Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Bishop

aslan
July 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Here is the newest furry member to our smooching waggy butt family. He is a 6mth old spaniel puppy who spent the first 6mths locked in a crate. So far he is pretty smart and is starting to figure out that kisses are a good thing.

aslan
July 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Couple more, poor guy everytime he dries off he gets rained on again.

ancientgirl
July 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
What a cutie! Boy, where have I been? I didn't know you were getting a new pup. Are you fostering him or keeping him?

aslan
July 20th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Nope not losing it, we didn't tell anyone til we knew for sure. He's ours to keep 'cause hims is too cute.

ancientgirl
July 20th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Aww, congratulations! How wonderful of you to bring in another little guy into your furry family.

Frenchy
July 20th, 2008, 05:24 PM
He's too cute aslan ! I didn't realized he was so small (beside Quincy) I'll bet he's getting lots of kisses and hugs right now :cloud9:

jealma
July 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
He looks like a real cute boy, I'm so glad to know that his life will no longer be spent ( wasted) in a crate and that he now has a loving forever home. Way to Go

allymack
July 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Congrats on the new addition! he sure is scruffy..( in a good way :cloud9:) i love dog like him..well that look like him, lol. :lovestruck:

aslan
July 20th, 2008, 06:26 PM
we've decided he looks like a really short sheepdog....

14+kitties
July 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
What a cutie!! Thanks for taking him out of that crate!! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
July 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Congrats on adopting the new cutie :cloud9:

You do realize you will hafta post more pic of Quincy & Bailey now too right? Playing with Bishop, fimmin w/Bishop, chewing on Bishop.........:D

aslan
July 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
lol, i'll get right on that, but at the moment i think they are plotting on eating bishop.

clm
July 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM
He's adorable. His fur is beautiful and his colouring is so pretty. He looks mighty happy thanks to you.

Cindy

chico2
July 21st, 2008, 07:05 AM
Awww I missed this post,he looks really cute and will probably be a new little man once he's cleaned up:dog:
I don't know the circumstances that brought him to you,but whatever they are,he must think he's in heaven:thumbs up

Love4himies
July 21st, 2008, 07:10 AM
OMG what a cutie pie :lovestruck:. 6 months in a crate :eek::yell::mad:. Is there a story behind this guy that you can share with us?

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
All i know is he is either a byb pup or a puppymill pup. Not housebroken, at the moment he isn't too fond of me and the clippers. I'm having to scissor clip his whole front end. His legs and paws are badly pee stained and the more i clip the worse his toes smell:yuck: This is after we bathed him yesterday. He doesn't seem to be to badly underweight. Ohoh and he has mastered kissing now:D

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM
What a sweetheart he is, aslan! :flirt:

Brier was rescued from similar circumstances. He was pee stained, too. We never did really get rid of the odor (though it did get less pronounced) or the stains till his hair grew out. But the bathing did help finish healing up the urine burns he had on his elbows (bad enough so that when we got him a few months after he was 'liberated', they were still healing :sad:).

Is Bishop your constant shadow? Brier sure is hubby's. And he really appreciates getting attention--even if it is scissor clipping. :D Just make sure you clip, massage, clip, kiss, clip, give a treat, clip, rub a belly...and whisper sweet nuthin's in his ear the whole time. :cloud9:

It sounds like Bishop's reaction to toys was about the same as Brier's! Toys took some figuring out, but now he considers them the best thing since ice cream...oh, wait...has Bishop met ice cream, yet? :dog: Another wonderful discovery if he hasn't! :cloud9:

He's such a lucky dog to come live at aslan and grace's house! Two playmates and two doting moms... :cloud9:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
OMG, if i had my way i'd change his name to velcro. i move and he's attached to my legs. I use to be a groomer and i've never had such a rough time clipping a pup. From about the shoulder to the bum he'd let me use the clipper, but not his front end, nope,nope, nope.

Hazel, as soon as i saw he was tri-colour i knew you'd like him. He looks a little more spaniel now. I'm never gonna smooth clip him without sedating him. I will let him grow back in long, 'cause him's is cuter like that. And we will just add him to the brushing line up.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM
He's probably never seen a clippers before, much less had one used on him. Noisy, vibrating thing! Can you blame him? :eek: Besides, if you have to spend the time to scissors clip him, then he has more opportunity to kiss your face. :D

We were lucky with Brier--his hair is long, but straight and a bit on the coarse side for a setter, so it doesn't mat much. Bishop's hair looks more like Macie's--fine and curly? But with daily combing (not brushing, which can't separate the strands in her hair) she doesn't often get mats anymore. :thumbs up

Does he like to get his ears cleaned? Brier loves it... I think he had an ear infection when they pulled him out of that place he was at, and he decided he loved regular ear cleanings. :D He's the only one of our dogs that actually leeeaaannnnnnsss into it. :dog:

And is Bishop sorta clumsy? We noticed that it took Brier a few months after we got him before he regained some grace. :D Part of it was adolescence, I'm sure, but a lot of it was loss of muscle tone. Him was real clutzy fer quite a while! :laughing: Watching him cut corners at a run in the yard was hilarious...but resulted in a fairly muddy Brier who needed hosing before he could come back in the house.

rainbow
July 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Aha....I finally found a thread on Bishop. What a sad story :sad: .....#@%&#@ puppy millers. :yell: :frustrated: :wall:

I'm sure glad you and Grace rescued him :angel: .....he couldn't have found a better home. :cloud9:

krdahmer
July 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Aw congrats on the cute new furry!

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM
K he is as clipped as he's gonna get, this is gonna make putting drops in his eyes much easier. Hazel i don't know about the ears yet. Next on the list. Quincy leans and moo's at you if you do his. Bishop likes them rubbed so i'm guessing he's gonna like it too.

rainbow
July 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
So where's the new pic of Bishop all cleaned up? :D

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 01:12 PM
I agree, rainbow. I think new pics are in order, too! :p

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
ok fine, but wow you guys are demanding.

phoozles
July 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Aww, he looks so happy! What a cutie! :lovestruck:

chico2
July 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM
Aww we can see his beautiful eyes,you know,he really looks happy:dog:
I just love rescue stories like this,with puppers seeing the good side of life:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Aw :flirt: Eyes to die for! :cloud9:

What a cutie!!

How about a body shot now? :D

lotus
July 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Such a sweetie.:lovestruck: I'm sure Bishop thanks you for saving him.

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Aw :flirt: Eyes to die for! :cloud9:

What a cutie!!

How about a body shot now? :D

i'm trying, i'm trying, if i even look at him his little bum starts a wiggling and he falls down or goes all goofy. i'm seriously thinking of changing his name to velcro or stalker.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
Can you get a shot of him from the side when he falls over? :laugh: "Stalker" wouldn't be quite as cute as "Bishop", but it would be interesting calling for your Stalker at the park. :p

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 04:32 PM
:laughing::laughing: never thought of that, i can picture the winners who would show up.

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
ok this is the best i can do so far, he doesn't stop moving.

meg4050
July 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Awwwwwwwwww can I come play??? :cloud9:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
lol, now there's 3 of them for you to babysit. And they say sure you can come play anytime you want.

ancientgirl
July 21st, 2008, 06:13 PM
I LOVE that last picture. He looks so happy. I think I'm going to cry. :cry: To know what his life was before and to know he's going to live such a loved life.

wdawson
July 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM
thats a great looking pup aslan.....looks so happy too :thumbs up

Sylvie
July 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Can't believe it, but he looks even cuter than the other pictures :lovestruck:

Wouldn't be hard to fall for him. He looks very happy, is he a happy pup???

lotus
July 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Soo cute reminds me of the little Terrier at our local shelter.

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
He seems to be a happy little guy. He doesn't let me too far out of his sight, and he has discovered playing tag with bailey.
K he likes gummy bears(it was an accident), one peanut, has gathered up all of the boys rawhides and checked each of them out. He couldn't seem to grasp that the hamburger was really for him. Oh and he really likes honey nut cheerios.

wdawson
July 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
K he likes gummy bears(it was an accident), one peanut, has gathered up all of the boys rawhides and checked each of them out. He couldn't seem to grasp that the hamburger was really for him. Oh and he really likes honey nut cheerios.

:rolleyes: i don't need madam hazel and her crystal ball for this one......a junk food pup... may end up in the weight loss thread:laughing:

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM
ohhhh I love his new cut !! :lovestruck: now we can see him , he looks more like a puppy now :cloud9:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
now now, he only got one gummy bear. cheerios aren't bad for you. He hasn't had icecream or anything. And the groundbeef was mixed with rice for supper. They had him on absolute garbage food so i'm doing a quick change.

lotus
July 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM
I bet he gives you the sad puppy dog eyes and you just give in right.:dog:

allymack
July 21st, 2008, 07:28 PM
OMG, if i had my way i'd change his name to velcro. i move and he's attached to my legs. I use to be a groomer and i've never had such a rough time clipping a pup. From about the shoulder to the bum he'd let me use the clipper, but not his front end, nope,nope, nope.

Hmm, Enzo didnt let me do the front of him either!:shrug: He looks really great with his new haircut, you did a great job on it!

wdawson
July 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
now now, he only got one gummy bear. cheerios aren't bad for you. He hasn't had icecream or anything. And the groundbeef was mixed with rice for supper. They had him on absolute garbage food so i'm doing a quick change.

he needs to come here for eating lessons:D.....tomorrow's good for me:rolleyes:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 07:34 PM
I bet he gives you the sad puppy dog eyes and you just give in right.:dog:

:laughing: wrong i'm the strict parent, i don't let the dogs mooch off of me, now the goofy newfie mom gives in all the time. But he does have the big sad spaniel eyes.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 07:54 PM
He looks very good in that 'do', aslan! :flirt: What a sweetheart! Definitely has that happy look down pat! :thumbs up

I'm assuming then that his collar says "Ho Ho Ho" in Christmas mode, rather than "Oh Oh Oh" in complaining mode? :laughing: Psssst...Bishop....hazel likes Christmas, too...she's already singing Christmas carols in the shower! :crazy:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
lol, yeah the collar i bought for him on the way home was a wee bit big ( didn't realize how much of him was actually hair) so the only extra collars i had here were the boys christmas collars, so he's wearing bailey's for the moment.

And he says aaaw gee shucks.......He smells soooo much better now, eye's and ears are clean now too. Shhh nails are next.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Mums the word about the nails... :D How did he take to the ear cleaning?

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Mums the word about the nails... :D How did he take to the ear cleaning?

He kinda looked at me like wtf are you doing, then started leaning, slid to the floor and laid there with his back foot going, and his eyes went all dopey. :thumbs up

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 08:10 PM
He kinda looked at me like wtf are you doing, then started leaning, slid to the floor and laid there with his back foot going, and his eyes went all dopey. :thumbs up

He must feel so much better :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM

:laughing: Another convert :cloud9:

Well, so far, he and Brier match all the way...rescued from the same sort of situation; both tricolors; both had stinky/stained fur; both caught on to Toys really quickly; both love to get their ears cleaned. :D So madame hazel predicts that Bishop will not mind getting his nails trimmed.

Brier watched me groom the other 6 (at the time) Packmembers...teeth, ears, fur, nails...then let me do everything to him that he'd seen me do to the others. That meant standing quietly while I did his nails, too. :thumbs up Shocked the h3ll out of madame hazel...she didn't see that one coming! :crazy:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
I am soooo not doing the others nails, he will learn to growl, nip tug pull cry and anything else. he was ok with me scissor cutting his paws, just didn't like the clipper. we'll see, i have to make sure i have some quick stop left just incase.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well I guess Bishop will just have to come to hazel's house to watch the Pack get theirs done, then :whistle: When can hazel expect him? :D

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
See now we have to negotiate, we are in the crucial stages of getting the kids all accustomed to each other, so they would have to go too, and since he's glued to me at the hip, guess i gotta come too.:D

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
he he No negotiations required. Bring a moho or an RV, though--no sleeping room left inside the house! :laughing: But we have a parking space and electric hookup--and a sanitation station for campers just down the road! :thumbs up

When can I expect you all? :D

ETA: Oh, I forgot to mention we have lots of fenced in running room! :thumbs up

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
And who will come to my house to do Nelly's nails ? :sad:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:00 PM
oh did we forget to mention, we're kidnapping you and the dogs too. Not thinking the cats should come tho, might be a bit scary for them.
Hazel, when i figure out just where wisc is i can estimate time of arrival easier. Especially since i can't find your address, apparantly grace cleaned my desk again.

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 09:11 PM
oh did we forget to mention, we're kidnapping you and the dogs too. Not thinking the cats should come tho, might be a bit scary for them.

wooohoo ! :crazy: Don't worry about the cats , they have mastered the kung foo and bit** slaps :thumbs up and they loooove it ! :cat:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:13 PM
i'm not thinking even kung fu kitties are gonna hold there own with 11 dogs that don't know that kitties are cool.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
WI is south of Lake Superior and just west of Lake Michigan. We're in the west central part of the state. :D What did we figure...11 hours from your place, Frenchy? So if you stop there first, aslan, figure 11 hours more. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
:lightbulb: Okay, how's this for an idea? Humans and kitties sleep out in the Hazel Run Prison and doggies sleep inside the house with hazel? :whistle: Sounds perfectly fair to hazel :D

:cloud9:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Sooo basically 16 hours from here, hmmm doable, when will you're sheets be dry frenchy...

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 09:18 PM
:lightbulb: Okay, how's this for an idea? Humans and kitties sleep out in the Hazel Run Prison and doggies sleep inside the house with hazel? :whistle: Sounds perfectly fair to hazel :D

:laughing:

aslan , are you before or after Toronto ? Oh yes you're near Oakville :eek: I think it's about 7 hours from here ?

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:18 PM

nope i'm allergic to the kitties, you'll have humans and kitties and a corpse by morning. And poor Frenchy would be stuck with a mourning, single Grace to deal with.:laughing:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
:laughing:

aslan , are you before or after Toronto ? Oh yes you're near Oakville :eek: I think it's about 7 hours from here ?

lol, maybe the way you drive, i can do montreal in 5 hrs.:D Must remember to sedate grace first tho. So ignore the snoring from the trunk ok..

Frenchy
July 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM
nope i'm allergic to the kitties, you'll have humans and kitties and a corpse by morning. And poor Frenchy would be stuck with a mourning, single Grace to deal with.:laughing:

:laughing: I'll make coffee :shrug:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM

Another corpse... :eek: That's why we had to designate the Hazel Run Prison in the first place as I recall! :laughing: Well then I guess you'll have to sleep in the car, aslan. :p We'll park it outside the prison and call it the guard station. :laughing:

aslan
July 21st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Either me and Bishop get a comfy place to sleep or nobody gets a ride.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM
OK, OK...I think there might be some room on the loveseat that isn't reserved. Oh, and the kuranda beds are mighty comfy, too! :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 21st, 2008, 11:51 PM
:laugh:

I miss out on all the fun :rolleyes: :sad:

Bishop looks much better all clipped & visible, no more scraggly matts :thumbs up great job Aslan he looks like such a happy boy :cloud9:

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Ok he is officially a big weenie. I take him to bed, he is stretched out sniffing the air conditioner that is just on fan, when it comes on, omg he spun around and ran headfirst into quincy. Then he figured out how to climb onto the bed. So Quincy across our feet Bailey beside Grace, Grace leaning on me, and Bishop on the other side of me. Can you say we need a bigger bed.

breeze
July 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the group Bishop

you are the cutest thing ever!!:cloud9: love your eyes..
tri colored to boot..:cloud9::cloud9:

can you come over and play?? can you... can you ?? I have a someone here that will teach you to play and play and play :laughing::laughing:

and she and I will protect you from that big bad air conditioner..:D there's always room on our bed when mike leaves of course..

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
ummm should i point out before you start making bed offers that he is glued to me.:D

breeze
July 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
ummm should i point out before you start making bed offers that he is glued to me.:D

that could always change you know, after I bribe him..:D:D

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
:laughing: Grace already tried that.... Gotta say him sticking so close to me is making it much easier to see when hims has to go outside.

breeze
July 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
:laughing: Grace already tried that.

so you say..:evil::laughing:

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
my baby isn't open to bribery, quincy on the other hand, well you saw what he's like. Food, did i hear food, you're my new bestest friend.

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ok he is officially a big weenie. I take him to bed, he is stretched out sniffing the air conditioner that is just on fan, when it comes on, omg he spun around and ran headfirst into quincy. Then he figured out how to climb onto the bed. So Quincy across our feet Bailey beside Grace, Grace leaning on me, and Bishop on the other side of me. Can you say we need a bigger bed.

Trust hazel on this one...a bigger bed isnt' going to help that much. :o :laughing:

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Trust hazel on this one...a bigger bed isnt' going to help that much. :o :laughing:

Nope because aslan and Grace will only get more dogs :laughing:

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
nope no more til we make the newfie land move only allowed 3 in ontario.

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
You can't have three apiece? :eek: That's just...:sad:

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
lol, yeah i was kinda hoping we could do the 3 apiece thing too, but then i'd have to build another bedroom.

Love4himies
July 23rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
lol, yeah i was kinda hoping we could do the 3 apiece thing too, but then i'd have to build another bedroom.

:laughing: If the reno permits are easy to get, then should be no problem :D

aslan
July 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
:frustrated: ok you are NOT allowed to talk to Grace, ever..... Actually permits are pretty hard to get here, just because they can.... Took us 6 tries the first time, and the annoying part is the first drawings were right. I just have to get her to wait until we move to newfie.