Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten has bad breath already?

lm9012
July 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM
When i adopted her at six months old, her breath was harsh. I blamed the food. (POOORINA) She's on Wellness now for almost two months, the breath has improved significantly but it's still there. Her breath smells like a human's 'morning breath'.. :yuck: She's on Wellness Kitten Formula kibble with a few spoonfulls of wet twice a day. Her wet is usually Wellness, Merricks, or Innova.

From what I'm reading it looks like I should be giving her more wet..will this help with breath? I never knew I'd need to worry about her dental health when she was so little still? She's just turned 9 months now and I plan on starting a teeth brushing routine soon..but was wondering if there's anything else I can do to help outside of brushing?

i know more about dogs than cats unfortunately...with my foster dogs, most of them were very young and I encouraged chewys and rope toys to help not to mention you don't deal with bad breath until you have tartar buildup. :confused:

I've checked her little teeth and they are still pearly white. I want to make sure I get her to the healthiest start possible, so please help!

Love4himies
July 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Jasper used to have bad breath when I got him, but since changing to orijen and Wellness canned it has cleared up significantly. No other kitties I have had, had bad breath.

phoozles
July 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Whatever you do, don't give her breath spray :rolleyes: :laughing:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47231&highlight=breath+spray