable! You should feel priveledged to be the futre owner. " Now that you know a little bit about her. How about we pick a name eh? Here are some of my favs.

Dog names-

Keely(fav)
zoey
sophie(fav)
chloe
suzie
lily
sophia
JoJo
Other(please clarify)

Purpledomino
July 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
All your picks are good.....I really like "Sophie". Funny thing, when you finally name your pup, it seems that they always seem to collect "nicknames"...then they are usually called them instead. :o My male Minpins name is "Petie"....but he's called Petie-pie or Pumpkin-pie. My female Minpin is "Emmy"....and we call her almost anything but, she has lots of names.

Maybe it's just our family though....I have more nicknames than I can count! :crazy:

Now that I think about it....our dogs have their own songs too. Omg... we are truly whacko. :eek:

aslan
July 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
i like keeley just 'cause its different.. and it's so true about the nicknames, quincy is usually moose or fallump, bailey get idget or vishface. and so far bishop get tigger, bounce,bounce.

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 05:47 PM
thanks for sharing Purpledomino! I know what you mean about the nicknames..lol..Im a little hesitant about naming her sophie, because my hamsters name was sophie (god rest her soul) and i dunno if its weird naming your dog the same thing you named a previous pet? Sophie was always my dream name for a dog (Oprahs cockers name was sophie, may she rest in peace) and thats why i named my hamster it. Do you think it would be weird to call her sophie?

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
i like keeley just 'cause its different.. and it's so true about the nicknames, quincy is usually moose or fallump, bailey get idget or vishface. and so far bishop get tigger, bounce,bounce.

That is why I like it, because its different.

Purpledomino
July 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I don't think it's weird to "recycle" a name. Especially if you feel it is fitting for your pet. We used to have a cat named "Petie", and at first my kids didn't want to name our new Minpin Puppy Petie because of that. Our problem was that we just could not agree on a single name for him except Petie. Well, we decided to go with that name, because the poor little guy would have been nameless otherwise. Soon after, he became Petie-pie...and it stuck. It also seemed original to us for some reason.

But all your names are very nice, so whatever you choose would be cute! :D

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks Purpledomino!! Its down to Sophie, keely, And Zoey.. Im still unsure about zoey thouhg..lol

jessi76
July 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
maybe you should wait until she's home w/ you before making a final decision. maybe a specific name will just jump out at you. She may turn out to be more of a Gigi, Sadie or even a Millie... I'm sure her personality will make it clear which name seems to suit her.