Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

introdusing my 3 kittens

Monkas
July 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
I have 3 domestic kittens. 6-7 weeks old and in 2 weeks I am mooving to Vancouver . Can someone help me and let me know how to find them home? It is urgent. I ve posted ads on kijiji and craiglist but no one has replied. its been 4 weeks already. here is my email: dia182@yahoo.com (Montreal) i appreciate your help.
:(

badger
July 22nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Sorry, I don't have any solutions for you, Montreal is swimming in cats. You could call around to some rescues and see if they would take them. Here is a list:
http://www.petfinder.com/awo/index.cgi?action=state&state=QC&city=&keyword=

If you find homes yourself, PLEASE don't give them away free to people you don't know, it is too risky. People who are unwilling to pay even a modest amount for an animal (no less than 25$) are less likely to take them to the vet when they are sick and forget about shelling out for a spay or neuter. I know some people quarrel with this point of view but I think it is more true than not-true, and that's enough for me.
And then there are the flat-out abusers :sad:
I would never give or sell an animal to someone I hadn't met face-to-face.

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Oh they are such cuties.

If you do not want money ask them to make a donation at the local humane society and have them bring them a copy of the tax receipt for proof.

Good luck.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry, I don't have any solutions for you, Montreal is swimming in cats. You could call around to some rescues and see if they would take them. Here is a list:

If you find homes yourself, PLEASE don't give them away free to people you don't know, it is too risky. People who are unwilling to pay even a modest amount for an animal (no less than 25$) are less likely to take them to the vet when they are sick and forget about shelling out for a spay or neuter. I know some people quarrel with this point of view but I think it is more true than not-true, and that's enough for me.
And then there are the flat-out abusers :sad:
I would never give or sell an animal to someone I hadn't met face-to-face.

i really dont want to give them to a riscue organization. I rather put them to sleep but i cant do that so the only think i can do leave them outside my house untill i am gone for 6 months.. i cant think of anything. i cant sleep at nigth thinking

krdahmer
July 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
:eek::wall:

Seriously is it :loser: day???

If you do that, they will be dead in a matter of weeks. If not days.

badger
July 24th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I rather put them to sleep but i cant do that so the only think i can do leave them outside my house untill i am gone for 6 months.. i cant think of anything. i cant sleep at nigth thinking

BAD IDEA. Do you really think they'd survive out there? If you can't sleep at night, you know your thinking about this is screwy. And what is your problem with rescue? They would be doing you a huge favour and the homes the kittens go to would be checked out, they don't give cats away to just anyone. My vet told me yesterday they have people calling all the time, looking for kittens (too bad I have only adorable adults :sad:). So get some spine and do the right thing.

PS Euthanasia is 75$ per cat, unless you were planning to drown them :frustrated:

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
BAD IDEA. Do you really think they'd survive out there? If you can't sleep at night, you know your thinking about this is screwy. And what is your problem with rescue? They would be doing you a huge favour and the homes the kittens go to would be checked out, they don't give cats away to just anyone. My vet told me yesterday they have people calling all the time, looking for kittens (too bad I have only adorable adults :sad:). So get some spine and do the right thing.

PS Euthanasia is 75$ per cat, unless you were planning to drown them :frustrated:

drown? Never.. i have not kill even a bug in my life. i dont understand... i ve posted ads on kijiji, craiglist, lespac and no one replied.I dont understand how no one can help me. what is the riscue that finds home for cats? do they take care of them and not kill them?i will die from worrying if i give them to a riscue organization. ohhhh i dont know what to do. i lost weight worying all the time i cant sleep at night. :mad:

Actually they are 7 kittens i posted that they are 3 becase 4 people wanted kittens but then they changed their mind and no one called or emailed me again.

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM
i really dont want to give them to a riscue organization. I rather put them to sleep but i cant do that so the only think i can do leave them outside my house untill i am gone for 6 months.. i cant think of anything. i cant sleep at nigth thinking

Seriously, you have got to be kidding me.

Okay, what's going on, is it "lets see how many people we can rile up day?" Is this a joke?

You would rather put these kittens to sleep than offer them to a rescue? May I ask how you came to have these kittens? Are they from a cat you already own that you did not have spayed?

:wall:

badger
July 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Seriously, start calling some of those rescues from the list I gave you. They are loaded with cats, all of them, but kittens are a special commodity, everyone wants them. Believe me, giving them up to a good rescue group is so much better than going on kijiji or craigs list, you don't know these people, they could be anyone, they could take the kitten one day and boot it out the door the next.
A rescue group checks people out. They talk to them about neutering and spaying, about not declawing, about keeping the kitten indoors so it doesn't wander off, not letting little kids pull their ears, suggestions for food - in other words, everything you would want for them, if you could keep them.

You need to get busy, though. Time's a-wasting. Take down those ads and DO IT.

If, by some miracle, all the rescues are full, take them to the SPCA on Jean Talon. It's not ideal, but they will be adopted quickly.

clm
July 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
:eek::wall:

Seriously is it :loser: day???

Apparently. Losers, Trolls, makes no nevermind. Bad weather is bringing them all out.:loser:

Cindy

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
OMG, I am sick over this.:sad:

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Here is a list:

Seriously, start calling some of those rescues from the list I gave you.
A rescue group checks people out. They talk to them about neutering and spaying, about not declawing, about keeping the kitten indoors so it doesn't wander off, not letting little kids pull their ears, suggestions for food - in other words, everything you would want for them, if you could keep them.

You need to get busy, though. Time's a-wasting. Take down those ads and DO IT.

If, by some miracle, all the rescues are full, take them to the SPCA on Jean Talon. It's not ideal, but they will be adopted quickly.

Please do as Badger suggests. Rescues are the best place for your kittens needs.

The SPCA Montreal has a growing foster program where ill cats and young kittens have a good chance of being fostered in a loving home until ready for adoption. They also vaccinate and de-worm as soon as the animals come in.

Ideally though, you should have them vaccinated before they enter the shelter. Are you capable of doing so immediately? At the same time, make an appointment to have the mother cat spayed asap.

There's no use panicking, just do what needs to be done to rectify the situation!

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Did I read your post correctly, that you wouldn't kill a bug, but you would leave not three but seven kittens outside to try and fend for themselves and die?

Excuse me, I'm sorry but seriously "what are you smoking?"

The best chance those kittens have will be at a rescue, RESCUE! Where people interested will be screened they will be vetted and cared for.

Much better than dumping them outside don't ya think?

Omg, I wish you hadn't posted pics of them, they are so adorable, now I have the visual to add to my fears about what is in store for those little sweet babies.

grrrrrr...another thread I will have to avoid:mad:

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Seriously, you have got to be kidding me.

Okay, what's going on, is it "lets see how many people we can rile up day?" Is this a joke?

You would rather put these kittens to sleep than offer them to a rescue? May I ask how you came to have these kittens? Are they from a cat you already own that you did not have spayed?

:wall:

to make the long story short the mother is a stray cat - i was feeding her outside. when she became pregnant she came inside the house and gave birth to 7 kittens. in a week i will fix her. dont worrry cos i love cats more anything. i am just thinking of alternatives and that doesnt mean i will do it. i dont want them to suffer. if someone loves cats more than me then can't you help me? do you think i can take with me to vancouver 7 kittens in a rent apartment? oh of course maybe if i dont find them homes i am not going to move to vancouver. Let me see. my mother in law told me she cant keep them anymore cos the whole house stinks. she is old and cleans their toilet 3 times a day i do it too when i come back from work and in the morning. we have 4 adult cats + 7 kittens. she gave me an altimatum: the kittens out before i leave for vancouver. or maybe she will kick me out with the kittens. idont even live in my own house to decide.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Please do as Badger suggests. Rescues are the best place for your kittens needs.

The SPCA Montreal has a growing foster program where ill cats and young kittens have a good chance of being fostered in a loving home until ready for adoption. They also vaccinate and de-worm as soon as the animals come in.

Ideally though, you should have them vaccinated before they enter the shelter. Are you capable of doing so immediately? At the same time, make an appointment to have the mother cat spayed asap.

There's no use panicking, just do what needs to be done to rectify the situation!

Are you kidding me i will NEVER EVER give my kittens to SPCA NEVER. i dont want them in cages.

aslan
July 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Let it go guys,,,,

badger
July 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Oh, I get it, you want someone to take them off your hands, today if possible, without any effort on your part (and I do congratulate you for what you have done until now).
Sorry, I can't help you. Waiting around for someone who can is risky. Most people who post here are already up to their ears in animals. Handwringing and throwing yourself on the 'kindness of stangers' won't get the job done.
A few calls. Is that so hard?
PS. They'd be in a cage for such a short time (and the cages are huge, they could be in there together). I would trust the volunteers at the SPCA way before I'd trust the trawlers on craig's list and kijiji.
I'm done.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Did I read your post correctly, that you wouldn't kill a bug, but you would leave not three but seven kittens outside to try and fend for themselves and die?

Excuse me, I'm sorry but seriously "what are you smoking?"

The best chance those kittens have will be at a rescue, RESCUE! Where people interested will be screened they will be vetted and cared for.

Much better than dumping them outside don't ya think?

Omg, I wish you hadn't posted pics of them, they are so adorable, now I have the visual to add to my fears about what is in store for those little sweet babies.

grrrrrr...another thread I will have to avoid:mad:

CMON Peopel are you completely insane. I didnt mean to put them aslep . it was just for you to realize taht i realy dont have a choice. I love animals more than anything. the thing i said is because i dont have a choice and i need help from you guys. do YOU UNDESRTAND that i have 11 cats now????????????? and i dont even have my own place so i can keep them.

My mother and father in law are forcing me to give them to SPCA i CANTTTTTTT

in worst case i can leave outside with them but i cant give them to SPCA.

i got so attached to them and they are so nice. i cant usually when i come back from work i play with them for ours and i cry so much.. looking at them how cute and nice are they and I can not find good homes :sorry:

i just want to tell you that i love cats i had 3 cats taht died from being old. o whould cut my wrists for animals.

Dont attack me. The thing i said was in brackets. i didnt mean it. i know if i go to vancouver my motehr and father in law will either bring them to SPCA or leave them outside. I DONT WANT THAT. even if i dont go to vancouver they are the bosses in the house (CMON 11 cats?) that is why i dont know what to do. Do you understand?

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Dang it...wish I had tiny love's # , I think you two have a lot in common.

Anyhow...where's that iggy button?

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Oh, I get it, you want someone to take them off your hands, today if possible, without any effort on your part (and I do congratulate you for what you have done until now). Handwringing and throwing yourself on the 'kindness of stangers' won't get the job done.
A few calls. Is that so hard?

u guys got me worng.:sorry:

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
you guys got me worng. you didnt understand. its ok i love them and will keep them until i find very good people. the only thing is that my motherand father in law are very upset and they dont want them. :pray::sad::sad:

i dont know what to do anymore. i am very confused. you guys attacked me and if you knew how much i love cats you whouldnt attack me...

badger
July 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Well then, set us straight, we want to help, but you have to think strategically, if you are leaving next week.
Believe me, those of us who rescue all shed a tear when we have to give animals up, it's inevitable. Nobody doubts that you are attached to those little creatures. But this is not about you, this is about the animals. If you wait around to the last minute and end up leaving them for your MIL to deal with (and she sounds pretty fed up), no sympathy for you.

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Are you kidding me i will NEVER EVER give my kittens to SPCA NEVER. i dont want them in cages.

Monkas, I think you might be a little misinformed regarding the Montreal SPCA and local Rescues. Kittens are adopted quickly. For kittens, foster homes are often used to insure they are healthy and utd on vaccinations. They are not left in cages if they are even used at all. I don't get why you're so opposed to them if you haven't even inquired or informed yourself yet :shrug:.

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
You should read your own posts. Saying you would rather put down kittens rather than have them helped by a rescue is not the way to endear yourself to anyone here.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Well then, set us straight, we want to help, but you have to think strategically, if you are leaving next week.

Do you understand taht 6 years ago I was accepted to study to university in another town and i didnt go because i didnt want to leave my cats alone? I love cats. Please dont get me wrong. i need help ..nothing else:sad:

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Monkas, I think you might be a little misinformed regarding the Montreal SPCA and local Rescues. Kittens are adopted quickly. For kittens, foster homes are often used to insure they are healthy and utd on vaccinations. They are not left in cages if they are even used at all. I don't get why you're so opposed to them if you haven't even inquired or informed yourself yet :shrug:.

i saw many kittens in cages in montreal SPCA.:sad:

badger
July 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
So GET help. ACT.
No really, I'm done.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
You should read your own posts. Saying you would rather put down kittens rather than have them helped by a rescue is not the way to endear yourself to anyone here.

UNDERSTAND i said that i didnt mean it just wanted to say that resque organization is the worst. I will never put down an animal. do u understand me???:sad:

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
So GET help. ACT.
No really, I'm done.

how can i get help?

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
i saw many kittens in cages in montreal SPCA.:sad:
But they get adopted quickly :shrug: .

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
so far i ve adopted 3 cats. 2 of them died on ages 15 and 14. i wanted to just say I love cats. i helped many cats as well volunteering. guys you make me want to cry. :sad::sad: dont attack me pls

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
#18 Today, 12:57 PM
Monkas
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2008

CMON Peopel are you completely insane. I didnt mean to put them aslep .

No we aren't insane, but the thought of 7 kittens just a few weeks old, left outside to survive on their own is definitely an insane idea.

As much as I would hate to see those sweethearts pts, it's much more humane than dumping them outside.

You have been giving sound advice here, regarding rescues and the SPCA, but you refuse to even consider it, so what do you expect? You want someone here to come and save you from a situation you created for yourself?
Ok, gather up the kittens, get a travel crate, find transport and send them to me, I promise to find them all loving caring homes where they will be kept as indoor cats, and I promise to have them all vetted.
This will have to be done at your expense, I will take care of the vet expenses and anything else on my end.
PM me if this is something you are interested in doing. I would rather try to save them then see them put on the street.

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM
No we aren't insane, but the thought of 7 kittens just a few weeks old, left outside to survive on their own is definitely an insane idea.

As much as I would hate to see those sweethearts pts, it's much more humane than dumping them outside.

You have been giving sound advice here, regarding rescues and the SPCA, but you refuse to even consider it, so what do you expect? You want someone here to come and save you from a situation you created for yourself?
Ok, gather up the kittens, get a travel crate, find transport and send them to me, I promise to find them all loving caring homes where they will be kept as indoor cats, and I promise to have them all vetted.
This will have to be done at your expense, I will take care of the vet expenses and anything else on my end.
PM me if this is something you are interested in doing. I would rather try to save them then see them put on the street.

DID you read all my posts? I said i wil never do it. tell me what can i do if my father and mother in law told me to give them away. they fight with me every day. what can i doooo. help me. i am never ever going to leave any cats outside. pls just help me:sad:

luckypenny
July 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Monkas, please check your "Private Messages."

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Did you read all of Luvmypitgirls' post? You asked for help...it's being offered. Ball is in your court, Monkas.

breeze
July 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
DID you read all my posts? I said i wil never do it. tell me what can i do if my father and mother in law told me to give them away. they fight with me every day. what can i doooo. help me. i am never ever going to leave any cats outside. pls just help me:sad:

this is what everyone is trying to do.. go back and read some of your options and you will see that luckypenny, badger, luvmypitts and some of the others are trying to do......

Monkas
July 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
this is what everyone is trying to do.. go back and read some of your options and you will see that luckypenny, badger, luvmypitts and some of the others are trying to do......

I hope you guys understand in what situation I am right now. its difficult when you dont live on your own.

marko
July 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Thread closed.

This thread was missed by mods and by me. We don't allow individuals to post pets for adoption....and I'm tired of the bickering.