Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Pittie Co-op" still at it!

babyrocky1
July 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hi all, sorry its been a long time.. no post... we generally organize on Facebook now... but I miss you guys!
I've been dealing with a difficult commission amongst other things.. but wanted to say hi!
The co-op is still walking regularly, usually Sunday nights at eight but for next Tuesday, we are doing a walk to see if week days can work out better for some.. so hope some of you can join us!
As usual, if you would like more details please pm me... we walk in downtown Toronto but the specific locations are not posted on open forums... !
Mastifflover.. I have lost your number! sorry about that!
Hope you can join us soon!

And Brooster, long time no see!

Remember all, the appeal is coming up soon!
September 15th and 16th.. so lets get ourselves together and prepare for a fight...!

Hope to see you all soon!:grouphug:

NoahGrey
July 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry, but what exactly is this? I must have missed the origanal post.

ACO22

babyrocky1
July 15th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The "Pit Bull" co-op is a group for responsible owners of "pit bull" type dogs... we have been meeting for about three years and walking our dogs together.. we also have done lots of fundraising for the Legal Defense and recently got the "pit bulls" together to do a sponsored walk-a-thon for Cystic Fibrosis..
All breeds are welcome but we primarily formed to deal with the lack of socialization that our dogs suffer due to bill 132.

There are many Pittie Co-op posts here, but I need to remember that not everyone has been around as long as I have LOL!

I will post our mandate.. here is our website..
www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com

babyrocky1
July 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Here it is as posted on the website.. we also have a facebook group... and a Yahoo group... All we need are more active members!:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

Today, the "Pit Bull" Co-op currently meets on a weekly basis in down town Toronto. Any interested parties are welcome, as long as they are in full control of their dogs - all pit bulls must be properly leashed and muzzled - for more information on meetup times and days, please contact us. The "Pit Bull" Co-op has been formed by and for responsible "pit bull" owners (American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, etc) in order to maintain a 'quality of life' for our dogs in the face of Bill 132. To begin, the co-op members will be meeting with their "pit bulls" as well as supporters and their non-pit bull type dogs for leashed and muzzled dog walks. We will also investigate ways of providing legal fenced or enclosed areas, in order to more properly socialize and exercise our dogs.

While the primary function of the Co-op will be to provide socialization for dogs and owners on a not-for-profit basis, the Co-op recognizes that optimally, this will require Bill 132 to be disposed of in favor of intelligent non-breed specific legislation. To this end, the Co-op recognizes the need to support organizations such as "Banned Aid," in their legal struggle to have this bill declared un-constitutional. The Co-op may wish to organize fundraisers in order to help in this fight. Although the "Pit Bull" Co-op is Toronto based, we would like to encourage other groups in Ontario to form their own groups. We would then have provincial Liaisons, for sharing of information, ideas, emotional support, and of course political actions.

The Co-op recognizes the difficulty in arranging meetings for large groups of people and dogs, however, smaller groups can meet more often - maintain networking, allowing for all the dogs and people to meet one another, and when we do come together for a large dog walk or protest march, all of our dogs will be more comfortable with one another. The Co-op also promotes whenever possible, all other positive "bullie groups" and rescues.

seeker
July 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I wish we could make it to more of these walks but it is a distance problem. We have and will continue to get to the bigger ones.

babyrocky1
August 3rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hi all!!! All of the pro-bully groups are working on this one.. not just the "pittie co-op"
So far the plan is to have a mass demo.. dog walk around Queens Park. starting at two on August 23rd!

There is also a facebook group set up so that we can monitor RSVPs but you can also let us know here.. so far we have almost eighty confirmed on facebook but we need many,many more.. so please let everyone you know, know!

This rally will be kicking off the appeal in September... we do this every year now.. in conjunction with MY DOG VOTES.... and our dogs DO VOTE so lets show the politicians once again that we are here to fight the "good fight" for as long as it takes!
please pm me with any questions!

babyrocky1
August 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
All dogs must be in compliance with the law.. all breeds are welcomed but to attend the walk we ask that they be sp/nuetered.. so to not upset the pack!

Chris21711
August 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Keep up the good fight babyrocky - I will pass the word around in my neck of the woods, it's not too far from TO :thumbs up

Chris21711
August 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
babyrocky1 - :offtopic:Did you ever hear anything further about Rambo?

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I believe that Rambo is still waiting his day in court, however, Gabriella, his owner has been allowed visitation! Even that was a big battle.. in my opinion,
Rambos' best hope is that we win the appeal in September which would FREE him!

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Keep up the good fight babyrocky - I will pass the word around in my neck of the woods, it's not too far from TO :thumbs up

ThanX!!!!!! Thats what we need! the word out asap! :thumbs up:dog::pawprint:

Pit Bull Love
August 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hey! Another pitty pal! lol It's Zoe! Here I sign up for a forum thinking I'm a stranger and all the pit bull folks are here! lol

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM
LOL... I know.. I saw you!!!! :highfive:
This is my very first internet home!!!!! EVEN before BIN.. this is where the "Pittie Co-op" was "born"!!!! :stork-baby:
Pets.ca rocks..!!!!!! and even more so now that your here too!!!!!!

You have to look up some of the old threads on BSL!
You will get a big kick out of them.. oh and the Pet Idol threads from last year... you gotta see how this site Kicked BUTT!!!!!
LOL:dog:

Pit Bull Love
August 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I was actually googling something and ran across a thread on here about pit bulls and didn't see one person bashing the breed so I figured I had GOT to check it out! LOL I'm glad I did! :thumbs up

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Well there have been a few that have tried but we took care of them.. LOL:thumbs up

Pit Bull Love
August 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
:highfive:

Chaser
August 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I believe that Rambo is still waiting his day in court, however, Gabriella, his owner has been allowed visitation! Even that was a big battle.. in my opinion,
Rambos' best hope is that we win the appeal in September which would FREE him!

Poor Rambo :sad: This case always makes me cry....he's so gorgeous and looks so sweet. These short visitations are complete B.S. :frustrated: i feel terrible for his owner...

Chris21711
August 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
ThanX!!!!!! Thats what we need! the word out asap! :thumbs up:dog::pawprint:

Seems like the word is out babyrocky1, I was telling my daughter about it today to pass the word (she works at the OSPCA) and she told me that they had received a memo about it and that they were already informing peeps :thumbs up

babyrocky1
August 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hi again.. just bumping up this post... please help spread the word!!!!

babyrocky1
August 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Seems like the word is out babyrocky1, I was telling my daughter about it today to pass the word (she works at the OSPCA) and she told me that they had received a memo about it and that they were already informing peeps :thumbs up
Great News Chris!!!!!:thumbs up

babyrocky1
August 20th, 2008, 10:46 PM
friendly reminder all!!! please, please, come out on Saturday at two.. all dog owners.. infact cat owners will be great too! Best not to bring the cat though LOL

We will be starting at two with a giant dog walk.. all dogs must be in compliance with all laws... WE NEED YOU!!!!!! Please pass the word to all!

This event is brought to you by the "Pittie Co-op", Ador-a-Bull Rescue, and the five groups who are challenging bill 132 in the courts known as the Bannedaid Coalition.. www.bannedaid.com !!!!!

This is not just a "pit bull" thing! Its a breed ban thing, and your dog could be next!

babyrocky1
August 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Thats Rocky and I.. black and white dog with red and pink accessories!
Anyone else that wants to confess to being in the pic????LOL:crazy:
We had a fantastic time..although the heat was tough on the dogs.. people came with coolers full of water and ice, towels etc. co-operative as usual....
I was sooo touched by the turnout!
People came from the States, Windsor, AFTU crew ofcourse!!!, DLCC and Staffy Bull folks were well represented, Bullies in Need... lots and lots of cool peeps with thirty six dogs.. all breeds but mostly bullies and they were soooo well behaved.. perfect little angels!!!!! I'm not sure how many people but we did make a great impression walking our not so little group around the parks at Queens Park!

babyrocky1
August 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
the pic is just part of the crowd.. we filled the whole front steps!

babyrocky1
December 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Today was our pre Christmas Walk.. we are still at it so if anyone would like to join us.. we have a great time and we now have an indoor venue for part of the walk!!!

babyrocky1
December 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
okay.. three times..

babyrocky1
December 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Rocky and Zelda.. still co-op buddies!

babyrocky1
December 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM
the "gang" !!!

hazelrunpack
December 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I love their Christmas outfits! Wish they could ditch the muzzles, though :sad:

angeldogs
December 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM
They do look good in their christmas outfits.

Love4himies
December 14th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Awwww Rocky and Zelda are beautiful in their Christmas outfits :cloud9: :lovestruck:

chico2
December 14th, 2008, 08:22 AM
OMG Babyrock,look at all those beautiful pups,Rocky and Zelda look great,not a bit embarassed because of the X-Mas outfits:lovestruck:
I think it's great that you all meet up,I bet you get tons of looks walking by,very good for people to see the injustice of the stupid muzzle:pawprint: