Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Someone stole my cat!

tiny-love
July 23rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Me and my boyfriend got a cat together and it was living at his house as an outdoor cat. He did have the choice of living inside, but he chose outside. I would bring him inside at night and he would just sit at the door meowing to be let back out. He would leave the house for a week at a time but would always come back. About a month ago we noticed he had been missing for awhile, Even thought he was missing we still put food out everyday for him. They have 25 acres of land but yet everyday after work (6am-6pm) my boyfriend would go out looking for him. We then found out my boyfriends brothers girlfriend (she's 16) and her mom took the cat from my boyfriends backyard without telling anyone because it was weak and had fleas. We knew it had fleas and had been giving him medication for it. And it was weak because he had left, on his own choice, awhile ago and probably didn't eat much. They live in the country and there's a house down the road with 20+ cats so thats where he must of gotten the fleas from. Since then we've found out they took him to the vet for shots and got him fixed. The only reason they got him fixed is because they already have 10+ cats and didn't want to end up with kittens. We've contacted her, and her parents by the phone, email, text messages and even talked to the girl in person saying we want our cat back but no reply! What can we do to get him back? I have written proof from the girl saying she took the cat and I have pictures of me and the cat together. Also the cat had a collar on him with his name and my boyfriends phone number. We care deeply about out cat, Mr.Eves. And did not neglect him!

Also, my boyfriends mom is a dog breeder. Our cat and all the dogs would play together. She was outside 3 times a day to make sure the cat and dog had food/water and took them for walks. How is that neglect?

Luvmypitgirls
July 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Me and my boyfriend got a cat together and it was living at his house as an outdoor cat. He did have the choice of living inside, but he chose outside. I would bring him inside at night and he would just sit at the door meowing to be let back out. He would leave the house for a week at a time but would always come back. About a month ago we noticed he had been missing for awhile, Even thought he was missing we still put food out everyday for him. They have 25 acres of land but yet everyday after work (6am-6pm) my boyfriend would go out looking for him. We then found out my boyfriends brothers girlfriend (she's 16) and her mom took the cat from my boyfriends backyard without telling anyone because it was weak and had fleas. We knew it had fleas and had been giving him medication for it. And it was weak because he had left, on his own choice, awhile ago and probably didn't eat much. They live in the country and there's a house down the road with 20+ cats so thats where he must of gotten the fleas from. Since then we've found out they took him to the vet for shots and got him fixed. The only reason they got him fixed is because they already have 10+ cats and didn't want to end up with kittens. We've contacted her, and her parents by the phone, email, text messages and even talked to the girl in person saying we want our cat back but no reply! What can we do to get him back? I have written proof from the girl saying she took the cat and I have pictures of me and the cat together. Also the cat had a collar on him with his name and my boyfriends phone number. We care deeply about out cat, Mr.Eves. And did not neglect him!

Wow, I'm sorry for what you are going thru, however that being said, I have to say your post just reaffirms why my cats are strictly indoor cats.
Several years ago, we found a cat near death, took her in, had her vetted, was told she probably wasn't going to make it. Well make it she did and she lived a wonderful life with us for 17+years. She had been an outdoor cat, and at first she cried to go out, she would try to pop window screens, anything to go but we wouldn't let her.
Your cat didn't choose to live outdoors, you chose to let him live outdoors.
He would've eventually adjusted to indoor life.
I guess, I really have to admit that if I found a cat weak and infested with fleas, because he had been roaming for so long, I probably would've taken the cat and had it vetted too.

The two that took your cat probably should've approached you first, and tried to talk to you about keeping your cat inside, not only to prevent from being stolen, but for it's best interest.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if they hadn't stolen your cat it was only a matter of time before it either got hit by a car, attacked by a dog, or some form of wildlife.

I'm not trying to sound mean here, really I'm not, but obviously someone felt you were neglecting your cat. Offer to repay the vet bills to the people that took your cat, and if that doesn't work then maybe you should call the police if you can prove it's your cat, or maybe just let them keep the cat:shrug:

Luvmypitgirls
July 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
sorry for the dp...I just want to add, that if your cat was intact, and caught fleas from the neighbor with the 20 or so cats, it could very well be that he, your cat contributed to that number.

t.pettet
July 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
It sounds like he's better off when he is, not weak and starving, he's been vaccinated and neutered which is what you should have taken care of, as a responsible pet owner.

