Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Malcom and Matilda

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
I picked up the feral kittens that my co worker and I rescued and took to the humane society. Originally I was going to pick them up when my first crew left, but who knows when that will be now.

They are known as Malcolm and Matilda, or M & M. Malcolm is black with a small patch of white on his throat, Matilda is the one with more white. Malcolm is much more daring than his sister.

I didn't take pictures the first day of arrival as Malcom was so sick with a URI, that I was too busy nursing them, and they didn't need any cameras flashing in their face. They went to the vets yesterday, got antibiotics and as the day wore on they were feeling soooo much better.

At first they wouldn't come out of their bedroom. Malcolm peeking out.

I started moving the hanging mousie, Malcolm's interest peaked. Took an hour of rolling balls to get Malcolm to come out.

"Come on out, sis, there are lots of toys to play with"

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
"No thanks brother, I have toys to play with in here.

"Awww, momma took my toys out, so I do have to venture outside to play"

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Oh, that big human is not so scary after all.

Now where did that ball go to?

Malcolms first meal eating on his own since his arrival yesterday morning. Mmmmmmmm real meat.

He was so stuffed up, that he couldn't smell so he didn't eat. I force fed both of them until they started eating on their own.

allymack
July 22nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
aw, they are adorable!:lovestruck: i would jsut weant o cuddle them all day long:cloud9:

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Awwwww:cloud9: They are so cuuuute!!

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm so glad you were able to pick them up. I was getting worried when you said they were ill. I can see you got Charlie out of that little house LOL.

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
They are so cute! :cloud9: You have your work cut out for you. Poor gaffers had a rough start on life. :sad:
So did you put them in the spare bathroom? I figure it's the only spot you have left. I'm glad you got them out of the shelter. They will do much better in your loving hands. :thumbs up

How are the other ones doing? Have they figured out there are intruders in their house?

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
I can see you got Charlie out of that little house LOL.

Yes bribery with treats works well, they forget their rebellion when they hear the treat bag shake. :laughing:

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
They are so cute! :cloud9: You have your work cut out for you. Poor gaffers had a rough start on life. :sad:
So did you put them in the spare bathroom? I figure it's the only spot you have left. I'm glad you got them out of the shelter. They will do much better in your loving hands. :thumbs up

How are the other ones doing? Have they figured out there are intruders in their house?

They are in the bathroom that is connected to the kitty nursery room so my older fosters have had their play area cut in half and their litter box is in their bedroom rather in the ensuite bathroom.

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
they forget their rebellion when they hear the treat bag shake. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: That happens in my house too. Even Czarina, who up until 2 weeks ago never had a treat comes running.

Do you think you will try to put them and the others together at some point?

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
:laughing::laughing: That happens in my house too. Even Czarina, who up until 2 weeks ago never had a treat comes running.

Do you think you will try to put them and the others together at some point?

Yes, if my older fosters are still around when the new foster's URI clears up. I think it will help these tiny ferals so much more that what I could do. They still are not completely litter box trained.:sad:

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
A house full of kittens :cloud9: I could have hours and hours of fun but you live too far :cry:

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
They're so little! And so cute! :cloud9:

They're very lucky that you were able to take them on! :fingerscr and :pray: for the future pillings :eek:

phoozles
July 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Aww, they are so cute and tiny!
Have you tried the Cat Attract litter with them? My little guys used it right away, so I was lucky..
You definitely have a cat house right now - so cute, but so much work!

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
M&M are so cute :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

I'm glad you could foster these 2 even while the others are still home. :highfive:

Playing kittens :cloud9: nothing cuter :cloud9:

:goodvibes: speedy recovery Malcolm

rainbow
July 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oh you do have them already :thumbs up ......I am so behind on here. :o

What little cuties they are :lovestruck: and I know that they will thrive with your care. :goodvibes:

Chris21711
July 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
You are a saviour L4H. They are cute little buttons, they have it so good at your place with their own little suite. :cloud9: