Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beauty

Chaser
July 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Many of you will likely remember Winston's thread earlier this week on this little girl who was in some serious trouble:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54339&highlight=urgent

Well, now I'm happy to be able tell everyone that my boyfriend and I are her foster parents! It has taken a lot of planning and figuring-out of details, but now it is finally starting to feel "real". I hated seeing everyone worrying about her on here on Monday, but I didn't know anything for certain until Monday night so there was really nothing I could say to put everyone at ease about her fate. I really feel like there is something special about this girl. I'm always incredibly sad when I see listings for dogs that need homes, but with her it was even worse. As soon as I saw her picture I started to cry and just knew I had to try and help. It's an early and unexpected start in fostering, but we feel really good about it.

We are finally able to pick her up tomorrow morning, and are very excited about it! She has a very special shelter worker who has been taking her home at nights, and she has been playing with her cats and even done reasonably well with two female dogs. I'm told she is a very shy and nervous girl, but also incredibly smart and eager for guidance. The shelter worker started crate training and basic obedience, and Beauty responded well to this.

It's clear this girl touched the hearts of quite a few members, and I will be sure to post updates and pictures. We're new to fostering, and GSRT is so incredibly supportive I cannot say enough great things about them! I also know there is a lot of rescue experience among members on this board, and I know I will be grateful for your advice as we go along.

For now, please keep your :fingerscr that she will like Chase when they meet tomorrow! We think he will make a great foster brother...I just hope Beauty agrees!

chico2
July 17th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Chasesmom,that's just great news for Beauty and we get to see how she's doing:thumbs up
:pray:she will get along with Chase:pray:
Did you let her meet Chase outside of your home??
I think that's what people generally do,but I could be wrong:confused:
:goodvibes::goodvibes:for tomorrow morning,I hope Beauty behaves herself:fingerscr

Chaser
July 17th, 2008, 04:37 PM
They will meet at the shelter tomorrow, with the help of the worker who has been spending time with Beauty, since she knows her so well now. We thought that was best, and then we'll take them for a long walk (as long as the heat permits at least) so they're both tired when they have to be in the car together.

I'll probably let my boyfriend and the worker handle the dogs meeting - I'm more worried about it then I should be, so best to stay away and not be sending nervous energy!

Sylvie
July 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
:thumbs up Can't wait till tomorrow, so that we can hear how everything went.

I am sure she will get along with Chase, who wouldn't. :dog: He is so adorable.

I believe it will be a good match. Just relax and have fun. We are all an email away.

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures too pushy????

Toonces
July 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM
YAY Chase_ mom!!! (and dad too;)) We are so prowd of you guys for taking this step...you will do just fine and you know were are just a phone call away

Winston
July 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Yay! What an update! I cant wait to meet Beauty and Chase of course! Take all the excitement in cause the fun is just beginning! Yes always remember you are just a phone call or an email away!

Good Luck tomorrow! and once again thank you to you and your family and all of those that stood up for this girl!

Cindy

Oh yes pics pics and more pics please.....:thumbs up

krdahmer
July 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Oh yes please pictures! And that is so great that you are going to foster her! Hope everything goes smoothly at the meeting! :goodvibes:

allymack
July 17th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Thats great to hear Chasesmom!! your such an :angel: for doing this! i knew soembody here would be able to pull through for her! way to go! i really hope her and Chase get along well!, keep us updated! and yes, lots of pictures please :D

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
What wonderful news, Chase_Mom! :grouphug: I'm so happy for all of you!

:goodvibes: and :fingerscr that the meeting with Chase goes well tomorrow!

Frenchy
July 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
:clap: yipee for Beauty !!! This is too cewl :p I'm sure the meeting will go just fine :goodvibes: I can't wait to see pictures ... her and Chase cuddling maybe ? :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Excellent! That's so great of you and your BF to foster her! :fingerscr for you all.

14+kitties
July 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Wtg on stepping up!! Fantastic!! Now she has a chance at life again. How long do you think she will stay a "foster"? :rolleyes: Are you going to see if you can beat Frenchy's record for fastest adoption?
Sending more :goodvibes: and :fingerscr for tomorrow.

Chaser
July 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I can't wait to see pictures ... her and Chase cuddling maybe ?

LOL...don't hold your breath for that....but who knows? With any luck they will adore each other!

How long do you think she will stay a "foster"? :rolleyes: Are you going to see if you can beat Frenchy's record for fastest adoption?

I bet we'll want to - but the only reason we can do this is because the rescue covers her costs. We both just finished school....it would be really irresponsible to take on another dog. As it is we've given up good cable, our landline, and wine :eek: to make sure we can take care of Chase properly. So I'm not expecting any record breaking!

I don't think she'll have a problem finding her forever home though - so far as I can tell she's young, cute, smart, and wants to learn. She's going to do great!

Thank you for all the positive thoughts everyone! It is so nice having such a supportive community to share things like this with :)

t.pettet
July 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
You're definitely Beauty's angels, good work.

katherine93
July 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
See what you've got done now chase_mom? Things like this make me cry, now i cannot stop crying. Thanks alot:rolleyes: :cry:

Seriously though, thanks alot for helping this little angel. We are in DESPERATE need of more people like you in this world (Not to mention all the wonderful things alot of other people on this forum are doing, thanks to all you guys too! ) Everybody doing these things will be rewarding greatly someday. It is a reward in itself to have these little angels touch our hearts so dearly, but something else good is going to come along for you all, wait and see. May the good Karma be with you all!

katherine93
July 18th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Are you excited about tomorrow morning ??

Toonces
July 18th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Good Luck today:goodvibes:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
ehhhh , where are the pictures ? :whistle:

:D

Jim Hall
July 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
your an :angel: chases mom good luck

Chaser
July 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Meeting went well today...she barked a lot at first, but they walked together for a bit, then said a friendly hello. As soon as we let them off leash it turned into doggie wrestlemania :) Surprisingly, Chase has been bossing her quite a bit, which we've never seen him do, but she doesn't seem to mind it at all.

She let me brush her no problem and seems to like attention. She is very gentle and affectionate...not listening the best YET, but she's very smart and I know she will. We'll use NILF to help teach her we're in charge. She especially loves my boyfriend...already follows him around and always paying attention to where he is going. :lovestruck:

I will try to post pictures within a couple hours once she is a little more settled. For now we're all going to go for a walk. It was hard to really get a sense of her ability to listen when her favorite shelter worker was watching us, because she was distreacted by her and didn't really want to pay attention to me. :shrug:

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm so glad you were able to get her. She sounds like a sweetie, and I'm very happy Chase is okay with her being around.

Continued good luck!!!

chico2
July 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Chase_Mom,It sounds like everything went well,that's great:thumbs up
Chase is such a handsome guy,so I am sure Beauty is already in love:lovestruck:
Can't wait to see pics..

Toonces
July 18th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Thats excellent!!! Chase being bossy :laughing: now thats funnny! but then again his momma was paying attention to another dog and of course she loves your BF who wouldn't ( I have to say that were family :laughing:) can't wait to see pics!! wonder what Chase will think when he realizes she is having a sleep over, could be an interesting night

Chaser
July 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Yes, Chase is definitely a bit jealous....not snappy and mean, but "pushy" is how I would best describe it. I'm wondering what he'll think when she doesn't leave....but he'll be fine with the sleeping arrangements at least - he'll just be happy he isn't the one being crated! When we got our crate back last night and he saw Daddy bring it in the door he basically gave it the death glare! He'll still go in and lie down when told to, but he clearly hates it :laughing:

Toonces
July 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM
haha to funny, my girls were the same way when Reilly was here hated him for a few days but then they all learned to get along he was very pesky but Currie showed him how to behave propper being the momma that she is, didn't take any of his nonsence and he had LOTS of it! She may not even need the crate after awjile you will just have to see how they get on together and if she has any chewing issues

rainbow
July 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
WOO HOO....I was hoping someone from here would be able to take Beauty and so glad she has found such a great home. :thumbs up

Looking forward to pics of her and Chase. :cloud9:

Chaser
July 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM
We've decided to call her Kailey :lovestruck: Her new foster daddy thought that up - he can be very creative! :)

Pictures can be found at:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54532