Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Fosters Malcolm and Matilda

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Was spending the even with Malcolm and Matilda and my camera. They are coming out of their shell nicely. I made the mistake of wearing my shoes in the room yesterday and they were terrified of me, took them off then they were fine:laughing:.

1. Malcolm close up, his URI has cleared up and he is a totally different kitty.

2. Matilda close up, I have this picture posted in the Cat Health forum for any ideas of what is on her eye.

3. Malcolm again, he is loving having a room to run around in after being in a tiny cage for 3 weeks.

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I was trying to teach them to use a scratching post last night as they have had no house life exposure.

Matilda scratching "Awwww this feels soooooooooo good":cloud9:

"Oops, was I suppose to do that?"

"Oh wonder what is on the other side of the door? Smells like a big cat, wonder if he is scary"

Jasper as always, is lying just outside their room.

14+kitties
July 25th, 2008, 07:57 AM
They are so so so cute!!! :cloud9: It's amazing how fast kitties come around with love and patience! :thumbs up GREAT JOB!!!
I don't know what is on Matilda's eye. What did the Humane Society say? Could you maybe take her in to your vet for a quick check up?

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
They were at the vet on Monday, but their URI was so bad that their sinuses were draining out through their eyes :sad:. I did not see this in person and just noticed this when I downloaded the pictures this morning.

14+kitties
July 25th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Poor sweeties have been through so much! You are such an angel to look after them. :highfive:
I think I would be taking her in to the vet just to see what is going on. Or could you take that picture in? Maybe that would be better than uprooting her again. They have been through so much commotion lately. :goodvibes: being sent that it is nothing serious.

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Look at those little tykes! :cloud9: When do they get to meet Jasper?

About Matilda's eye: it looks a little like it might be a 'kink' in the cartilage of the nictitating membrane, L4H. Does it look like the third eyelid just doesn't retract all the way?

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Look at those little tykes! :cloud9: When do they get to meet Jasper?

About Matilda's eye: it looks a little like it might be a 'kink' in the cartilage of the nictitating membrane, L4H. Does it look like the third eyelid just doesn't retract all the way?

I have no idea, I have never had a kitty that has had an URI or any issues with eyes except Puddles had a runny eye once. :shrug: I am hoping somebody has encountered this before and can shed some light.

Hehe, I snuck a wee meeting this morning between Jasper and Malcolm, the door was only open an inch and Jasper had his nose stuck in the crack. Malcolm was excited when he first saw Jasper, then when they sniffed eachother, Malcolm arched his back trying to make himself look big. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Was Jasper impressed? :D

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Was Jasper impressed? :D

Not sure, I was inside the room with the kittens, all I could see was his nose sniffing away.

He loves kitties, all kitties :lovestruck::lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
July 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Jasper is such a sweetie. I can't wait to see some pictures of him with M&M:D

krdahmer
July 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Aw M&M, I like that! They are just adorable!! :lovestruck::lovestruck:

I'll be interested too to see what that thing on her eye is... I'll watch the other thread to see what you find out, looks interesting. Does look very mucousy to me though.

Frenchy
July 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Matilda scratching "Awwww this feels soooooooooo good":cloud9:

what a good little kitty , already knows how to use it :lovestruck:

phoozles
July 25th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Awww, looks like they have definitely come out of their shells :lovestruck: So cute!

I've never seen anything like that eye thing either :fingerscr you get some answers!

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I was thinking if it was mucous, I would notice it in her eye later on, like "sleepies", but I didn't. It is possible that through the playing, Malcolm rubbed it off.

rainbow
July 27th, 2008, 02:50 AM
They are adorable and I love the pic with them being curious to know who is on the other side of the door :lovestruck: and the ones of Matilda and the scratcher. :cloud9:

Good luck with the eye issue.....I hope it's nothing serious. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

FancyAppy
July 27th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Thank you for taking such good care of these beautiful kittens.They are adorable.

growler~GateKeeper
July 27th, 2008, 11:44 PM
M&M are adorable :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

I made the mistake of wearing my shoes in the room yesterday and they were terrified of me, took them off then they were fine:laughing:

Leave a pair of shoes in a corner of the room, to help them get used to shoes being around them, maybe start for a hour or so while you are with them.

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Well the time has come for M & M to move on. I think Saturday will be the day to take them to Global if they have room :cry: I have started to mentally prepare myself to say goodbye. Matilda has not warmed up a whole lot to human attention, unlike Malcolm who can't get enough. Matilda wants to be friends with kitties, yes even Puddles.

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Aww :cry: I hope they find a home together!:pray:

You've done such a great job with them. Hugs to you.

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Aww :cry: I hope they find a home together!:pray:

You've done such a great job with them. Hugs to you.

Thanks ancientgirl.

I hope so too, these guys have such stress in their short lives.

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
A picture of them a day before my co worker and I rescued them:

The shed in the backgroud is where they were living.

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Because of you and your friend they will have a chance to find a wonderful home.:D

MommaKat
October 2nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
People like you are just so awesome :angel: Those are some sweet and lovely kitty cats. I hope Matildas eye clears up soon :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
People like you are just so awesome :angel: Those are some sweet and lovely kitty cats. I hope Matildas eye clears up soon :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Those were old pics of my babies when they first came to my house in July. They are all better now.

phoozles
October 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Aww, it's time for them to go already? :sad:
They are adorable - and they look so good and healthy! You did a great job rescuing those little guys!

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
:grouphug: to you L4H. You deserve a huge halo for all the help you are to the little ones you give such a great start to.
I have a feeling Malcolm may be a little hard to say goodbye to. He has been through so much in his short life. And you have been soooo good with him! Even putting up with an evil manager. :evil:
:fingerscr they get adopted together! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2008, 01:01 AM
:fingerscr they are adopted together :goodvibes:

BrightEyes
October 3rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
Awwww, how sweet they are. And thank you for helping them to have a chance at a better life :grouphug:

chico2
October 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
L4H,thank you for giving these adorable little ones a chance at a good life:fingerscr
:pray:they get to stay together:cat: