Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Apparently Cappy is a semi-finalist... ?

phoozles
July 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Remember when 14+ submitted that pic of TT in to the Cutest Pet Contest? Well, I put a pic of Cappy in there but didn't tell anyone - even I only voted for him maybe twice. And just today I got a notice saying he's a semi-finalist.. Of course, they want me to buy their book, so I don't know if everyone who submitted a picture is a 'semi-finalist', but I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best..

Here's his page: http://www.cutestpetcontest.com/bigpic.php?enum=100330425

Oh, and his name isn't Cappy anymore.. it's Squiggy. And CC's name is now Violet..

14+kitties
July 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Sneaky, sneaky phoozles. :D He is a sweetie, isn't he? And I am so glad the name got changed from Purple Ernie. Now he won't have to hide in shame.

So does your email say the votes have been pouring in? Did it say he has won a spot in their next book? Did it say you have a great chance of winning and have advanced to the next judging level? Ummmm, yep! Me too!
But they are telling me I don't have to buy the book. Just that I may want to. :rolleyes:

Yeah, nice!

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
So that's why they don't give running totals of the votes as they come in! :rolleyes: pftuiiiiiiiii! I voted for him anyway, phoozles. So that's the infamous (now ex) Purple Ernie? :D

What's this book they're trying to encourage you to purchase?

14+kitties
July 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Book Title: The Cutest Pets of 2008 - The Best of 2008 and we can get it at a bargain price of ---------- $69.95. I think I will get 10!
Supposedly TT's has been chosen as one of the best. sigh --- yeah

Sorry Phoozles. I feel bad now. :sad:

rainbow
July 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry to both of you :grouphug: .......what a rip-off. :rolleyes:

phoozles
July 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I had a feeling something was up .. especially since I never really voted for him - yet all these supposed votes were pouring in :rolleyes:
Since I knew that people actually voted for TT - something seemed suspicious when I got this email..

Yeah, Squiggy and TT are going to be in this book! And it's only $69.95! What a deal! You don't have to buy it .. but wouldn't you WANT to ? :rolleyes:

I feel bad for you 14+, you could have used that cash..

Who knows - maybe TT will win anyway, doesn't someone have to? :shrug:

14+kitties
July 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
well, supposedly someone has to win. But who's to say the pictures on their site isn't from employees? I am a little disappointed but not heartbroken. I know my little boy is special. That's what matters!! :cloud9: You are right, the kitties could have used the extra cash. Guess I gotta go find a J.O.B. :eek:

phoozles
July 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
A J.O.B?? :laughing: That's crazy talk!

14+kitties
July 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I know cause - Kitties - 3 - 4 hours a day
Greenhouse - at non peak times - 3 - 6 hours
at peak times - 9 am to 6 pm 7 days a week
Gardens - at least 1 hour a day
Housework - Awww, who am I kidding?
Making meals - can't get away from that - 1 hour
Pets.ca - mmmmm, 1 hour? 2? :D
Family - when I can fit them in

So.............. J.O.B. I can give maybe 2 - 3 hours a day?
Hey! Might still have time for some sleep. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Awww what a sweetie. But hey, I liked Purple Ernie :laughing:

That books sounds like the poetry book offer I keep getting. I posted a poem of mine on a site and my poem has been "in the process of being published" LOL, yeah in a book that's going to cost me $80! And I can also have my poem framed for the bargain price of $59.99.:rolleyes: I guess they have to pay for their website some way.:shrug:

Chris21711
July 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
We entered Iggy, got the exact same email trying to hawk their book!:rolleyes:

phoozles
July 16th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Wow - can you believe that all of our pets are so wonderful that they are ALL semi-finalists? :laughing: