Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ms. Minimo as requested

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Some BB members were "bugging" me for pics of Minimo. (Do you think we can post those pics in the challenge for this month. :rolleyes:)
So........ here they are. Not terrific because she is still recouping. I need to fatten her up. The only thing she will eat is hard food. Won't touch tuna, won't touch Evo, won't touch Jack Mackeral. I need to find something she will eat. This just makes me think that she was dumped even more and whoever had her only fed her hard food.
The last pic she really is not impressed. Looks like she is about to attack!! I think that is because she doesn't like her ears touched. The mites were so bad. Now her ears are looking much better. :thumbs up

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
She is such a pretty kitty:cloud9: thank you so much for taking her in! Your a kitty :angel2: wow, in the last pic she looks PO'd!!!

Chris21711
July 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
She is so cute 14k still think she looks like a Tinka though :laughing:Do you have plans for her?

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
She is very pretty...even if she is a mite PO'd in that last pic! :eek: Did you get that hand out of there pretty fast? :o

mona_b
July 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
She is B E A U T I F U L.............:lovestruck::cloud9:

Minimo,you have no idea how lucky you are.You have an absulute :angel: taking care of you.;)

Pic 3 is priceless.She really looks pissed.LOL

Have you tried Merrick?

Or maybe try putting pieces of tuna in her dry..:shrug:

How about boiled chicken?

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
She's a pretty girl, that's for sure. LOL, that last picture, I can see her looking at you out of the corner of her eye.

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
She is sooo pretty :cloud9: and sooooooooooooo lucky to have been found by 14+.

I agree, any stray that will only eat kibble is one that has been dumped and was dumped very recently. Sweet Pea was starving when I got her and she would eat anything I put in front of her, she now has an extremely pickly palette :frustrated:. Misty the stray I was feeding on my deck before she passed away would gobble up anything I put out for her, kibble was her last choice to eat if there was tuna or real meat there too.

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Some BB members were "bugging" me for pics of Minimo.

Probably some newbies hey ? :whistle:

She's too cute , love the pissed look in the third picture : rrreeerrrrr hiss hiss :cat: :evil:

phoozles
July 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
There's that cutie! :lovestruck:
About the wet food - I agree, sounds like she was definitely a house cat at some point - Ethel and her babies went crazy over ANY type of food we fed her..
If she'll only eat dry and you want to fatten her up, have you checked out the trial sized bags of Orijen? They're only about $2 and it's higher in calories, so you might have some luck there.. :fingerscr

allymack
July 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
what a lucky girl she is to be taken in by you and all of your kitties:cat: she is adorable:cloud9: althoguh i have to agree she does look mighty PO'd in the last pic

chico2
July 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
14+,she is a pretty little girl,looks a bit skinny and worried,but she will soon find out how lucky she is to be with you.:thumbs up
We don't know the hardship she's been through,if they could only talk:cat:

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
She is so cute 14k still think she looks like a Tinka though :laughing:Do you have plans for her?

The plans at the moment are to get her healed from surgury and fattened up a little. Then try to adopt her. Do YOU have plans for her? :D Than she could be Tinka!

Probably some newbies hey ? :whistle:

Yep, that's it, the newbies again. Danged troublemakers!! :D

Chico - she is very skinny. I am working on changing that.

I know she looked ticked in that last picture but I didn't pull my hand away. I kept on scratching. She really didn't mind too much. (I don't think)

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Have you tried Merrick?

Or maybe try putting pieces of tuna in her dry..:shrug:

How about boiled chicken?

About the wet food - I agree, sounds like she was definitely a house cat at some point - Ethel and her babies went crazy over ANY type of food we fed her..
If she'll only eat dry and you want to fatten her up, have you checked out the trial sized bags of Orijen? They're only about $2 and it's higher in calories, so you might have some luck there.. :fingerscr

I agree, any stray that will only eat kibble is one that has been dumped and was dumped very recently. Sweet Pea was starving when I got her and she would eat anything I put in front of her, she now has an extremely pickly palette :frustrated:. Misty the stray I was feeding on my deck before she passed away would gobble up anything I put out for her, kibble was her last choice to eat if there was tuna or real meat there too.

Last week when I took some hearts and gizzards in to Minimo she looked at me like I was nuts. Like I dare expect her to eat something that looked/smelled like that. :rolleyes: I don't know if she would eat raw but I will keep trying.
I went shopping today and on an impulse grabbed a can of Friskies. Yep, I know, crap. But the shape she was in when I got her was not great with the mites and tapeworms so I figured whoever had her wasn't looking after her at all and would be feeding crappy food. I opened it up and put it in her crate and she mowed down on it! So..... they fed bad food which I now have to try to convince her she can't have. I will start doing a gradual switch over very soon.
Thanks for all the well wishes folks. She loves them!!!

krdahmer
July 22nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
She looks good! And I imagine she's still talking up a storm!:lovestruck: I'm having some trouble feeding myself, silly Palomine is off his food again! Maybe I should try the friskies! Right now all he wants to eat are temptations treats... which from day one he has always turned his nose up at! :shrug: Weirdo.

Hope she has a quick recovery and starts eating better soon! :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
There's the purrty grrl :cloud9:

Wow her feet look just tiny :cloud9:

I'm sure getting her ears scritched now feels much better than it did a week ago :)

chico2
July 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
14+,I would feed her whatever she eats,be it Friskies or Fancy Feast,what's important is for her to gain some weight and strength.
Although my cats eat mainly Wellness,I still give them the odd Fancy Feast,especially the beef and turkey.

mona_b
July 23rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
I agree with chico.At least she's eating.And that's what you want.:thumbs up

Give it a few days or so with the friskies.Then just take a bit of it out and mix in one of the others.And then more and more less of the friskies.

But I am so glad she's eating.:highfive:

rainbow
July 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Yep, I agree with Chico as well......feed her as much as she wants of anything she will eat then worry about switching her later.

She is such a purrty gurl :lovestruck: and I hope Mona adopts her. :D

Chris21711
July 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
The plans at the moment are to get her healed from surgury and fattened up a little. Then try to adopt her. Do YOU have plans for her? :D Than she could be Tinka!

Dang you 14k, where is that old fart smiley again :laughing: