Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucky's 'Breed Test' Results

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 02:53 PM
According to the woman at MMI Genomics that I have just spoken to, Lucky's test results have come in :goodvibes: :goodvibes: .
Ready?

He's a fruit salad with fish, birdseed, and straw thrown in to the mix. :laughing: Believe it or not, this is exactly what the woman told me. She said he is either a breed that is not included in their list of 100 breeds tested for (highly unlikely) or he's the king of mutts :D (too many breeds in the mix without any being the dominant one).

We were so looking forward for the results these past months but Lucky says, "It's ok Mom. I still have the cutest mug you've ever seen." I agree :D :cloud9: .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus036.jpg

Love4himies
July 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
:laughing::laughing: No hint of any breed what so ever???

He sure is purty, just doesn't matter what breed he is :cloud9:

Ford Girl
July 14th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Aww...look at that mug....:lovestruck: So kissable. :angel:

Those results just mean he's extra special....:crazy:

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
He's the ultimate invaluable 'designer' breed :D . Not from a byb but from a shelter to boot :thumbs up . What a deal :D .

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
:laughing::laughing: No hint of any breed what so ever???

Nope, none. And they ran the test twice; first using their original test of over 36 or so breeds, then using their new test of over 100 breeds :shrug:.

mollywog
July 14th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Which test did you use? How much did it cost? how long did it take for the results to come back to you? I am curious about doing this for Molly.

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2008, 08:04 PM
A true "melting pot"! Handsome, and with purdy white teeth, to boot! :flirt:

Lucky has known all along that he was all dog...so he's satisfied! :dog: :D

wdawson
July 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
A true "melting pot"! Handsome, and with purdy white teeth, to boot! :flirt:

Lucky has known all along that he was all dog...so he's satisfied! :dog: :D

i agree :D

rainbow
July 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
WOW.....look at those beautiful white teeth. :thumbs up

And, I would say that Lucky is a mighty fine looking GBD. :cloud9:

otter
July 14th, 2008, 08:17 PM
luckypenny you have the most valuable of all breeds - a one in a million, all canadian Lucky dog!!:thumbs up

Can't be anything more perfect than that :lovestruck:

She can be a breed of her own:D Maybe they'll add her to the database :D

Frenchy
July 14th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I was so eager to find out ! :yell:

ok so his breed will be ..... adorable :D

14+kitties
July 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I don't know what all the confusion is about. Lucky is an ESP dog. We all know that!

Extra

Specially

Precious!

:cloud9:

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know what all the confusion is about. Lucky is an ESP dog.
...or Extra Spoiled Puppy :D

katherine93
July 14th, 2008, 10:22 PM
i dont mean to "keep on" But i would love to see a picture of her when her face isnt way up in the camera! lol.. :o I havent seen a full body shot of her before and i would looove to see one

14+kitties
July 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
...or Extra Spoiled Puppy :D

No! I don't believe for a minute that Lucky is spoiled! :rolleyes:

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM
i dont mean to "keep on" But i would love to see a picture of her when her face isnt way up in the camera! lol.. :o I havent seen a full body shot of her before and i would looove to see one

This is Luckyboy :D (pictured with Pennygirl last September).

I had to go to Facebook to get the photo. Years worth of photos have been lost when my hard drive crashed :sad: .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/LuckyPennyMiscouIsland2007.jpg

luckypenny
July 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Which test did you use? How much did it cost? how long did it take for the results to come back to you? I am curious about doing this for Molly.

Oops, I almost missed this :o .

Here's the site mollywog. The great thing about this company is that they offered a refund because the tests came back inconclusive. Their customer service is awesome :thumbs up .

http://www.canineheritage.com/

I noticed that the new test costs 120$ US. I ordered ours quite a few months ago and paid about 60-70$ (for the old test) if my memory serves me correctly. Because the first test came back inconclusive, they offered to do the new one for free.

Chaser
July 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Those are some interesting test results! I think it would be kind of neat to find out your dog is one of a kind :D He's so handsome....:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Aw that's too bad - not even a hint :shrug:

Well we all knew Lucky is one of the most handsome Great Canadian Shelter Dawgs so I guess the rest don't matter too much! :D

Love the pics - Lucky's such a cutie :lovestruck:, Penny too :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I absolutely love that up close picture!

I would love to know what breeds are in my gang, but it doesn't really matter what they are because it's not like we love them any less right?

Chris21711
July 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
You always have to pay extra for anything that is custom made, so Lucky is up there with the Custom Mades.
LP - does he have a black/blue tongue. If so, would he not be part of one of the Japanese breeds. Course, what do I know. :o

katherine93
July 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM
You always have to pay extra for anything that is custom made, so Lucky is up there with the Custom Mades.
LP - does he have a black/blue tongue. If so, would he not be part of one of the Japanese breeds. Course, what do I know. :o

I agree with you chris.. but for some unknown reason, the first breed that pops in my head that he looks like is a chow? Did they check him for that??

glasslass
July 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Sounds like an American dog! Melting pot and all that! Pure 100% doggy-dog, and a prime example!

lm9012
July 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM
What a cutie pie!! But I can't believe you don't even get a teeny tiny hint??? I know we don't love our mutts any less..but it would still be kinda cool to know where they come from!!

I've been wanting to run one of these on Albert. Good to know they'll refund if they can't figure out the breeds for you. I was waiting for the number of breeds they cross reference to go up this year.

I swear up and down Albert has Beagle in him because of his size, ear shape and vocal talents..he 'bays', howls, sings, you name it, and he does it ALL THE TIME!

His face is definetely Jack Russell, but the ears aren't as pointy, and he's bigger, with longer legs, not to mention his fur...he has a curly 'mane'. So i'd love to know where that's from!

Lol...about the designer breed comments!! and to think people pay hundreds for one of those!! Don't they know you can pick one up at any local shelter and they're even BETTER!!????

Don't you just LOVE having a dog that doesn't look like any other dog anyway? gotta love those mutts!! :D

angeldogs
July 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
:laughing:What a happy face.

He is one happy handsome boy.:lovestruck: