Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meet Kailey!!! (a.k.a. Beauty)

Chaser
July 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I will try to post some better pics soon - they're hard to get because the dogs don't want to stop moving right now :D They're still having all kinds of fun playing....and they kiss a lot! I will try to get a picture of a make-out session :cloud9:

She really is gorgeous....the pictures just don't do her justice! I have to say I really like her...but Chase's Dad is absolutely smitten! He is quickly falling in love with her and I think I might have to be the rational one for once! :laughing:

(And yes, her tongue really is that big - it's not just the picture!)

mollywog
July 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
aww shes beautiful! :cloud9: Good to hear they are getting along. Any chance you will now be a permanent 2-dog household!? :lightbulb:

Toonces
July 18th, 2008, 06:14 PM
She is gorgeous and I love the name....really suites her and look at sweet Chase what a good boy:cloud9:

rainbow
July 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I love her new name too :thumbs up ......and I'm really glad you changed it. :o

Chase's Dad isn't the only one that is smitten.....I think Chase is too. :flirt: So two down and one to go......here comes another failed foster. :D :thumbs up

Sylvie
July 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sooo glad they get along:D

You won't need to have cable, as they will keep you entertained:laughing::laughing:

Sounds like everything is going good. It looks like you will hve your hands full, but she should:sleepy: tonight.

Can't say it enough, thank you to both of you and of course Chase for letting this little:angel2::evil: into your home.

Keep us posted and can't wait to meet her. :D

Sylvie
July 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM
P.S. love the name :thumbs up

Frenchy
July 18th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Can you smell that smell ? The smell of foster failure ? :laughing:

She's gorgeous and looks soooo happy to be where she is ! :cloud9:

14+kitties
July 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
She is a very pretty girl and very fortunate to have found you! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM
She really is gorgeous! Come on now, you just can't have a one pup household. Chase needs a sister.:D

Winston
July 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
OMG your not the only one who's smitten! Wow her origional picture did her no justice! She is a really nice looking girl! She looks really happy! and so does your cute boy! I wont hope you become a failed foster okay! I will also be the voice of reason! for now anyway!!

Cause if you keep her you cant foster anymore! WE NEED MORE FOSTERS! Not that I dont want you to adopt! but you cant fail just yet!! :laughing:

Looks like things are settling in! You know where we are if you need anything! I am looking forward to finally meeting this little one and her guardian angels ! :thumbs up

Cindy

P.S I also love the name! good choice!

katherine93
July 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
WOOOOOW! IM IN LOVE:cloud9::lovestruck:

I love her coloration, She looks like a black and cream sable, but in some pictures she just looks like a black and cream sadle back. anyway, thats not important! lol...Whats important is that you took this little angel in and is giving her a second chance at life!! Thank you soooooo much for doing this!

clm
July 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Can you smell that smell ? The smell of foster failure ? :laughing:

She's gorgeous and looks soooo happy to be where she is ! :cloud9:

Yep, I can smell it. :laughing: She really is pretty.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
She certainly does seem to approve of her new foster family. :cloud9: She's a gorgeous girl--a fact that has not escaped the notice of the handsome Chase! :laughing: Smoochin', eh? :flirt: :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 18th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Awww love the smoochie pic :lovestruck: so cute :cloud9:

YAY for Chase_Mom for fostering & YAY for the name change :thumbs up

krdahmer
July 19th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Is that what that smell is... hm... thought it was familiar! :rolleyes::laughing:

She looks so happy to have a friend to play with! She's just beautiful!:lovestruck:

chico2
July 19th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Chase_Mom,Kailey is a much better name for her,although she is certainly a beauty.
Looking at the pics gets you all mushy inside,when only a few days ago she was slated for death:sad:
Thank you,thank you,to your boyfriend and you for being a couple of:angel2:

Winston
July 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Okay we need an Update! How was Kailey's and Chase's first night together? I hope your girl was tuckered out from her long day! and that you and hubby got a good nights sleep! :cloud9:

Cindy

Chaser
July 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Okay, first off: The smell of foster failure is not present in this house! My boyfriend seems to want that, but if I'm honest with myself, I just know she isn't the right dog for us....NOT to say she isn't a great dog! But your dog has to fit your lifestyle and she is just not easygoing enough for me I don't think :o She needs firm guidance, and my boyfriend is naturally very assertive so I think that's why they're already so attached to each other. She even rolled over on her back for him last night! I'm trying really hard to assert myself with her and it's coming along, but it isn't natural to me so that's a bit hard. My approach is best with puppies I think! But she will have no trouble finding a great furever home so I am not at all worried about that!

Last night went well. She does well in her crate with only a bit of whining for the first couple minutes. Once, at about 3 a.m. she heard a noise she didn't like and barked, and oh my this girl has a BIG bark! Scared the crap out of us!

She's still enjoying playing with Chase and is becoming more interested in toys. Surprisingly, she seems like only a moderate chewer and so far is not showing any signs of being destructive.

She's eating enough that I think she likes the Wellness Lamb I'm feeding her, but she isn't finishing her meals yet. I'm sure she's still pretty nervous and it is quite hot in here even with our A/C...but she's drinking plenty and eating enough that I don't feel worried. She is a bit constipated though and only pooped once (last night). I'm going to try a bit of plain canned pumpkin and see if that helps her.

Anyway, that's it for now! I will post some pictures later, and in the meantime am hoping she doesn't have a bad reaction to the thunderstorm we're about to get. :fingerscr

allymack
July 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
:lovestruck:she sure is gorgeous!

Its good to hear she had a good first night!

Winston
July 19th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like she is settling! I think you will find once she knows her boundries and limits it will be easier on everyone! It takes some time for you to establish where you are and where she see's you in the pecking order! I know what you mean about the bark thing! My guy has a bark that goes right through me! Glad all is well!

Cindy

Chaser
July 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
A few more pictures to tide everyone over for a little while :)

I just can't get over how gorgeous she is! :lovestruck:

(Their ears look kind of red in the pictures....that's just my camera sucking.)

rainbow
July 19th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I love the last pic :lovestruck: ......it looks like Kailey and Chase are quickly becoming good buddies. :cloud9:

otter
July 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh my, quite the beauty.

and good for you to know what your dog type is :thumbs up I sorta fostered once and felt the same way, I was totally in love with the guy but knew it could not be a long term thing.... now if Kailey stays around long enough things could change, tastes (and smells) change ya know :D

Anyway, it's great this girl is getting a break with such great folks. I'm sure she will bring total joy to some lucky furever family :cloud9:

chico2
July 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Awww,look at them,they are buddies:lovestruck:
Does she have to stay in a crate at night??Where does Chase sleep?
But then again, if Kailey is ok in the crate that's all good.

Chaser
July 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Awww,look at them,they are buddies:lovestruck:
Does she have to stay in a crate at night??Where does Chase sleep?
But then again, if Kailey is ok in the crate that's all good.

Chase sleeps on his bed on the floor beside me in our room. Kailey seems pretty comfy in her crate....we can't fit it in our room though so it goes just outside our door so she's not too far away and the A/C can blow on her. I think she'll probably be able to sleep on the other side of our bed pretty soon though....we just need to get to know her a bit better first, but I think she'll be pretty good with us at night. There's not really anything to get into and we'd notice if she managed it. We'll still be using the crate when we go out though!

Chaser
July 19th, 2008, 04:27 PM
and good for you to know what your dog type is :thumbs up I sorta fostered once and felt the same way, I was totally in love with the guy but knew it could not be a long term thing.... now if Kailey stays around long enough things could change, tastes (and smells) change ya know :D

I might feel differently when I get to know her better and she's had a chance to learn all the rules....but I really want her to find the BEST fit possible for her furever home and I'm not sure we're it. Plus I really want one more puppy, and then to keep fostering....so she should go to a home where she will be the last addition for a while :)

I'm glad to hear this is normal....I've felt so bad that I wasn't instantly feeling like I wanted to keep her forever. I think she's absolutely fantastic and I'm really glad she is with us - wouldn't change it for anything! But for Kailey's sake I think it's important to be honest with myself and just focus on helping her get ready to be the best she can be for her future parents! I really believe she has a very bright future ahead of her :lovestruck:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I love the last picture , synchronized satellite/antenna ears :laughing:

Don't worry about not adopting her. You said you wanted to foster her , and that's what you're doing :thumbs up I can see by the pictures and from your descriptions , she's doing good :cloud9:

Chaser
July 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I love the last picture , synchronized satellite/antenna ears :laughing:

Yes, Chase's ears finally met their match!

Don't worry about not adopting her. You said you wanted to foster her , and that's what you're doing :thumbs up I can see by the pictures and from your descriptions , she's doing good :cloud9:

Thanks! The support of this board and of GSRT is truly making this a very positive experience! :grouphug:

clm
July 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
She really is a beautiful dog. Large and regal but really feminine looking, like Frenchies Nelly.

Cindy