Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Attention Coquitlam Dog Owner

TKW
July 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
http://www.canada.com/coquitlamnow/news/story.html?id=f041e5c1-7bb9-439c-ad40-7c4e4f59d16f

TKW
July 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
There are only a few off-leash parks in Coquitlam. I believe this is one of the two fenced ones. Although I live close to the other one, I find it hard to believe the problems the residents near Miller Park are complaining. The other park I frequented is under a high voltage power line. It is quiet most of the time (avoiding the power line??) and you'll rarely find dog poo left behind. To me, this is NIMBYism at its best. Besides, if there's dog poo inside the fenced area, wouldn't it bothers the non-dog owners the least. They need to be educated the importance of having off-leash parks for the community. If they take away the playgrounds, already limited in number, for our dogs, there will be consequences caused by bored, under-socialized or mentally unbalanced dogs.

I am bringing this to the attention of all the dog owners in Coquitlam, BC to contact the Mayor, councilors and the mayoral and councilor candidates of the upcoming civic election. To let them know what you think of these off-leash parks and your vote will be hinged on their view on this issue.