Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I dont know what to do!

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
I need help. Mostly moral support. I know you all probably think that i cannot handle another dog right? Well, An old friend of mine just brought me a German shepherd puppy to show me. And You know how you dont choose your dog, your dog chooses you? Well, this dog chose me. And I was heartbroken when they left. They are giving him away because he was the runt and he was very shy, and he didnt like anybody, he was just too scared, Well this puppy Came into my arms and started wagging his tail and licking me face. And i am in tears right now because i know my mom wont let me have him. I called my dad and he was fine with it, We talked about it for 20 minutes. then He said it, the 3 words that brought me to tears. "ask your mother" And at that moment i realized it, She will never let me have him. I just know it. And im crying so much right now. Hes my dream Shepherd to make the best of it. His coloration is so beautiful :( i dont have a picture, but i have a picture i found on the internet that he looks like. Of course he isnt that size but he will gorw to look just like him. Can anybody tell me how to convince my mom?

Thanks for listening,
katherine<3

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Here ya go

clm
July 22nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
What reason do you think your mother would have for saying no?

Cindy

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Because we already have so many pets.. :(

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Wow, I don't know what to tell you. I wish you luck though. At least your dad doesn't mind. Do you think he could plead your case? Can your family afford another pet?

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Oh yes, we can afford it, we can afford many more. My dad is pleading my case at the very moment. But i doubt it will do much.. He shouldnt be long finding a good home anyways, now that hes free:frustrated: but he and i both fell in love:sad: I think my mom really wanks a Yorkie, And shes wanted one for a long time. And i thinkk if she gets another shepherd, she wont get a yorkie, so now ill feel bad if she does let me have the shepherd:sad: Its a lose lose situation for me. And she has been wanting a yorkie 100 times worse since my aunts trying to find one :sad: Oh well. I just hope he gets a good home :shrug::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::sad::sad:

clm
July 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
A lot of pets means a lot of time and money for their care. If your mom feels that another dog is too much on top of all the pets you already have then you really should respect her decision I'm afraid.

Cindy

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm sure the puppy will find a wonderful home. Maybe you can help your friends find him one. I think it's great you want to help this little guy, but clm is right. If your mom thinks it's best you might have to let him go. Believe me, I know how you feel. I want to bring every cat I see that needs a home into mine, but I've got my hands full right now. You have a lot of other pets that need your love and attention.

clm
July 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I know how much it hurts. At least you have lots of other pets. I wanted a dog growing up, but my mom would never allow it. Once I left home I could have all the pets I had the time and money to afford to look after. Still not as many as I'd like though.

Cindy

mona_b
July 23rd, 2008, 09:03 AM
A lot of pets means a lot of time and money for their care. If your mom feels that another dog is too much on top of all the pets you already have then you really should respect her decision I'm afraid.

Cindy

I have to agree with this.You have already stated that your mom said no to the pup that is being fostered.Why would she say yea to this one?

katherine93.Your 16.So what if in a couple of years you head off to college.So who ends up looking after this pup?And the rest of the dogs you have?

My daughter is 21.She has been bugging me for a pup for 3 years(we lost our other GSD 4 years ago)She was in school always hung out with friends.Went away weekends.Then got a job.Became of age.Went to parties..So I asked her,in all of this busy schedual you have,where on earth would you have time for a pup let alone doing the training?..Katherine,your life will start changing in the next couple of years.Please think about that.I know if I would have agreed to a pup,I would be the one taking care of it.And she STILL wants one.But I have put my foot down...;)

katherine93
July 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
I have to agree with this.You have already stated that your mom said no to the pup that is being fostered.Why would she say yea to this one?

katherine93.Your 16.So what if in a couple of years you head off to college.So who ends up looking after this pup?And the rest of the dogs you have?

My daughter is 21.She has been bugging me for a pup for 3 years(we lost our other GSD 4 years ago)She was in school always hung out with friends.Went away weekends.Then got a job.Became of age.Went to parties..So I asked her,in all of this busy schedual you have,where on earth would you have time for a pup let alone doing the training?..Katherine,your life will start changing in the next couple of years.Please think about that.I know if I would have agreed to a pup,I would be the one taking care of it.And she STILL wants one.But I have put my foot down...;)

All you guys are right. :sad: I guess i was just being a silly 16 year old lol.. I know where your coming from Mona, I guess having four large breed dogs couped up in my house when i go to university would be cruel (we already going to be hard enough with 3 dogs and the cats, and i also have mice and rats to think about (HOpefully they'll live that long:fingerscr) But i do hope you understand why i was so upset, i wasnt just being a spoiled kid, I really felt that it was ment to be :sad: ... Anyway, thanks for your help, and for helping me realize the world isnt coming to an end.. lol ... me and my dad are seriously considering geting my mom a Yorkshire terrior for tthere aniversary, but one of them is alot easier to take care of than a german shepherd. And besides, I already have my Two sepherds :) Even if one is mixed with a lab! I get 2 for one ! woo. lol

mona_b
July 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Just focus on the animals you have now.......;)