Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feral Kitty

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
here she is folks (well one of them anyway) 3 in total but she is the first one I could get near, she will be vetted and spayed this week or next, super friendly and talks alot but I cannot bring her in becaue of Toonces and Emma so she will be banished to the garage untill we can find her a good home ....any name ideas????

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
and just a few more so you can see how cute she is, she was eating ham hence the licking of the lips!

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Abigal (sp?) Abby for short? Shes such a pretty kitty :flirt: Thanks for taking her in! and Spaying her. I also like lola, and maggie. kiara. carly. Keely. lol.. :lightbulb: Katherine!! <---- i think thats what you should name her, you can call her Kat for short:thumbs up lol

Winston
July 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
She looks so much like the boy Badger thought was a girl and had her happily named Amy...thanks for taking care of her!

:thumbs up

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
and just a few more so you can see how cute she is, she was eating ham hence the licking of the lips!

Well ,she looks like she's making an Elvis impression so I would call her Priscilla :D

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Well ,she looks like she's making an Elvis impression so I would call her Priscilla :D

haha yes she does, Emma is not happy right now, she is on patrol can smell her through the door leading to the garage but she will get over it :rolleyes:

Winston
July 22nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
How about Roxy?

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Abigal (sp?) Abby for short? Shes such a pretty kitty :flirt: Thanks for taking her in! and Spaying her. I also like lola, and maggie. kiara. carly. Keely. lol.. :lightbulb: Katherine!! <---- i think thats what you should name her, you can call her Kat for short:thumbs up lol

I like all those names so hard to choose!

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Trixie?? lol.. I loev that name:rolleyes:

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
How about Roxy?

Thats a good one too, so glad you for to meet kailey today;) I am soooo jealous!

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
I like all those names so hard to choose!

Naming a pet is the hardest thing about owning one in my opinion. lol.. My fav out of them all is Keely.. im not sure why, but it is..lol

Toonces
July 22nd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Well Keely is close to kailey the new foster for Chase"s mom and we are related.....makes sense to me!

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
hehe so? What will it be? keely?:D (ive never had somebody decide on one of my ideas before! :D that'd be cool!)

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
What a cutie. She looks very much like my white ones. The feral momma, Nipper, Niko, and PC. Too cute!
Thank you for being a :cat::angel: and looking after her. :fingerscr you can find a home for her soon.

Chaser
July 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I'm so happy she's responding well to you! What a cutie :lovestruck:

I like Keely....but when I first saw her picture, before I read any responses, my first thought was that she looks like an "Abby"...I was kind of shocked when I scrolled down and saw that was the first idea! Weird...

Love4himies
July 23rd, 2008, 06:33 AM
She is so cute, thanks for taking in this poor kitty.

Toonces
July 23rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
hehe so? What will it be? keely?:D (ive never had somebody decide on one of my ideas before! :D that'd be cool!)

just for you Keely it is:D

Chaser
July 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Cute name for a cute kitty! :lovestruck:

Sylvie
July 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
What a cutie, love the name :thumbs up

You are an angel for doing this for her :angel2: Thanks to you and all the others on this site that help the feral cats. :pawprint:

katherine93
July 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
just for you Keely it is:D

Hehe yay:D thanks :) I really hope you can find a home for her!1!!! ..Did i mention you a :angel2: ??

Toonces
July 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Nah I'm no :angel2: just doing what alot of other ppl on here would do, I was considering calling her Gabby since she never stops talking, this girl has alot of stories to tell!

Chaser
July 23rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Awww...my Grandma took care of a feral cat once that she called Gabby for that exact same reason :lovestruck:

Sylvie
July 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Nah I'm no :angel2: just doing what alot of other ppl on here would do, I was considering calling her Gabby since she never stops talking, this girl has alot of stories to tell!

You are wrong and you are right. There are a lot of people on this site that would do the same thing and they are all :angel2:s too. So wear your wings with pride. :D

Love the name Gabby, maybe you should keep it in the family :laughing:

Toonces
August 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
well we expect to have babies very soon, here she is showing off her big belly:eek:

Chaser
August 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Awww....wish the poor girl didn't have to go through a birth - but SO happy she's with you now! She's looking awfully settled in.....:cloud9:

I wish we had more space....we would take two kittens for sure if we did :sad:

Toonces
August 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
She has settled in here quite nice and slowly we introduced her to the gang but they are only together with supervision. Brandy could care a less because the attention is not on her, Currie will not stop cleaning her...at first she did not like this rude behaviour but now she can't get enough, Petey really dosent know what to think he was scared of her at first, Toonces has been great and Emma is a little hissy but Gabby could care a less (we changed her name because she talks so much :sorry:katherine93 )

When I went to have her spayed we discovered she was preggers and to far along so here we are now waiting for the big day I wish she did not have to endure this. She will be spayed after and up for adoption along with her babies when they are ready to go.

Now for a few pics:D

Chaser
August 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
She's such a cutie!:cloud9: And sweet Currie...:lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Omg she's preggo !!! Thank dog you took her in :angel: I can't believe how well she's obviously doing at your place ! :cloud9: Currie is such a good friend to take care of the cleaning :D My Nelly does the same to both our cats.

Hoping for an easy delivering :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Toonces
August 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Omg she's preggo !!! Thank dog you took her in :angel: I can't believe how well she's obviously doing at your place ! :cloud9: Currie is such a good friend to take care of the cleaning :D My Nelly does the same to both our cats.

Hoping for an easy delivering :goodvibes: :fingerscr

I have never even seen a preggo cat before so I had no idea, I am nervous about the delivery and I hope she can do it herself without much help from me. She has been nesting and we have one of our XL dog crates set up for her with blankies and shredded paper, tonite she will sleep in our room as I think she is going to go very soon and I want to be there for her when it happnes.

Everytime she tries to clean her bum her football belly won't let her and she falls over:laughing::laughing: good thing Currie in on cleanup duty!

Frenchy
August 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I am nervous about the delivery and I hope she can do it herself without much help from me.

she seems very much healthy so I wouldn't worry about that , so many female cats deliver everyday :sad: without any problems :thumbs up

Everytime she tries to clean her bum her football belly won't let her and she falls over:laughing::laughing: good thing Currie in on cleanup duty!

:laughing: good girl Currie :angel:

Try to not worry too much :grouphug: and good luck :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Chaser
August 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I have never even seen a preggo cat before so I had no idea, I am nervous about the delivery and I hope she can do it herself without much help from me.

Good luck and keep us posted! I'm sure you will be a great help to her! :thumbs up :grouphug:

That's just too funny! :laughing:

Sylvie
August 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Don't know much about cats, but have quite a few friends who have ended up with preggos. It seems that they pretty well decide where they are going to have the kittens.

She sure is lucky to have found you.

rainbow
August 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Poor wee girl having babies already but sure am looking forward to lots of pics. :goodvibes: Hope everything goes well for her. :fingerscr

Beautiful Currie :lovestruck: is such an awesome girl. :cloud9:

Toonces
August 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM
sorry I have not updated in awhile my pc is full of viruses (darn kids!) still no babies yet I am hoping she has them soon because I am on holidays this week

14+kitties
August 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Good luck on the impending birth! The dog crate will work out great for keeping her comfy and keeping all the other critters away from mom and babies. :fingerscr for easy delivery!

Frenchy
August 12th, 2008, 08:49 AM
:goodvibes::fingerscr for kittens soon !!! http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/19.gif

NoahGrey
August 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
First let me start by saying THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking her in. You said that she is super friendly. I would classify her a stray, rather then feral. Ferals are wild. Not trusting of humans.

I am curious though, have you had her scanned for a microchip/tattoos? Is she declawed? (just because she is not declawed, doesn't mean that she is not someones pet) Have you called your local animal shelter too see if anyone has called her in missing? Maybe they filled out a lost report.

ACO22

cpietra16
August 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
This is exciting, just as a note... not that it may happen, but this info may be helpful to other.

If you have clumpable litter make sure she doesn't give birth in it...My friend took in a stray and she decided to have her babies in a safe place...the kittens were born in the litter and when my friend noticedin the early morning, she had lost 2 already. Apparantly the clay dried up around the babies and suffocated them. sorry i don't want to dampen the mood...sorry.

chico2
August 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Toonces,all this happening that I missed,I hope by now she's had her babies and everything went well:fingerscr
Gabby looks so content and happy in your home,I think she wants to stay:cat:I hope you'll be a failed foster,no,that's not fair,but the thought of her going to strangers after all she's been through:sad:
Love her striped legs:lovestruck:
I know whatever you do about Gabby,you'll be doing the right thing:cat:

Toonces
August 12th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Well still no babis as of yet, she has been scanned and no microchip and she has her claws and I have called the local shelter.... her and her mate showed up here a few months ago, they stayed in the woods for about 6 weeks before I could even get close, slowly we earned their trust with ham and stinky canned food then we noticed Gabby was preggers, the male is going in to be neutered next week (no way can I bring him in the house he is in love with my Emma and they have had a few fights through the screen), Gabby I am pretty sure will have her babies under my bed so we have blankies and stuff under there for her now, once the babies are born they will move to the crate in the garage away from everyone else, she has fit in her very well and loves to hang with Toonces on my bed and even Emma has started to groom her. Every time she jumps she farts:yuck: haha but who woldn't with al that preasure:laughing:

We are working with a rescue to help place her, the daddy and her wee ones once they are weaned and ready to go unless someone comes forward claiming them of course

14+kitties
August 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I keep going back to these pics. On July 22 when you posted the first ones Gabby really didn't look pregnant. On August 8 she did but not that big really. Maybe it's the angle of the pics. :shrug: I am thinking it may be more toward the end of the month before she has these babies. I hope I'm wrong and she has them this week while you are at home. :fingerscr

Toonces
August 13th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I keep going back to these pics. On July 22 when you posted the first ones Gabby really didn't look pregnant. On August 8 she did but not that big really. Maybe it's the angle of the pics. :shrug: I am thinking it may be more toward the end of the month before she has these babies. I hope I'm wrong and she has them this week while you are at home. :fingerscr

Thanks for the input 14+Kitties I have no knowlegde of preggo cas or dogs, this is the first time I have ever seen a preggo kitty before, wish I could post a new pic but can't on this pc her tummy looks like a football, her nipples are quite big and red and she is eating alot...I did read that they slow down on their eating a few days before birth. She sleeps alot gets up for food and to use the ltter box and back to bed she goes .

I really apreciate any advice you have

14+kitties
August 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hopefully this site will help. I will puruse my book again to see if I can find any other info. I know that when I see a pregnant feral around here and I think she looks ready to pop she still goes another few weeks. Sometimes more. But I'm not an expert by far. :shrug:
I will keep looking for more info that may help.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cats-1606/Pregnant-Queen.htm

14+kitties
August 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM
One thing I don't think that site said anything about....
My books say that her behaviour will warn you birth is imminent. She may refuse food or vomit before labour begins. She may also want to go hide away from everything.
I think if you feel she is getting close you should put her in the crate if possible at least at night. This way you are assured she is safe. Just my :2cents:

Toonces
August 14th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks so much. She is still eating alot and sleeping aot but when she is up her playfull side has come out now that she is more comfortable here with the gang, when I think the time is near she will go in the garage to the crate so it will be nice and quiet fo her, also when I go back to work next week that is where she will have to stay.

14+kitties
August 14th, 2008, 09:22 AM
You are a smart cookie! Putting her in her crate when you go back to work is the best thing for her. She is safe in there.
She is probably sleeping lots because she knows she has landed in a safe place and you will take care of her. She doesn't have to hunt. She doesn't have to watch for predators. She doesn't have a care in the world. So she sleeps. :thumbs up You are an :angel: for helping her out!

JennieV
August 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Just thought I would pitch in, having gone through my cat getting preggers accidentally, before we fixed her (way back, about 12 years or so).
She will definitely let you know she is getting ready, she will become restless and a little dazed, mine went and dig in my closet, and decided to have her babies on my t-shirts shelf :rolleyes:, even though she had a perfect spot prepared for her. She just preferred a more quiet and secluded and dark spot. So maybe you could drape the cage with a dark blanket or something, to make her feel like its a cave. I guess just pay a closer attention to where she goes to rest...Once she starts hiding - it is getting closer. She will refuse food and water the day she will be giving birth.
If you are present when she will be having babies, stay calm, but have a vet's # ready, in case theres an emergency. Most of it goes pretty fast, should not take more than a couple of hours (depending on how many kittens she has), she will be having a kitten every 10 or so minutes, but in between, she should be licking them clean. Its usually pretty quiet, she will just make sort of murmuring noises, but shouldn't be crying, if she is - that means something maybe wrong and she is in pain.
Naturally, cats just know what to do. I would suggest that if you are present at the birth, try not to interfere, not to touch them or help her in any way, that may just stress her out, except if there is trouble with a kitten, then call the vet. She should do just fine. :fingerscr GOOD LUCK!!:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Toonces
August 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Again thanks so much for all the advice, before we moved her into the house we had a blankie draped over the crate but she tries to pull it off, and we keep a light on for her at night and had a radio playing soft music for her, here is a pic of dady the kids have named him Rupert, he is adorable and will be getting neutered next week and then going up for adoption. I know the friskies:yuck: but my friend brought it over and he seems to like it:rolleyes:

Toonces
August 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
and a few of momma Gabby, she has no problem jumping on the counters thats for sure!

14+kitties
August 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Rupert is very handsome.:flirt: I hope he gets adopted easily. Black cats don't seem to have much luck. :sad: You feed them what they will eat. :shrug: The last one I got will only eat Purina Cat Chow and a very little bit of Friskies. I try giving her other food it goes to waste. So she gets what she wants. At least they are eating.
Not all kitties like dark. Obviously if Gabby is pulling the blanket down she doesn't. The light and radio is nice for her. Great job!

14+kitties
August 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I just thought .... has Gabby got a swayback yet? That is another sign birth may be close.

Winston
August 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Toones thank you so much for taking care of Rupert and Gabby! Cant wait to see some kitten pics! I hope Rupert gets adopted and all goes well! Gabby looks happy and its really nice that she doesnt have to give birth under a bush or stairs! Good luck!

Toonces
August 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I just thought .... has Gabby got a swayback yet? That is another sign birth may be close.

no swayback as of yet, just fed her another can of kitten food she is eating for 5 I think!:eek:

Rupert maybe staying with my vet after his neuter and they may adopt him out for us:fingerscr, he is just lovely I feel honoured that they have chosen our home as a safe place . Gabby loves the kitten food can't get enough and Rupert is not picky at all (his favorite treat is chicken or ham)

Frenchy
August 14th, 2008, 09:22 PM
and a few of momma Gabby, she has no problem jumping on the counters thats for sure!

omg is she ever comfy !!! :cloud9: and who cares about Friskies , much better than for this cat to go feed in dumpsters :thumbs up

every time I see that you posted , I expect to read about the delivering :crazy:

chico2
August 15th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Toonces,thank's for all that you do for kitties and dogs:grouphug:

Rupert is a beautiful boy,if he also has a sweet temperament,I am certain he'll get adopted from the vets office:goodvibes:
It's a better exposure than in a cage at a shelter,but I'm sure you already know that.
What's important is that he eats and Friskies to him is probably an absolute delight:cat:
Gabby is a sweetie for sure,I would be sooo nervous about facing a kitty-birth,but cats are usually very good moms.
I too have never taken care of a pregnant female..

Toonces
August 15th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Still no babies but I think we are getting close, she did not come running and talking thismorning for her canned food so maybe thats a sign she is getting ready:fingerscr

14+kitties
August 15th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Let's hope I am proved wrong and she does have them while you are home. It would be so nice for you to be able to keep an eye on her. :fingerscr for her and you. It's harder on us than on them I think. She looks like she's a bit of a pro.

JennieV
August 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Any news!? :stork-baby::fingerscr:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Toonces
August 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Nothing yet folks, I just hope its soon cause I want to be here for her, she is so young I hope she is not a pro at this, not that I don't want her to have a smooth delivery but I hope this is her first and last

Winston
August 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Any news yet??:thumbs up

14+kitties
August 20th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I was wondering too. Nothing? :fingerscr it's soon.

How is Rupert doing? Has he been fixed and adopted yet? :goodvibes:

Pennypuss
August 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I would name her Beauty. She is so pretty. I have anew cat that I adopted from the Hempstead Town Animal Shelter.Tiger stripes and white feet and chest and belly and on tip of tail. So we call her Tippy Tail, Tippy for short.

Toonces
August 21st, 2008, 03:10 AM
sorry I have not updated I don't get on a pc much since mine is in getting fixed. Still no babies but I expect in the next few days. Rupert went MIA the day before his appt so he has another booked fo next tues (I think my Emma told him trough the window that the jig was up and he had better get the heck outta dodge:laughing:)

14+kitties
August 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
sorry I have not updated I don't get on a pc much since mine is in getting fixed. Still no babies but I expect in the next few days. Rupert went MIA the day before his appt so he has another booked fo next tues (I think my Emma told him trough the window that the jig was up and he had better get the heck outta dodge:laughing:)

Little beggar! So you couldn't put him in a cage or crate the night before? I swear they know when something is going to happen to them! :frustrated:
I keep thinking about Gabby, hoping she has the little ones soon. But they are like everyone else, they come when they are ready.

Toonces
August 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Little beggar! So you couldn't put him in a cage or crate the night before? I swear they know when something is going to happen to them! :frustrated:
I keep thinking about Gabby, hoping she has the little ones soon. But they are like everyone else, they come when they are ready.

That was my intent but he never showed for is nightly feeding, had everything all set up for him and he was a no show. He has been back everynight since tho so I tried putting him in the crate one night and he went bezerk so bad I thought he would either have a heart attack or hurt himself so I had to let him out, no way could I keep him like that for 6 days untill his apt so what I have done is upped the anty, he is getting yummy stinky fish, chicken livers and all sorts of tempting things and he is actualy sticking around so I know come monday night I will have no problems catching him, problem is I hope he does not hurt himself, was thinking of asking the vet if they would give me something to keep him calm and comfortable untill the morning , thoughts on that?

chico2
August 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Toonces,a friend of mine always had to kind of sedate her cat before each vet-visit,I don't know with what,but I know she got it from her vet.

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Beserk as in he was climbing the walls, freaking out, digging with his nose at the sides and bottoms trying to push his way out? Yeah, that's fun but it only lasts a little while. Honest, he would calm down. Every one of my ferals that I have caught have done that. None have hurt themselves yet. :fingerscr
Do you have Feliway or the other one? Maybe a shot of that would help? I don't know. I've never used it. But others swear by it so maybe it's worth a shot?
Just be warned...if he did it in a crate he will do the same thing in the carrier. You just have to remember it's for his own good. It's over soon.

Toonces
August 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
He was doing all those things and I have to admit I am such a softie and I felt so bad for him, he is sticking around now tho so tomorrow I wil put him in the crate and he can stay there till he goes to the vet, hopefuly Gabby can hang on for a few days then becuase that is where she has to stay once the babies are born, I have no where else to put her and altho my gang is great no way would I trust them with new babies

14+kitties
August 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Now it would be just like her to have those babies while the crate is in use. :rolleyes: :D Hopefully I was right and it is more to the end of the month. That way it gives you a few more days. :shrug: Although it is getting closer to that now.

I just make sure that I have the litterbox, food, water, everything else set up and ready before I put whatever cat has to go in the crate in it and then I can just walk away. I know that it never lasts long. It's just a "You took my freedom away from me you silly woman" thing so I ignore it. The first time I saw it I almost let the cat go too. He may put on another show for you too when you feed him or if you come out to talk to him. Just ignore it. As hard as that sounds.
Good Luck!! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Toonces
August 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Well Rupert is safe and sound in the crate since midnite last night. I got in late and he was waiting outside the front door so I scooped him up and put him in, he freaked but thismornng is fine altho he has no idea what a litter box is :eek:. I brought Gabby in for him so they could have a visit and that was quite the reunion, let them free in the garage and it was a total snuggle fest, they are quite smitten with each other, after an hr or so Gabby let me know it was time to come back into the house (to claim hubbys spot on the bed of course:laughing:) if I didn't think her time was so close I would have let them have a sleep over but for now they can have supervised visits:)

14+kitties
August 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Awww, that is so cute!! They must really love each other. Maybe they could be adopted together. :fingerscr
Rupert isn't using the box? Silly boy! That is just strange. What does he use outside? Leaves, pine needles? Maybe if you replaced the litter with some of that he will use the box then and you can slowly start adding litter.

