Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I got a rosette at my first horse show ever!

Soter
July 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I entered into a pony hand-showing contest with a black pony called Black-beauty from my riding stables. There were 7 other people who also enetered.

Bambino came first, Dianna came second, Robinson Crusoe came third and i came fourth. I got a yellow-orange rosette that said special, and other people that i thought should have won over me didn't get anything!!

I did black beauty's mane up all plaited with blue and white ribbins, and her tail was braided.

so so so happy!
my first horse show on 20th july
it was sunny too joy of all joys

soter:D

Jim Hall
July 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
well good for you and black beauty give her an apple on me ok?

(got a picture?}

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
I agree with jim, I nice Sugar cube for blackbeuty would be nice though! Ummm Picturessssssssss?????????????????????????????????

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Awww, you must be so proud, would love to see a picture of your horse and the rosette.

Soter
July 29th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm so sorry, but I have no pictures, I forgot to put new batteries in my camera, and i thought i had it all ready for the big day!!

I gave black beauty a carrot on the day

soter

:)

SyntheticSmile
July 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the good job! :thumbs up Brings me back to my riding days with my arab/paint cross mare, Cupid. Took jumping for awhile, but we never did get into showing though. I like dthe trails better and I mostly had her in jumping just because she was to smart for her own good! LOL. If we didn't keep her busy with new things she liked to push your buttons. She definately kept me on my toes! What is hand-showing? Or do you mean halter showing?

BlueBreeze
July 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I've only shown a couple of times (adult walk/jog) before realizing I get too nervous and don't really enjoy it.

But I did come first once :) I was riding BO's really well trained horse.