Dracko
July 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
It sounds like he's better off when he is, not weak and starving, he's been vaccinated and neutered which is what you should have taken care of, as a responsible pet owner.

^ Yeah that.

babymomma
July 23rd, 2008, 10:15 PM
Wow, Just wow. And you expect these people to give him back to you? If you go to the police, they will investigate why ths cat was starving and near death in the first place. And you will be the one in trouble. The cat you claim to love, will finally have a good home that he probably deserves, Why take him back, cause' if you did love him, you would leave him right where he's to so he can be happy. What you are doing is selfish.

FYI- even the most feral of kitties, can be converted into inside cats.

Luvmypitgirls
July 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
(insert good post smiley) for Babymomma!

katherine93
July 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
< what she said.

:wall::yell::frustrated:

Luvmypitgirls
July 23rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
tiny love, sorry I have to ask you a question.
What if your beloved cat, had gotten into a yard with an aggressive dog,not even just an aggressive dog but just a dog that hates cats, and that dog ripped your cat apart, who do you think is ultimately responsible?

Ugh, I can't stop thinking about this. I agree I think the best thing you can do is leave your cat with the people that did right by him, out of the goodness of their heart.
Sorry I don't think your cat was stolen, I think he was saved.
And thanks to the people that took him, he won't be out there making more cats to end up in shelters or worse.

Like I said in my previous post, he didn't choose to live outside, you chose that for him and to let him get into the condition you described, is well irresponsible and somewhat cruel.

tiny-love
July 23rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
I've contacted the girl and her mom countless times trying to talk about things, but they won't reply to my messages. I'm willing to pay back the vet bill. There aren't any houses around that have dogs, the farthest he goes is down the road to the other house with 20+ cats and has NEVER came back harmed. If it was my choice he'd be an indoor cat, but my boyfriend isn't the owner of the house and it came down to either he lets him outside or gets rid of him. What would you do? If i had a chance to get to him first I would of taken him to the vet, but I don't think there's any reason to get fixed. If he fathers a bunch of kittnes down the road then so be it. The ower of all those cats lets them be outdoor cats yet still takes care of them. Also, there's ben 20+ cats outside that house even before I got my cat. If they thought my cat was in danger then they should of contacted the animal shelter and filed a complainted so then I would of had a chance to explaine things. But I didn't even have a chance.

luckypenny
July 23rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
... I don't think there's any reason to get fixed. If he fathers a bunch of kittnes down the road then so be it.

Are you for real?? Are you or your bf willing to take any responsibility for this cat?? For goodness sakes, at least his new family is! You should both be thankful for that.

Luvmypitgirls
July 23rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
The fact that there are already far too many homeless cats (even 1 is too many) is the perfect justification for having your cat nutered!
Dang, part of me felt a little sympathy for you thinking that just maybe you didn't know better, but your last comment, just shows me that you really just don't care.

You let your cat roam, cats can cover a lot of ground in a day, just because there isn't a dog in your immediate area doesn't mean your cat won't wander into a yard with a dog at some point.

As far as your boyfriend not owning the house and you had no choice to either put him out or get rid of him and asking what I would do.
First I wouldn't rent a house that wouldn't allow my cat.
Second, I wouldn't just toss him out to become flea infested and weak, (your words), or to be out there producing litters of kittens that nobody will care for.

I don't blame the people for not returning your messages now, if anything you should be calling them and thanking them for providing YOUR cat with that which you couldn't or maybe more like wouldn't.

Like I said they didn't steal your cat they SAVED it.

tiny-love
July 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
What are you talking about not taking any responsibility for him? Of course I did. I've gotten him flea medicine, I made sure he always had food, water. I bought him a collar, we made him a cat house. My boyfriend doesn't rent a place, he lives at home with his family for free. And did you miss where I said the owner of all the cats down the road TAKES CARE OF THEM?

But thanks for no help at all. I'm going to the cops tomorrow. They can't prove that we didn't take care of him. Yes he had fleas but I can prove that I have flea medicine. And how can they say he was never fed when someone was out there 3 times a day making sure him and the dogs had food and water. And by the way, the girl who took him lives at my boyfriends house, so how is that taking care of all her cats? The 10+ cats she has. Who knows, I think there's a law on how many cats you can have where I live. Also, when I go to the police i'm bringing in pictures of her smoking weed near a cat. I wonder what will happen.