Toonces
August 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks thats a great idea, so he has graduated from te garage to my cat cage outside, I can't beleive I never thought of that before but I ahve had a pretty stressfull week (not animal related) and I guess it just slipped my mind. He loves it out there, we have a tarp over the top to protect him incase it rains and he has met the dogs and thinks they are pretty cool:cool:. Currie of course is trying to clean him through the cage:laughing: and he is not objecting,

a few pics of MR Buddy Love AKA Rupert

rainbow
August 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your stressful week :grouphug: ....I hope everything is okay now. :goodvibes:

That is a great setup for Rupert. :thumbs up

I love the first pic :lovestruck: and Currie is amazing as usual with her "Mother hen" instincts. :cloud9: :D

I hope Rupert's snip goes well :fingerscr and hopefully when he's back he'll be a proud daddy. :goodvibes:

Good luck for Gabby too :fingerscr .....I hope she has the babies soon. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
August 24th, 2008, 02:19 PM
so he has graduated from te garage to my cat cage outside, I can't beleive I never thought of that before but I have had a pretty stressfull week (not animal related) and I guess it just slipped my mind. He loves it out there, we have a tarp over the top to protect him incase it rains

Never mind you! I should have thought of it too! Minimo has been out in the catuary in her crate like that for the last few weeks! I have a blanket over and a few tarps. The crate is also pushed back as far as it can go under the trees so she has some shade. I leave the door open for her so she can come and go as she pleases. She loves it! The crate is still her safe place for when the other kitties get too much for her. She has her litter box and her carrier in there too. Of course Rupert only needs it for a few days so you don't have to go to that length for him.
I'm glad he is settling and the pups are checking him out! That's cute!

chico2
August 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Awww Toonces,Rupert is a beautiful kitty,I hope he behaves himself and learns to use the litter.
It's sooo sweet him and Gabby love each other,too bad they cannot get adopted out together,but first it's baby-time....come on babies!!!

Chaser
August 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Oh man, now I want Rupert & Gabby! I need to stop falling in love with animals on this site!

I hope they get adopted together too....it's so cute that they're in love. :lovestruck:

Toonces
August 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I really wish they could get adopted together too they are so attached to one another, yes Currie the momma of all things 2 and 4 legged she never ceases to amaze me.....as far as my stressfull week things will never be the same..... a dear friend and former co-worker of mine passed away in a tragic mining accident at the tender age of 22:cry:

Chaser
August 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
That's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that. :grouphug:

14+kitties
August 24th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Oh Toonces I am so sorry! :grouphug: What a terrible thing to have happened. I feel for you. :grouphug:

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend Toonces. 22 is much too young to go . :sad:

chico2
August 25th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Toonces so sorry to hear of your young friends accident:sad:

Toonces
August 25th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks everyone didn't mean to treadjack my own thead.

Momma Gabby and Pappa Rupert are well today, Chase's mom I would love for them to go live with you and I would love to keep both of them myself but that would put me up to 3 dogs 4 cats and one bunny a bit to much even for me:D and probably 5 kittens on the way

Toonces
August 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Well Rupert had his surgery today and they are keeping him over night for observation, my vet lives at the clinic so he is in good hands, I was hoping they could keep him to help us adopt him out but they have a full house right now so I have to pick him up in the AM.

Gabby is doing well and bigger than ever now it looks like a big ballon in her belly. If I had to guess she has 3 babies on one side and 2 on the other, she is comphy and lolling on my bed at the moment, now I just have to figure out what to do with Rupert when he comes home, he has caught on to the litter box and if I trusted he would not mess in the house could put him in one of the bedrooms that is not in use but hubby would freak if he peed or sprayed on a bed (they are all new) and we are getting ready to sell and cat pee is not a good selling feature:laughing: so he may have to stay in the cat cage for awhile, Rupert, Gabby and babies when ready are up for adoption by a rescue called fixed fur life is anyone here knows anyone interested

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Good for Rupert! I am with your hubby though. I don't think I would trust him in the house quite yet. Accidents are still likely.
If Gabby is ok not in the crate I would leave Rupert in it at least for the weekend.
Would Rupert be ok in the garage in a box with a blanket or something? Or would you be afraid of him taking off? I love the name of the rescue! So unique! :D

Toonces
August 26th, 2008, 08:33 PM
So far 5 and I hope that is all, she is a very good momma but dosen't want me far from her so tonite her and the babes are bunking with us in the bedroom, she did have some troubles and I had to cut a few cords but all is well, babies are healthy and nursing, they are all black and white and oh so cute, my daughter and 3 of her friends were here to see the birth and they were so good with her and the babies, very quiet and patient and talked her through it, will post pics as soon as I can.
Rupert will have to stay in the cat cage for a few days and then I hope he can graduate to the house.

Fixed fur life is an awesome rescue!!!!

aslan
August 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
yay, congratulations gramma Toonces......

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Yay for Gabby!! Now isn't it just like her. The day "hubby" goes and gets snipped she has their babies! :rolleyes: I am glad she is ok and had you by her to help out! How great they are all ok. :fingerscr :goodvibes:
I bet you are glad it's over! Phew!!!! The next couple of months will be filled with lots of joy and excitement watching these bundles play! :cloud9:
Good Luck!!

Toonces
August 26th, 2008, 09:57 PM
well wouldn't you know while I was posting she had # 6:eek: so here is a pic of her and the 5 I tought was all she was going to have, my gang has all met them and it was really neat, the dogs are totally smitten altho Petey is kinda scared, no worries they will be seperated when we are not home.

Chaser
August 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
OMG! :cloud9: That is so amazing! I wish I could create room to take two of them :lovestruck: Glad Momma Gabby is doing good! I wonder what Rupert will think of his babies?

Toonces
August 26th, 2008, 10:18 PM
oh and yes that is # 6 coming out if you look close in the pic

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Awww, they are very cute! Hopefully that is it!
Wow, now that the babies are born you can see how tiny momma is. Poor thing to have that many babies. :sad:

Toonces
August 27th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Awww, they are very cute! Hopefully that is it!
Wow, now that the babies are born you can see how tiny momma is. Poor thing to have that many babies. :sad:

I know she is so tiny I am still in shock she had 6. They are all well thismorning and she is eating and drinking

chico2
August 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Awww Toonces how great everything went well and SIX babies,wow!!
All of them black/white:lovestruck:it will probably make them more adoptable.
I know it's going to be a lot of work to care for Rupert,Momma and babies,but I still envy you watching these little guys grow...wish I could:cat:
However,pics will have to do and lots of them,ok!!
You're a wonderful grannie:thumbs up

Frenchy
August 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
:crazy: wooohoo ! Congrats gramma Toonces ! That black and white (more white than the others) looks quite cute ! :lovestruck:

NoahGrey
August 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Toonces,a friend of mine always had to kind of sedate her cat before each vet-visit,I don't know with what,but I know she got it from her vet.

I don't think that would be very wise too do. Without knowing the cat's health history you could be doing more harm then good and possibly become fatal.

ACO22

Toonces
August 28th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I don't think that would be very wise too do. Without knowing the cat's health history you could be doing more harm then good and possibly become fatal.

ACO22

Everything worked out fine, he adjusted after one day, came home from his neuter yesterday and is doing quite well.
Gabby and babies are all great, hope to get my own pc back soon so get ready for kitten overload pics!

chico2
August 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
ACO,you are probably right,but my friends cat had no health-problems,but would absolutely freak out at the vets.
Toonces,so glad Rupert is ok,not missing his parts at all:laughing:
and yes,pictures and more pictures:cat:

Toonces
August 30th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Just one pic for now till I get my own PC back, here they are 1 day old, I was moving them to the crate so I used this basket.

Sylvie
August 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
he are so adorable :cloud9:

14+kitties
August 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Awww, baby kitties bundled together! :cloud9: So cute!! I remember those days not so very long ago. Now my babies are almost five months old. Time passes quick! Take lots and lots of pictures to remember it by!!!

Good Job Toonces and Gabby!!!!! How is momma doing?

chico2
August 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Awww,a basket with kittens,what can be more adorable than that:lovestruck:

Toonces
August 30th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Momma Gabby and kitties are doing very well but Rupert is sick he has a cold. I took him to the vet today and he is on meds for 10 days, he has graduated to the house and is staying in a spare room seperated from the rest of the gang, my brother was here tonite and is interested in adopting Gabby as a playmate for a stray he took in a yr ago, his kitty Spook looks just like Gabby but is a male my brother found on his property when he was about 13 weeks old, they had him seen by a vet, neutered and shots and he has never had any health problems :fingerscr that it works out I would love to keep her in the family

chico2
August 31st, 2008, 06:55 AM
Toonces,that's great news for Gabby,:pray:it works out with your brother.
What are your plans for Rupert?
Will you let him back outside once he's well enough??
I bet he'll stick around:cat:He is such a beautiful boy..

14+kitties
August 31st, 2008, 07:07 AM
Great that mom and babies are all doing well! I hope that continues. Does it look like all of the kitties are getting enough food? With that many you may have to watch that they are all growing well.
Poor Rupert! Getting fixed and a cold all in one week. :sad: Poor fella'. He's gonna wonder if it's worthwhile to be an indoor kitty. :goodvibes: for getting him better.
:goodvibes: for Gabby too that it works out for her with your brother. That would be wonderful.

Toonces
August 31st, 2008, 08:45 AM
Rupert will be staying in the house now, he realy loves having his own queen size bed to lounge on, last night I slept with him and he was snuggled in all night.

The kitties are all getting chubby and Gabby is eating like nothing I have ever seen

chico2
August 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Awww Toonces,I am soooooo happy for Rupert,he is such a beautiful boy,looks like my Sammy I had many years ago,he was an Angora kitty.

Toonces
August 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Rupert is a real dolly whoever adopts him will be one lucky person, all he wants is love and attention but he is quite the drooler for about the first 5 mins, he is taking his meds like a good boy, not to fussy on the pills but if I put it in with his gooey meds he does not notice and laps it right up, can't wait to get you guys some more pics of momma, pappa and the babies they are getting so big after only 5 days!!

Chaser
August 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM
I wonder if I could convince Chase's Dad that we could make room for Rupert :rolleyes: Unfortunately it's highly doubtful, but he just sounds like such a sweetheart!!! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 08:38 PM
They're so cute ! :lovestruck: So Gabby might get adopted ? :highfive: that would be great ! :goodvibes:

Toonces
September 1st, 2008, 07:09 AM
Chase-mom I would love if you guys could adopt Rupert but I know that would be asking alot, so hopefully it works out for my brother and Gabby can atleast stay in the family

Currie and Rupert hanging out in his room watching the telly:cloud9: and Gabby and babies:lovestruck:

chico2
September 1st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Toonces,I jumped to conclusions,I thought Rupert was staying with you,:sad:
But I know how much good you do with animals,if you kept all of them:crazy:
He looks like he fits right in though,amazing:lovestruck:

Momma Gabby,what a good mom and those babies:lovestruck::lovestruck:

Winston
September 1st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Toonces~ love the baby pics! God Rupert is right at home! Has he been an outdoor kitty for long? he seems so mellow!

Cindy

Sylvie
September 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Toonces your pictures are awsome. What a lovely family you have. :thumbs up

Toonces
September 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Toonces~ love the baby pics! God Rupert is right at home! Has he been an outdoor kitty for long? he seems so mellow!

Cindy
Rupert showed up here about 4 months ago, then a month after that Gabby appeared, they were living in the woods and it took me almost 2 months to get close to them.

Chico I would love to keep him but Emma and Toonces would not allow that, they can't stand him, Gabby on the ther hand is cool with them and they are respectfull and don't bother her or the babies.

Sylvie thans so much for your comment :o

14+kitties
September 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
So we just need to give Chase's dad a little push Rupert's way. :cloud9:

Chaser
September 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM
So we just need to give Chase's dad a little push Rupert's way. :cloud9:

Yeah...hubby gave a definite NO! to that idea! He says I can only get cats when we move to a townhouse and he doesn't have to see them. :frustrated: Can you tell he's not a kitty person? It sucks - Rupert even loves doggies! He'd be a perfect match for us :sad:

Toonces - Any chance of your brother taking Rupert AND Gabby??? :D

Toonces
September 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah...hubby gave a definite NO! to that idea! He says I can only get cats when we move to a townhouse and he doesn't have to see them. :frustrated: Can you tell he's not a kitty person? It sucks - Rupert even loves doggies! He'd be a perfect match for us :sad:

Toonces - Any chance of your brother taking Rupert AND Gabby??? :D

Nope that would not happen, male cats are funny and his is very skiddish with other males, I don't think Rupert will have troubles finding a home once he goes to a adoption center altho I sure will miss him:sad: