Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amber's 1st Agility Training Lesson

JanM
July 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM
She was awesome! I was so sure she would absolutely refuse the tunnel - nope, she was so good! What a puppy! :D

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t70/JanM07/1st%20Agility%20Training/

luckypenny
July 25th, 2008, 12:24 AM
How exciting! Way to go Amber! I noticed she has her nose to the ground in a couple of pics. Are you going to try tracking too :D ?

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Wow! How excellent is that!? :highfive: She's a natural! And that's quite the course! Is it close to you?

JanM
July 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I was so proud of my little girl last night! She did the jump - just a bar on the ground actually - between the uprights as a starter, she jumped through the ring, went through the barrel and the tunnel! WOW... I was reasonably sure the tunnel would be an absolute refusal - nope - she did it! Next week I think we'll be doing the teeter and the A-frame... can't wait!

Amber does like a challenge and she came through this one with flying colours..

The course is about a 20-minute drive from my home - in a district called Cedar. and wouldn't you know, it's set up at the entrance to the Crow and Gate pub :) They hold classes there once a week - if you want to check their website its

http://goplayagility.com

The instructors are excellent - very calm, very relaxed and very, very helpful!

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Wow! Shes beautiful, And she looks like a natural:thumbs up I bet you are proud!

Can yorkies do agility?? lol :rolleyes:

14+kitties
July 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Neat! It's great to hear that Amber did so well!! She is such a cutie!!!:cloud9:

JanM
July 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Wow! Shes beautiful, And she looks like a natural:thumbs up I bet you are proud!

Can yorkies do agility?? lol :rolleyes:

Proud you ask????? I am so proud of that little girl you wouldn't believe!

and yes - Yorkies can do agility! Last night there was a long-haired dachsie - such a sweetie, a Westie, a mini Schnauzer and the rest were bigger - they alter the props for the sizes... too cute to see the dachsie do the jump and go through the tunnel - he was so scared - but he did it!

babymomma
July 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Proud you ask????? I am so proud of that little girl you wouldn't believe!

and yes - Yorkies can do agility! Last night there was a long-haired dachsie - such a sweetie, a Westie, a mini Schnauzer and the rest were bigger - they alter the props for the sizes... too cute to see the dachsie do the jump and go through the tunnel - he was so scared - but he did it!

Awww! i wanna train my puppy for agility! :D Can you buy props like that in special stores??

BusterBoo
July 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM
What great pictures!!!! Isn't it a fun day with your doggie!! :D

buster has completed level 1 and 2 of agility and we had a ball! The teeter can be a bit intimadating to some of the bigger dogs and the A-Frame isn't always easy for those with short legs, but with lots of encouragement (and treats) they make it!

We had two yorkies in the class, but only the male did the course...the little girl just followed around the outer edges, it was soooo cute to see!! :D

Yes, you can buy most of the obstacles in the larger pet stores or go online and goggle for agility obstacles. sometimes you can get them really cheap from people who have given up LOL

Enjoy the classes!!!! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 27th, 2008, 02:40 AM
WOO HOO Amber :highfive: making mommy so proud. :thumbs up

FancyAppy
July 27th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Amber is so cute. You must be so proud of how well she is doing.She is a one smart doggie.