Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pics from my 'mini' garden..

Masha
July 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Some photos from my tiny fron graden, the purple 'inverted petal' one is my favourite... anyone know what its called?

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I can't believe how far along your gardens are! Your coneflowers are so beautiful already--the bracts on mine are only about a cm long so far! :eek:

No idea what that third one is, but it sure is purdy! :flirt:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Echinacea - Purple Coneflower is your inverted plant. It's one of my favs too.

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Do you know what that is in the third pic, 14+?

14+kitties
July 17th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I was thinking it looks like a cosmos hazel but it's so hard to tell when the pic is that close up. I would have to see the leaves too. I have had some that colour. I love them!!

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ooooooh....cosmos! :cloud9: Yeah, you're right! It's been a long time since I've seen cosmos--planted some in the back of the garden this year, but if it doesn't put on another meter of growth this month, it's not even going to bloom before the frost! :rolleyes:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Some of mine are flowering here and they are only about a foot high. I am so used to them later in the season when they get to be close to four feet it's surprised me. I probably pulled close to 1000 plants out this year because I had so many reseed from last year and I wanted them in a different spot. They tend to take over. I want them in a spot where I can just let them go. I am planning on just broadcasting seed next year in places and see what happens. May do it this fall.

JanM
July 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Your mini garden has some beautiful flowers! The Echinacea is so beautiful and your Cosmos is too - love the delicate colour!

chico2
July 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Beautiful pics of beautiful flowers:thumbs up

Masha
July 26th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks!!

Some more flowers have opened up this week, but now it is raining so hard outside, a bit of hail came down too, i hope it doesnt squish the flowers.