Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our newest adventure! no quads in this one LOL

dmc123
July 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hello,

This post is about the dogs. And the search for which dog is having "accidents" in the kitchen during the night.

History on the canines - Rudy is 12 1/2, Delaney is a bit over 9, and Simon 3-ish.

This began about 2 weeks ago - when we got up there was "pee" in the kitchen. Not just a puddle - but a stream. To explain that, we have a house built in 1922 that slants quite a bit. So if you pour a glass of water from the middle of the house, it flows downhill toward the outside of the house. So pee does the same thing.

We thought at first it was Delaney - the only female, due to no splatter(of the pee). But the boys both squat at times outside unless a stray male is near.

First, we started setting the clock to take them out, approx 4-5 am. That worked for a day or two. Then we decided to take Delaney to the vet to see if she had a bladder or urinary problem.

We had to "catch" some pee, vet said just slip this little cap under her, lol, yeah right! We improvised and taped the cap to a yardstick....and we were able to slip it right under her without such a shock. (I need to post that invention, LOL) Anyway Vet said she did have a "minor" issue and gave her some meds. Those are finished now.

Today's check showed she is clear of that problem.

Now, on to our newest adventure - we are trying to video tape the kitchen at night to catch who is doing this. We set the tape on record in the middle of the night. We have to know, so we can take the correct one to the vet to get checked, LOL, hate to think of following the boys around to "catch" their "pee". Wish us luck, since last night, there was no pee.

It's always something, lol.

Take care,
Diane

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
We improvised and taped the cap to a yardstick....and we were able to slip it right under her without such a shock. (I need to post that invention, LOL)

:laughing: omg you bet you'll have to post that invention ! :laughing: Funny , but brilliant :thumbs up

I can't wait to see what the video will catch !

dmc123
July 23rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
no luck last night, I think Delaney hears the camera buzzing.

When we all got up, while harnessing the boys, she came into my room and let loose...pee all over my rug.

We got another prescription for her, 7 more days. We'll see how that works.

Diane

Frenchy
July 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
We got another prescription for her, 7 more days. We'll see how that works.

Diane

:sad: I hope that's all she needs ! :fingerscr