Dracko
July 24th, 2008, 12:26 AM
They can't prove that we didn't take care of him.

So the fact that you didn't take care of him isn't the issue to you. It's more that they can't PROVE you didn't. :frustrated:

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
You know i really tried to just leave this thread alone, but after reading your last few posts. WTF is the matter with you. You get a cat, let it wander around outside, unfixed to produce god knows how many kittens. Feeding them isn't the only part of looking after an animal, so yes your neighbour is kind for feeding those 20+ cats (at his/her expense) because people like you think its ok to just let cats breed willy nilly. It is unhealthy for an animal to go unfixed. Treating the fleas or not, if he hadn't been outside he wouldn't have had fleas in the first place. Have you ever been bitten by a flea, uncomfortable isn't it. Now imagine being bitten by hundreds of them, continually. Omg, i just can't believe you, and why exactly do these people have 10 cats, because of people like you that's why. You DON't love your cat, if you did none of this would be happening, because he would have been indoors, neutered, flea free, etc. As for showing the police pictures of this girl smoking weed, jeez grow up. If you took the picture you were obviously at the same place the weed was being smoked, hmmm if i were a cop can you imagine what my first thought would be. Oh and by the way, news flash.... Marijuana was decriminalized a few years ago, it's no longer illegal to smoke it. Be thankful someone is giving the cat the care you didn't, and leave it at that.

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 06:25 AM
If you had a child and he/she "chose" to eat candy everyday and not bathe, go to school or listen to authority would you just allow it, or do what is best for the child. A cat is like a child and as a responsible pet owner you ensure you pet is safe and healthy. Your cat is better off where he is, with responsible owners.

Hats off to the new owners who cared for this cat!!!

Well said, Aslan!

chico2
July 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I too was not going to comment,Lovemypitgirls and others did such a good job:thumbs up
I too feel good this kitty is now relatively safe,has been neutered and hopefully flea-free:cat:
No cat decides he wants to live outside...and buying flea-meds,probably not from a vet and useless,is not taking care of a cat,not seeing the importance of neutering your male,to keep unlucky kittens from being born,is just plain ignorant.
So,I can only hope the kitty has a better life with his new owners:cat::fingerscr

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
So the fact that you didn't take care of him isn't the issue to you. It's more that they can't PROVE you didn't. :frustrated:

ummmm should i point out that it is now in writing and can now be proved that she didn't. All it would take is the proper authorities be sent a copy of these posts.

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Why don't you change the name of your post to "somebody saved my cat". Because FYI- Finding a cat that is near death, is an act of heroism, NOT stealing. YOU my dear, are the most selfish person i have ever met (cyber met) ...GET A LIFE!!!!

chico2
July 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I also suggest to you,that you give some of your spare time to a shelter,to see what peoples ignorance to the need for neuter/spay does to innocent animals.
Maybe you will even get a look at a pile of dead cats,euthanized because of said ignorance towards cats.

badger
July 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
It's annoying, I know, but you've learned something, letting your cat wander around intact (they go further away when they're not fixed, attracted by every fertile female in a wide radius) exposes him to all kinds of risks, including someone providing care that you didn't bother to provide.

I don't agree with cat-knapping (and have been accused of it a few times ;)) and yes, she should have called you when she picked him up, but she didn't, and there's some justice in that, call it instant karma.

There's a cat I feed and cuddle on my balcony. Lucky for the owners, I have no room inside. He never goes home, except maybe when it rains, and even then. I've wormed him and treated him for fleas; the only thing I haven't done is get him fixed (not that I don't think about it). The people who own him don't deserve this little guy. They can't seem to scrape the money together for a simple operation that costs less than a hundred dollars but always have enough for beer and weed. This cat has already gotten my neighbour's cat pregnant and she's barely 6-7 months old. When I see her tiny head, attached to a body the size of a football, how uncomfortable she is, it infuriates me no end. (My neighbour thinks it's cool, another battle I lost). The kittens are promised to a pet shop, who will sell them to anyone with the cash (but not necessarily good intentions).

In some places, letting your cat wander is an offence, so your plan could well backfire. The collar is in the garbage already. Even if, by some miracle, you were able to get him back, you would have to cough up the money they spent at the vet, so get ready for that.

You need to learn from this. Someday you might even thank this person; because of her he didn't starve to death or catch a fatal infection or end up under the wheels of a car.

Sorry. Big lesson.

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 08:54 AM
If he fathers a bunch of kittnes down the road then so be it. .

Everything I wanted to say has been said, but the above statement proves to me that neither you or your boyfriend are responsible enough to own a pet.

clm
July 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny-love
If he fathers a bunch of kittnes down the road then so be it. .

Everything I wanted to say has been said, but the above statement proves to me that neither you or your boyfriend are responsible enough to own a pet.

Sums up my feelings on the whole matter. The person with 20 cats is doing a far better job of looking after them than you have with one. I would suggest that instead of reporting this person, you should be helping them to care for all those cats. Some of whom probably had your cat as their father or other unneutered males and females as parents before your neighbour had them fixed.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Me and my boyfriend got a cat together and it was living at his house as an outdoor cat. He did have the choice of living inside, but he chose outside. I would bring him inside at night and he would just sit at the door meowing to be let back out.

my boyfriend isn't the owner of the house and it came down to either he lets him outside or gets rid of him. What would you do?

So which was it? Why so disingenuous if you think this cat is so well-off with your bf?

Time to think about what's in the best interest of this kitty, tiny-love. Is the cat in better health now? Gaining weight? Happy? Perhaps he's 'home', then.

Now, about your dogs... I hope they're getting better care than kitty did :fingerscr

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe the OP can visit the new, responsible owners and help with the litter box cleaning, feeding, transporting to and from vets, etc., etc. in addition to Chico's idea of visiting the local shelter.

And maybe you can give the new owners the Pets.ca url, we sure would love to meet her, her daughter and her 10+ kitties.:lightbulb:

mona_b
July 24th, 2008, 10:02 AM
but I don't think there's any reason to get fixed. If he fathers a bunch of kittnes down the road so be it.

THIS just proved how irresponsible you are.:wall:

Where did you get the flee meds from?

Has this cat been to a vet at all since you had him?

Qustion before you go to the cops.Do you have proof this cat is yours?Has this cat been to a vet?If so the records would show your name or your BF's name as the owner.Are you prepared to fork over lawyer fees incase this goes to small claims court?

As for that picture,don't bother bringing it.It's useless to them.She would have to be "cought" in the act.

:offtopic:

Oh and by the way, news flash.... Marijuana was decriminalized a few years ago, it's no longer illegal to smoke it

Actually it hasn't been decriminalized.Unless you have a doct's not stating it is for medisonal purposes(for pain from cancer treatments and other crippling painful diseases).Other than that,don't get caught with it.

Jim Hall
July 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
it wasnt your cat unless you kept is indoors

flea medicine other than frontl;ine usually is inneffective and or makes the cat sick neutiring a stay xat IS IMPERATIVE

AS IS BRINGING HOM TO A VET if you :own: a cat and esp a outdoor cat you sould see the vet with him at least once a year and possibly twice

nobody stole your cat he made his choice and so be it go to the rescue and get another is you thonk you can be a reaponsible owner there are plenty of kitties to go around

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I hate to disagree mona b , if you are caught with drugs on you other than for medicinal purposes, you will be charged with possession. If an officer of the law see's you smoking a joint, or a picture of you smoking a joint, they won't do anything. I said decriminalized not legalized. It is not legal to grow, or sell marijuana, nor is it legal to have in your possession a sell able amount. One joint is now a joke, and a fine at worst.

kathryn
July 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Yep, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. Just feeding him doesn't make you a good pet parent. Why would you go out and get a cat just to let it wander off outside? If you know it couldn't be an inside cat when you got it, why would you get it?

I mean it would be like my mom going before a judge and saying 'Well, I leave out some leftovers on the kitchen table every night, and she's allowed to sleep on the couch when she comes home, and I got her some medicine for that illness she has, but otherwise I let her go outside every morning when I go off to work, and who knows what happens to her then."

My mom would be thrown in jail if she treated me how you treated your cat.

The other person saved the cat. If you go to the police, they aren't going to care. That would be like my mom in my made up scenario up there going to the cops and trying to get me back from foster parents who actually take me to the doctors, feed me properly, keep me clean,take care of me etc. Who do you think the police would side with?

And on another note, pictures can be photoshopped and are not sufficient evidence of a crime like that. How would the police know you didn't just take a picture of a girl sitting there, then add special effects to make it look like she's smoking weed. And depending on where you live, it's probably not even a felony. They aren't going to go busting down her door and arresting her because you brought in a picture of her smoking. They won't know if the pictures real, or where it was even taken. So that goes out the window.

Real mature.

NoahGrey
July 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
it wasnt your cat unless you kept is indoors

People who have cats that are outdoors, they are still responsible for their needs. I am not talking about strays.

Sadly animals are still considered property. If that animal has any form of ID on them, that would disguish you as their owner and they need some type of care...you will be held responisble, as you should be. Doesn't matter if your cat is an indoor and or outdoor cat.

ACO22

Melinda
July 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
great to hear he has a wonderful forever home now

NoahGrey
July 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
And on another note, pictures can be photoshopped and are not sufficient evidence of a crime like that.They won't know if the pictures real, or where it was even taken. So that goes out the window.

Actually not true. I must agree though I think that the cops would not give a crap about the picture.

I go to court alot and one form of edvidance is pictures pictures pictures.

But no, I agree that the cops would get quite a giggle at that picture and notthing would come about it.

I would love to see what your other pets look like.

The cat is in a happier place now. With a family who care for it's well-being.

ACO22

mona_b
July 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I hate to disagree mona b , if you are caught with drugs on you other than for medicinal purposes, you will be charged with possession. If an officer of the law see's you smoking a joint, or a picture of you smoking a joint, they won't do anything. I said decriminalized not legalized. It is not legal to grow, or sell marijuana, nor is it legal to have in your possession a sell able amount. One joint is now a joke, and a fine at worst.

Same thing I was saying,but you said it more...:)

As for not saying anything if seen smoking one,that depends.But I won't get into all of that...;)

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM
what is wrong with yyou? i pitty that poor cat:sad: I think your lying. becasue no respectable police officer would let you do that.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Same thing I was saying,but you said it more...:)

As for not saying anything if seen smoking one,that depends.But I won't get into all of that...;)

Lol, smooches right back at you mona b,

Tiny-love, as babymomma said i don't believe you either. I don't understand why you would even consider suing them. If the cat was an expensive pureblood that was going to be used for stud that's one thing, but this kitty isn't. You don't stand a chance in court. Are you planning on turning this cat into an indoor cat, regular vet visits, etc. Or is it going to go back to being, flea ridden, half starved, and a prime target for disease and several other unhappy endings. Why not just leave the poor animal where it is. Oh correct me if i'm wrong but didn't you say the people who have the cat are family.

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
You weren't giving the cat the proper care before. So now you are taking it away from a family who had taken him to the vet, got him healthy, got him neutered and is no doubt giving him more attention than you or your boyfriend.

I don't get it. Why are you so anxious to have him back? So that you can keep him outside and have him constantly disappearing and starving out there?

Maybe you are getting him back, maybe you will sue that other family. But I can't believe any judge would award you custody since all the other family did was do what YOU and your boyfriend should have done from the beginning, and that was to take care of that cat!

When you have an animal you are responsible for taking them to the vet to make sure they are healthy, giving them any medication, giving them FOOD, keeping them safe and not just allowing them to wander outside, getting them spayed/neutered so they stop adding to the already high overpopulation of animals.

I feel sorry for that cat if he comes home to you.

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Just so all you guys know, I talked to the police this morning. Their getting my cat back for me and gave me the option of suing the girl and her family for getting him fixed. Which I will be doing.

OMG you are such a looser !!! Why would you take this cat back ? To let him suffer a bit more ? :wall:

And YOU want to sue THEM ? You know what ? Karma has a way to come back to you , and I'm pretty sure it will !!!

Dingo
July 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
You don't stand a chance in court

It's possible that she does. If she can prove that the cat is indeed hers, then it's possible that a small claims court would award her some kind of compensation for the cat being fixed without her permission. The law considers animals property.

On the other hand, it's conceivable that the other person could successfully argue that the cat came to her as a stray in need of urgent medical care, that she had it fixed on the advice of a vet, and that the end result benefits everyone. It would be interesting to know how such a case would turn out.

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think the OP's recent comments have anything to do with the cat...it sounds like it's simply about ego. Sometimes you just can't 'reach' ppl who are on a different level :shrug: .

tiny-love
July 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
How do you guys not understand it? When it comes to the police it doesn't matter if you think because you see a cat, you can just take it. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO STEAL. PETS ARE CONSIDERED PROPERTY.

1. They took it off someone else's property without permission.
2. If they thought the animal was in danger they should of called the animal shelter and filed a complaint. But they didn't, the stole.
3. I had written proof of them saying "I TOOK YOUR CAT"
4. I had proof it's my cat

And those were the cops words, not mine. :thumbs up

Also, the girl can't say they found it as a stray. In the letter I have from her she says "I saw the cat underneath your car and took it"

The girl is still at my boyfriends house everyday while my cat is at her house and she'd admitted in person YES we have him.

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Original post:

What can we do to get him back?

Looks like the police already answered that question. Is there anything we can help you out with here? Otherwise, looks like this thread has run it's course??

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 11:22 AM
And where did I ever say this cat was a normal looking cat? I actually had been planning on breeding him with this ladies cat that I know. I'm not sure what kind of breed he is but he's got the most beautiful long black hair, and this tiny little squished in face.

So were going to become a BYB? You wanted to breed him but you have no clue what kind of a breed he is. Okay well, good luck to your cat. Obviously the wood is too hard for the nail here so I for one am done with you.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM
My condolences to the poor kitty, and if i were the people who had him, i'd make sure he disappeared so you never find him. As far as i'm concerned you're only thinking of yourself and not the welfare of the cat. As for breeding a cat of unknown background makes you a byb. I was talking about a ragdoll, or sphynx etc, not a mix breed. I'm sure your cat is beautiful, but so are the thousands of unwanted byb kittens in the animal shelters all over the country.

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
My condolences to the poor kitty, and if i were the people who had him, i'd make sure he disappeared

I'm hoping he will :D

Breeding domestic cats ? omg :laughing: this thread is getting more and more stupid :laughing:

:loser:

Dracko
July 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
OMG I can not believe how immature you are. You are going to sue someone cuz they wanted to take better care of your animal than you did. Yes, it's all about YOU. :frustrated:

Hopefully as soon as you let the cat out AGAIN, as we all know you will, it finds it's way back to the person who tried to give him a better life.

There isn't one person on here who's posted and you think YOU are right. Grab a brain.

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Grab a brain.

Oh Dracko , reading a couple of threads since yesterday .... I think brains are back ordered right now. :shrug:

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Frenchy, makes me thankful I found that "ignore" option.:D

krdahmer
July 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM
YOU ARE AN IDIOT.:frustrated:

By your own description you neglected this cat. He did not have proper vet care or shelter, which is neglect under the law. Big deal you put out food for him, he disappeared for weeks and no one went looking for him? That in my books is abandonement!

I for one will be praying that these wonderful rescuers fight you tooth and nail to keep the poor cat, for you do not deserve any animal if this is your attitude. And thank God they fixed him already because no doubt you would have let him breed and breed and breed and add to the millions of unwanted kittens already out there! :wall:

There was no theft here only the saving of a life. And I hope once the law hears their side, you get slapped with a hefty fine for leaving him to fend for himself in such a state!

Oh and just so you know, someone tried this with one of the cats I rescued, she treated him just as you claimed to... then found out how wonderfully he was doing at my house after I took him, tried to get him back and was told by the cops she could cause I 'stole' him BUT... when they found out my side of the story and all I had to do to rehabilitate him, (which they will find by the vet statements these people have with a vet to back up what condition he was in), they then returned and told her to stop harassing me and threatened to follow it up with an animal abuse charge.... so don't count your chickens kid. Having an animal is not all about possession here.

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Frenchy, makes me thankful I found that "ignore" option.:D

;)

but if we all do it , some members won't get any responses :laughing:

NoahGrey
July 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
True. These people will have the proper documentation to support the condition that the cat was in.

If you do have documentation that this is your cat..you could end up getting charged with animal abandement/not providing vet care.

And for some reason, some hudge, I tend to believe that you will lie and say that you have your cat back. You sound very young.

ACO22

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
sometimes i think it's going to be better to not respond to some of the people who post. If no one answers them they'll stop stirring up crap. Oh and krdahmer, the cat will wander off again, and will go back to where he was happier. He should just get a little kitty bus pass now.

BenMax
July 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
ummmm should i point out that it is now in writing and can now be proved that she didn't. All it would take is the proper authorities be sent a copy of these posts.

Now this is a Good one!

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Having an animal is not all about possession here.

I second that :thumbs up

BenMax
July 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Seriously - this can not be for real! Are we all on the same planet?

babymomma
I think shes just a internet troll- Saying things just to see our responses for her own sick pleasure. Isnt that against the rules for this forum and reason to be banned??

Frenchy
And for some reason, some hudge, I tend to believe that you will lie and say that you have your cat back. You sound very young.

ACO22

I thought about that too , and I'm not too sure the police is getting involved either .....

tiny-love
July 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Sorry krdahmer but your wrong. Did you miss my post when I already said I talked to the police? And that their already getting my cat back for me? Maybe you did. I said someone was outside 3 TIMES A DAY to make sure he had food and water. I also NEVER said the cat was outdoors 24/7. He wasn't inside the house a lot but there's a heated room outside the house that was built for the dogs where he had his own bed. ANIMALS ARE CONSIDERED PROPERTY. So when you take a cat from someones house without their permission, it's called STEALING. He had been to the vet before, to get his first set of shots, and thats where I got the flea medicine. And after he didn't come back for a week, we went out looking. Read everything before you say something. And by the way, it's at least $300 to get a cat fixed where I live. Maybe when I could afford that, I would of gotten it done, but now I don't even have the choice.

NoahGrey
July 24th, 2008, 12:00 PM
The girl is still at my boyfriends house everyday while my cat is at her house and she'd admitted in person YES we have him.

I think maybe you should be concerned about WHY is this girl at your boyfreinds house every day and let the cat have a good well cared for home.

Funny how not once in getting your cat back..have you mentioned about properly going to take care of it. Seems like you are just doing to get revenge. And don't even care about the overall issue here...the cat.

ACO22

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I think shes just a internet troll- Saying things just to see our responses for her own sick pleasure. Isnt that against the rules for this forum and reason to be banned??

yes it is, but you'd have to prove without a doubt that the op is lying.... I would prefer to believe she's lying and not so unfeeling that she would take an animal from a home its getting good care at, to stick it outside unloved again.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I think maybe you should be concerned about WHY is this girl at your boyfreinds house every day and let the cat have a good well cared for home.

Funny how not once in getting your cat back..have you mentioned about properly going to take care of it. Seems like you are just doing to get revenge. And don't even care about the overall issue here...the cat.

ACO22

lol, maybe it's because the girl is always at her bf's house that she wants revenge.

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM
yes it is, but you'd have to prove without a doubt that the op is lying.... I would prefer to believe she's lying and not so unfeeling that she would take an animal from a home its getting good care at, to stick it outside unloved again.

Ohh. well, how could we go about proving it?

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
And after he didn't come back for a week, we went out looking.

So you waited a whole week ? wow ....

NoahGrey
He had been to the vet before, to get his first set of shots, and thats where I got the flea medicine. And after he didn't come back for a week, .

His first set of shots?? That means, if adminisrated at the right age, would make him 8 weeks old. Why would you let any cat outside, let alone a 8 week old kitten.

If not and he is older...you are still at fault. The kittens first 3 bouts of vaccines 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 16 weeks are the most important and most vital.

ACO22

BenMax

I am with you. This person cannot be real. If so, call the wagon...quick.

Frenchy
July 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I am with you. This person cannot be real. If so, call the wagon...quick.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was real. Because in life , you have these : :clown: but you also have these : :loser:

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 12:11 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if she was real. Because in life , you have these : :clown: but you also have these : :loser:

Thats true frenchy! .. umm, Where does she live, couldnt we contact a shelter to take him in and so the new family can formely adopt him?

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
she's in ontario, i've already cut and pasted all of her comments and created a word document. All set to send to every animal shelter in Ontario. I hate cruelty to animals. Especially with this little abused furball looking up at me. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself and your treatment of this animal. I hope you do pursue this in court and it backfires in your face. I would love to be able to speak to the girl who has the cat and thank her.:wall::wall::wall: People like 14+ and love4 have the amount of cats they do because of people like you.

tiny-love
July 24th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'll post a picture of me and my kitten when I see him this afternoon! Bye

BenMax
July 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=tiny-love;627803] ANIMALS ARE CONSIDERED PROPERTY. QUOTE]

This is equally disturbing as the thread itself. Is this the making of our next generation? Looks like we still have our work cut out.

This is very sad if this is a legitimate thread.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
sad part is according to her profile she has another cat.

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 12:25 PM
sad part is according to her profile she has another cat.

I know:eek: just saw that and was about to post about it!! very sad

Dingo
July 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
[quote=tiny-love;627803] ANIMALS ARE CONSIDERED PROPERTY. QUOTE]

This is equally disturbing as the thread itself. Is this the making of our next generation? Looks like we still have our work cut out.

According to the law, animals are classified as chattel, which for our less literate readers is a type of tangible property other than real estate or buildings.

aslan
Guys just let it go, it's either a hoax or a very sad situation that we can't do anything about.

babymomma
[QUOTE=tiny-love;627803] ANIMALS ARE CONSIDERED PROPERTY. QUOTE]

Is this the making of our next generation? Looks like we still have our work cut out.

No, not all of us younger people are like this. Most of us have more sense, where as this 'lady' has less sense than a shrew running for a trap. Disguisting.

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE]

which for our less literate readers .

Are you refering to Aslan? Sorry . HAd to. Read the Rehoming thread a few minuites ago.

Dingo
July 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Are you refering to Aslan?

Nope. As far as I'm concerned the incident is over. I've no need to make offhand, sly, childish comments about any other user, much as some other members feel they do.

In any case, much as s/he may be trolling, tiny love is actually correct on this one. Animals are legally considered property, which is one reason why situations like this can be tricky.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
yup my pets ARE my property, but i would hope everyones pets are MORE than just that.

babymomma
July 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
by law yes, but as humans, we should have the decency(sp?) to not consider animals an object or property, but should be considered living breathing things, that deserve GOOD homes.

Dingo
July 24th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I agree completely. And yet, someone like the OP might well stand to win her case in court if she can prove the cat was hers and it was taken and altered without her consent.

BenMax
July 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=BenMax;627834]

No, not all of us younger people are like this. Most of us have more sense, where as this 'lady' has less sense than a shrew running for a trap. Disguisting.

You know what I mean. Certainly do not mean to offend our youth - I still have hope.

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Just like there are bad parents there are bad pet owners, can't do anything about it. *sigh*, our laws need to be updated.

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
And after he didn't come back for a week, we went out looking. .

You waited a week to go looking? Gee how "caring" of you.

I hope the ppl that took your cat goes and gets a statement from the vet about the condition YOUR cat was in when it was brought to him.

You obviously care more about "winning" than you do the cat in question.

:wall:

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 01:06 PM
well if theproof of ownership theory were to prevail, then kelly would have gotten Brew back. Possession is 9/10's of the law. tiny-love has to prove the cat was taken from her property. With a vet saying the cat was half starved, flea ridden and un-altered.....

clm
July 24th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I feel for any people or pets associated with this OP. She doesn't have pets, she has things. You don't have to take care of things, and you can have the police investigate people who take your things. You don't need to really care about these things, but you don't want anyone else to have them either. :loser: My last trip to this thread, she's so not worth it. :laughing:

Cindy

marko
July 24th, 2008, 01:15 PM
This is getting silly - why can't people use the ignore list OR JUST IGNORE posts that get them all riled up.

(Please don't reply to this statement)

Let's please be calm, nice and tone it down.

thx
Marko

tiny-love
July 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Alright here's something to think about. When the girl took my cat, she also took another cat we had. It was my boyfriends others brothers cat but he moved out so we had been taking care of it. How can you guys say we didn't take care of our cat or how can the girl claim we didn't feed my cat when the other one she took didn't have fleas,was very happy, and was over weight?

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
hmmm and it only took two days to think of that....lol.

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Alright here's something to think about. When the girl took my cat, she also took another cat we had. It was my boyfriends others brothers cat but he moved out so we had been taking care of it. How can you guys say we didn't take care of our cat or how can the girl claim we didn't feed my cat when the other one she took didn't have fleas,was very happy, and was over weight?

Ok this will be my last reply to you because personally I think you are full of crap, your story keeps changing, and I think you are just trying to get a rise out of all of us here.
So my last tidbit of advice to you is...GET A LIFE!

marko
July 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Thread closed.